Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

3.2

967 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Niet verder gekomen dan een introductiegesprek en gesprek over mijn cv. Erg onduidelijke sollicitatieprocedure met helaas geen feedback waarom ik niet door was naar de programmeerronde. Het maken van een afspraak was wel erg gemakkelijk. De recruiter was aardig en klonk wel geïnteresseerd. Soms was de telefoonverbinding niet best waardoor niet alles de eerste keer goed te verstaan was.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do in the future?   Answer Question
  • What were previous projects you worked on as a freelance software developer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

1) quick interview with the recruiter by phone. ~10-15 quick technical questions
    2) programming interview: ~1 hour by phone, easy interview about reading a csv file and parsing it.
    3) system administration interview: ~1 hour by phone, harder interview, at least for me, about Linux systems, memory leak, virtual memory, how to debug a distributed software, etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter and then a phone technical interview two weeks later. The technical interview was of medium difficulty and the interviewer was nice. I quickly got the second most optimized answer but my interviewer wanted the most optimized answer which took a longer for me to come up with.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

4 hour onsite interview after doing two, 45 minute phone interviews. None of the questions were incredibly hard, and were able to be solved within 30-45 minutes if you are well brushed up on your data structures and common algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Unable to disclose due to signing NDA   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

One campus interview then a onsite. The onsite had 3 interviews 30 mins each, all technical. There were no behavioral questions and the interviewers were pleasant. The process was through my university.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Syracuse, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It's from my career fair on campus. The HR asked about my android project then give me a question related to how to select a user's potential known friend from the users friend's friend list. Finally I asked three questions about my position. The coding question should be two or three usually. I think I failed because I didn't explain what I was thinking during the coding process

Interview Questions

• A coding question about how to select a user's potential friend.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Rigirous, and time consuming. I have to do three IQ tests and one panel discussion. There are a lot of code reviews and exercises. One of the IQ tests is more mathematical, one is more technical on coding and the other is more aobut philosophy

Interview Questions

• How do you test if water is toxic without tasting it   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through referral. Took a week to schedule the phone screen. The interviewer asked about my projects for first 5-6 minutes. Then, I was given two problems to solve in 40 minutes. I didn't do very well to solve them. Got notification of rejection after 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Print all permutations of a given string.   3 Answers
    • Given a 2D array of characters ('-' , 'X' , 'R' , 'T'), find out whether there is a path from the robot 'R' to the target 'T'. The robot can move up, down, left or right. Cells marked with 'X' are blocked and cannot be passed through.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted my a recruiter on Linkedin in March. The recruiter stopped responding and after I received another offerin May, the recruiter was interested again.
    The reason contact discontinued was because they were looking for senior level engineers. (Not a good reason for such a large company).
    Phone interview was set for 2 weeks after initial contact in May. Feedback after the interview was to have another phone screen because I was given too many hints, I got maybe 2 hints that were not helpful and misleading.

I decided to go with my other offer and did not bother to continue with the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. I asked recruiter some questions about internship and was offered to interview with the company one day later applying via their site. The first interview was with the developer in the USA, the second one with the developer from London. Everybody was pleasant and nice.