Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

1,390 Interview Reviews

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

very friendly hiring and interview. The recruiter settled for a telephone interview. I said my English was not good and they allowed me to change it into a face to face interview at the campus.and then I passed the telephone interview but failed the onsite.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair. He was really helpful and scheduled me for an interview within the same week. I had a phone interview with one of the software engineers and was asked to code three technical problems. The first one was a list of anagrams and the other two were related to levelorder traversal of binary trees.

Interview Questions

• From a list of words create a list of buckets with anagrams in the same bucket   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I contacted with FB on a campus recruiting event and then was initially given an on campus interview. After that, I was asked to have an onsite interview with them in one of the three locations: New York city, Seattle or Menlo Park. I chose to visit the Seattle office. The process for onsite interview is inviting and I had a good time on that day. It was a university day, on which that FB invites all the university students to interview with them on the same day. The interview was one day long, starting with breakfast and then followed by three rounds of technical interview. Then entire afternoon was just visiting the office.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are very typical coding questions. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A friend referred me and then I got contacted by a recruiter sometime during September. Arranged for a phone interview two weeks later, and two hours after my phone interview, I was told that I could go onsite.

During onsite there are 4 rounds of interviews. 3 are completely coding, the other is half behavior and half coding. Most questions are not hard and can be found on Glassdoor or other sort of programming interview preparing materials. Definitely easier than Google interview questions.

I thought I did pretty well during the onsite (better than phone). Answered all but one question they asked me, and I did not think there was a lot of bugs. No idea why I did not get in, but since I am really not even half of a world-class developer, at this stage I understand luck is more involved than skills.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Met at career fair and talked with a recruiter. Received an email to do an onsite interview. Within a couple days of the interview I was asked to attend a Campus day (on site) and was given a couple of possible dates. FB arranged flights and hotels (really really nice hotels) for the visit. Offers were extended within a week of the interview

Interview Questions

• Find lowest common ancestors of a tree given nodes.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted from a recruiter through Linkedin. I reply with my updated resume and the times for a phone call. The recruiter call me back the same week and ask about general background and some JavaScript questions, maybe because I commented about wanted to work in UI. The call took about 30 min. Two days later I received an email with a code challenge. After I delivered the challenge, two days later I got an email about not moving forward in my interview process.
    In general the recruiter was super helpful with all the questions that I had.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. Phone interview set up one week after contact.
    Interviewer contacts you on day of interview and send you a link for an online document editor.
    Interview lasted 45 mins.
    The interviewer started off by asking me what my most interesting project is that I have worked on. This took less than 5 mins.
    Then the interviewer gives you the rest of the time to solve a programming problem.
    The last 5 mins or the remaining time you can ask the interviewer questions.

The question was fair. Not a brain teaser. Interviewer was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Given a matrix, calculate the sum of a sub matrix given the start and end indices of the submatrix   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First I got a phone interview, where I was asked a few background questions like previous experience. After this, I received an email for an on-site interview. After a brief tour of the campus in Palo Alto, I was brought to a room where a Senior Software Engineer interviewed me. I was asked a number of simple questions, and then one complex coding question.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a linked list?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from a recruiter. Easy,efficient and painless process. The recruiters are really quick and will let you know the smallest of details regarding the interview.

Had a technical phone screen with an engineer from a similar team. Had to code on collabedit. Was initially asked some OOP concepts,Data structure questions.

The coding question was easy and i solved it correctly albeit a few corrections here and there. The code ran in O(n) with no space so i thought i did good. Question was find if one string is one edit distance away from the other string. This is the same as minimum edit distance question but with a twist. In this case you just want to know if its one edit away or not. The interviewer asked me if there was anything i could improve in the code, at that moment i did not think there could be any improvement other than some validation checks/readability of code. After the call i realized there was a small 5 line solution to this involving recursion but alas.

Interview Questions

• Find if one string is "oneEditAway" from another string   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Facebook had come on campus.The first round was simple coding questions .The second round was a telephonic screening for 45 mins. The interviewer explained his job role and gave 5 mins in the end to ask questions

Interview Questions

• 1--a
      2--b
      ...
      26--z
      given a digit , return the count of the possible output
      eg. '1313' --- 4