Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,070 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,070 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2017.

Interview

Was called about 3 minutes late. Interviewer was nearly unintelligible, and I knew regardless of the outcome that this was going to be a less than ideal interview setting. I'd like to add my own input here after researching the question: the solution I found was working and optimal, though it took me roughly 20 minutes to solve the problem since 5-6 were spent trying to understand what type of English was being spoken through the phone. The question was fair but difficult, and I missed a few boundary cases to be sure. In retrospect and for all those who may think of applying: bring your perfectionist game because mistakes and misinterpretations will not be tolerated no matter who's fault it is. In this sense, I don't believe this company was a right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Reach land with the fewest steps in a 2D land and water array.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very brief; took 2 weeks. Contacted by recruiter at our school's career fair about a week afterwards. Interviewed a few days later, heard back in 2 days, then interviewed on-site the next Friday and got the offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Return next smallest int in a list of list of integers implemented by an iterator   1 Answer
    • Signed an NDA   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2017.

Interview

I got 1 phone technical interview, failed and was not able to move forward. The phone interview is to write code on a shared platform. Although I wrote all the codes, it was not bug free and I debugged for a while. It may probably be the reason why I didn't get into the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter over Linkedin.
    Passed between 3 different recruiters.
    Did phone screen.
    Did 5 hours of onsite interviews.
    Got no feedback from recruiter.
    Emailed recruiter twice over several days before receiving reply.
    Recruiter replies that they want to do another 45 min interview.
    Set up time for a call with recruiter to schedule & discuss process.
    At this point I've never met recruiter because I was greeter for onsite by yet a different recruiter.
    Recruiter did not call at designated time or follow up over email.
    Had to email recruiter.
    I gave up.
    Already wasn't willing to do another interview.
    How can your process be so broken that you can't decide yes or no after 6 hours of interviews?
    If you need another interview its a no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Referred by an employee in Facebook, then I got an email from Facebook to set up an interview over phone. The email was received after around two weeks waiting, and the phone interview was 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• The interview question is the "decoding ways" in Leetcode. That is suppose we have a decoding role: 1-A, 2-B,....26-z; then return how many decoded sequences we can obtain for a given string of digits.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2017.

Interview

When to university recruiting event, was contacted a couple weeks later to schedule a phone call technical interview. Interviewer was nice, talked a little bit about himself and working at Facebook, then asked me to talk about myself then we went straight to the technical part of the interview which consisted of a easy-medium leetcode problem.

Interview Questions

• given two integers in string binary form, add them together   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at job fair on campus, and was later invited to an on-campus coding interview. Invited to onsite which consisted of another fairly quick coding interview and day-long tour of Facebook campus.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to determine if a sentence (ignoring punctuation/whitespace) is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

After the phone interview, I went onsite in Facebook Seattle. I had 4 interviews. One design, 2 coding, and 1 career/coding. I was not able to code properly in one interview even though I got an efficient solution in one go. So, I believe my chances of getting an offer is zero. Facebook is a pretty cool company to interview for. Thre recruiting team is excellent. I would definitely apply again in 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode level hard/medium
      If prepared really well, could be solved in 20-30 min.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Just asked two basic questions on data structures. It was on the whiteboard and you can use any language to code in. Mostly you have to communicate with them to try to explain how you are doing it and also if you are stuck in the middle they try to help you out.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Worst experience with the fb recruiting team! Was really excited about the opportunity but would never ever recommend anyone.
    My friend referred me to facebook, got an email to schedule a prescreening call. I scheduled it as per the instructions. Recruiter never replied and never called at the scheduled time. I asked my friend to check what's going on! He found out that the recruiter is ill and in hospital, which is understandable (Hope she gets better soon). He mailed her manager about the situation, next day, I got a reject directly without any prescreening call or anything!
    Things they should learn from Google! Even though they have 5-6 times the number of employees and maybe much more applications, their recruiting process is much smoother!

Interview Questions

• Why is facebook recruiting so bad?   1 Answer

See What Facebook Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Production Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

Pros: “Comp, benefits, and perks are incredible. Company culture is so, so good. I've had two great managers who both have done an excellent job supporting my growth and guiding my career...”“Comp, benefits, and perks are incredible. Company culture is so, so good. I've had two great managers who both have done an excellent job supporting my growth and guiding my career. It also feels like senior and C-level management really cares about employees. It feels like Facebook the company really tries to support me as a whole person (but be sure to ask for what you need! nobody's a mind reader). For eng, bootcamp and team selection are such a good idea. I freaking love my team, and I get to own my decision to join that team (rather than some hiring/allocation manager deciding where I get to go). Very few operational rules/bureaucracy. I can ssh into any machine I need to. If someone's fighting a fire anywhere in the company and I am able to help, I feel like I can always jump in to help. I really like Infra, so being at a big company like FB is super fun.” – Full Review