Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

3.2

999 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Their recruiter reached out and I agreed to interview. Went on campus for the first stage, was 1 simple question. After that they asked to come for the loop of 5 interviews: 3 coding, 1 design, 1 cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Given two sorted arrays, find intersection.   Answer Question
  • Given binary tree, flatten it to a linked list (move all the references to node.right)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was set up with a phone interview the following week. They asked me a binary tree question and I honestly didn't know how to go about the question at that time. One thing to note is that Facebook moves really fast.

Interview Questions

• Given postorder and inorder traversals, construct a binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was really awesome. Guided me through the whole process. I was feeling timid at first but once the tech interview started it was easy to remember what I've study for.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in August 2017.

Interview

I had two separate phone interviews that were very similar in structure. The interview started with me giving a brief overview of my most accomplished project on my resume. Then, the interviewer presented a technical question. I started by asking questions to develop a better understanding of the question, and to note necessary requirements. Also, I explained the approach I planned on taking before I started writing any code on CoderPad. As I wrote my code, the interviewer asked questions to get an idea of my approach, and asked me to test small test cases. I was asked a few basic time complexity questions after I finished writing the function. The interview ended with me just asking questions about the job.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to detect if an array is monotonic?   Answer Question
    • Write a data structure for a collection with the following functions: Add(T), Remove(T), GetRandom().   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a competing offer due. Turn around was incredibly fast. Whole process from initial phone screen to onsites to offer took < 2 weeks. General DS, medium leetcode questions. Explain your thought process to your interviewer and try to code fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Long phone interview, asked about career, types of projects, discussed challenges, multi-threading, writing language interpreters and solving problems in an innovative manner. We also discussed the role and interacting with clients.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you been working on lately.   1 Answer
    • What languages are you using to code   1 Answer
    • What percentage of your time is spent coding   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First call is to get to know you as a person, see if your resume is accurate, judge your interest in the company. My recruiter was AWESOME (Facebook prioritizes this).

The second interview is where the knowledge is tested. I did well up until the last question and I floundered pretty hard. More details in the second question below.

Interview Questions

• Open ended: what do you know about Memory Management in Objective C?   1 Answer
    • Solve a Recursive function   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fairly routine. A standard "Tell us about you" where you can talk about what you've done, followed by a standard technical algorithm question. I was given 45 mins to complete the task.

Interview Questions

• Merge two sorted arrays in place   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in August 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. They then reached out and scheduled a 45 minute phone interview. I was contacted the next day and asked to come back for one of their Facebook University days to do 3-5 onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a series of technical questions (balancing parens, etc)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It is an onsite interview when all group interview are not available and can't be rescheduled since the hiring season is ending. We had serial engineers as interviewer in turn. They didn't had our resume and didn't know anything about us.