Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

An employee at Facebook referred me for this role, and the time for the whole process is based on your availability dates. I had two rounds of telephonic interviews spread over two weeks in Feb. Two days after the 2nd round I got a mail that we are offering you an internship this summer.
The interviews are not very difficult if you have good basics of data structures and have done CTCI.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a recent project and then a medium level Data Structure question.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty typical. Submitted application, and recruiter reached out few weeks later. Interviewed with a software engineer, there was 1 coding question which was pretty easy but I didn't answer them too well

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

I enjoyed the overall process. I had one technical phone screen, which lasted about 45 minutes. I was asked to code up the solution to what seemed liked a relatively simple problem in Codepad. The interviewer was kind and helpful. I was then invited to a full-day onsite interview at Facebook's Seattle office, which was great. There, I only had one 45-minute interview. It was a DP problem that I should have been able to solve, but I was nervous and messed it up. The interviewer was nice and helpful when I was struggling, and offered suggestions.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures and algorithms questions. Know how to solve DP problems - this is very important.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

I took the phone interview on February, 2017. Firstly introducing myself and the interviewer didn't ask anything about my resume and projects. After I solved one problem, then asked me to solve it using a specific method. Finally ask him questions.

Interview Questions

• subset problem, divide integer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Best interview process for a large tech company in SF Bay Area. Everyone is super friendly and helpufl. Went very quickly. Interviewers want you to succeed and it is on you to perform. Recruiting staff is very friendly. Night and day vs Google's terrible interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 Technical phone interviews of 45 mins each.
    Both the interviews consisted of 2 questions each.
    The interviewers were nice and helpful and helped me to go in the right direction.Just remember one thing to think out loud and explain your approach by taking examples, this makes them understand your approach a little quicker.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA, but the questions were of average difficulty.
      If you do cracking the coding interviews and do some practice on leetcode you will find these questions pretty straightforward.
      Also look out for question asked in the interviews of facebook (the ones asked for internships as well as for full-time), it will help a lot.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

In-person, on site interview. 45 minutes. Purely technical/coding. One person (current engineer at FB) interviewed me, and I think it was fairly similar to other software engineering interviews, but purely technical. Did not go over anything except one coding problem on regular expressions.

Interview Questions

• Write code to match a regular expression to a string.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

A brief discussion with the team member about the target program. Then there is a online coding problem on sorted array about medium difficulty and a following problem about it.

Interview Questions

• Not to expose the interview question according to assignment. Review algorithm and data structure if you don't know what to do.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had two interviews. Both over the phone where I coded on a coder pad document. During my first interview I was asked a LeetCode medium question. The interviewer was nice. During my second interview I was asked to implement a certain Facebook feature. My second interviewer was extremely friendly. Also my recruiter was awesome. I haven't accepted the offer, but it's definitely being highly considered based off of the way I was treated.

Interview Questions

• Know common data structures and algorithms. LeetCode is extremely helpful. Also have an answer to Why Facebook? and variations of that question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

There are5 minutes resume problems(based on your projects list in your resume and what kind of tech you use in this project) and self introduction and 40 minutes coding with a shared editor, finally there are 5 minutes for you to ask problems .