Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Got in through a referral. Fairly standard interview questions, mostly leetcode and CTCI will suffice as practice. Interview bit is also helpful. It was my first interview so I had a hard time trying to talk as well as code at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Facebook   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was on skype call, first round with recruiter, second with Software engineer from California office, it lasted for fourty five minutes, first he introduced himself and then I did the same, told about my masters programme. then the interview happened through shared text editor link.

Interview Questions

• Generate square of array elements   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Santa Cruz, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, I was very confused as to what the interviewer was saying. I was called sharply on time, and was introduced by the guy who leads the mobile apps. His question to me was very confusing and I did not know exactly what he was asking me for, but as he explained through examples I got a good gist of what he was asking. This however, took a lot of time, and I lost a lot of time to do my test.

Interview Questions

• Clone a linked list with next and random pointer   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. HR interview - HR calls you and ask you questions about you and tell you about the process
    2. Phone screen - On a specific time you connect to a remote code panel, and code for around 35 min
    3. 4 interviews on-site - you have 3-4 Tech interviews and one Software Design (as a graduate you don't have this part)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

This was my first phone interview. The interviewer started with introducing himself and in a minute we started our technical interview. Only one question was asked. After listening to my various approaches, he kept on adding more and more constraints.

Interview Questions

• If your are given an Integer Singly linked list. Print it backwards.
      Constraints: 1. Do not manipulate the list. (example: do not make it a doubly linked list, do not add or delete elements, do not change any memory location of any element)
      2. O(n) < time < O(n^2)
      3. O(1) < space < O(n)
      16 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back a few months later for a phone screening. I was asked the Wildcard problem. Be sure to clarify the question. I had trouble understanding my interviewer and the didn't fully understand the question until I only had ten minutes left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Skype Interview. A software engineer in ads team interview me. We introduce our background to each other at first. Then he asked me two algorithm problems. Not very hard. But I am nervous and may fail it

Interview Questions

• Two Question for first round.
      First question: move zeros to the head of the array
      Seconde: how to divide two integers without using division
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good. The interviewer was very helpful. He told about himself and what he does there. He explained the question in detail and gave ample amount of time to think and solve the problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

It's took one week , I got a call from consultancy they said there is a opening in facebook (contract) and payslips by name of that consultancy. This role is for python developer most likely to work on Python, SQL, Binary search trees.

Interview Questions

• Python Qs: 1. Write Program to get the most frequency occurring in file? 2. Given a list and a number find two numbers in the list that sums up to the number given? 3. Write Program to print a tree in level order traversal? 4. Write a function that accept the file, count and return the exact occurrence of a word based on count? 5. List a=[ 1,2,3 none, none] list b=[4,5,3] Output=[1,4,2,5,3,3] ? Sql Qs: Given Employee & Department tables 1. Display ename,dname even if there no employees working in a particular department. 2. List out the lowest paid employees working under each manager, exclude any groups where minsal is less than 1000, sort the output by salary 3. Display the name of employee who earn Highest Salary 4. Display the employee Number and name for employee working as clerk and earning highest salary among the clerks. 5. Display the job groups having Total Salary greater than the maximum salary for Managers. 6. Display the names of employees from department number 10 with salary greater than that of ANY employee working in other departments. 7. Display those employees whose salary is greater than his managers salary. 8. Display the grade and employees name for the deptno 10 or 30 but grade is not 4 while joined the company before 31-DEC-82. 9. Display the Second maximum salary from the table using subquery. 10. Display those employees whose salary is less than his manager but more than salary of other managers. Excel Qs: Given Employee & Department tables 1. Count number of employees whose salary is greater than 20000 2. Get chemistry dept employees total salary 3. what are the use of charts - Pie chart, Bar chart, Line chart, Pivot table, Con(bar & live). 4. Given 2 tables. Fill sales column using HLookup.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

At first, I submit my resume to hr, then I have a interview in 13.Dec. This is a phone interview. We talked about my resume and interest at first, than I did some code problems.