Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,036 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,036 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are two phone rounds of interview. A link is provided to an editor where u can share code to the interviewer.
1) It all depends on the difficulty level of the question . 1 or 2 questions will be asked in 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Move zeros , Arrays, first bad verison   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Horrible experience. Out of all the interviews I had in my life, this is by far the worst experience ever because the interviewer is SO DISREPECTFUL. 1) First, the interviewer speaks terrible English and he gets frustrated when I ask for clarifications. He did not clarify the question even when I explicitly asked him for constraints, which turned his original problem into one that is a lot harder. 2) I solved the first question easily, and then he asked me a hard level LC question without clarifying it. He stays silent almost throughout the entire interview and gets extremely impatient when I ask questions. I always try to learn something from my interview, and what I learned from this experience is that crazy people also interview candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Their recruiter reached out and I agreed to interview. Went on campus for the first stage, was 1 simple question. After that they asked to come for the loop of 5 interviews: 3 coding, 1 design, 1 cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Given two sorted arrays, find intersection.   Answer Question
    • Given binary tree, flatten it to a linked list (move all the references to node.right)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was set up with a phone interview the following week. They asked me a binary tree question and I honestly didn't know how to go about the question at that time. One thing to note is that Facebook moves really fast.

Interview Questions

• Given postorder and inorder traversals, construct a binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fairly routine. A standard "Tell us about you" where you can talk about what you've done, followed by a standard technical algorithm question. I was given 45 mins to complete the task.

Interview Questions

• Merge two sorted arrays in place   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in August 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. They then reached out and scheduled a 45 minute phone interview. I was contacted the next day and asked to come back for one of their Facebook University days to do 3-5 onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a series of technical questions (balancing parens, etc)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in July 2017.

Interview

I had a VC call then onsite day in London focusing on core cs skills, problem solving and system design. Nice chat with a manager too. Read Cracking the coding interview before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview questions were not very hard. they can be found on Leetcode etc.
    However, you will have to be extremely careful in how you code them. You must be able to code without any mistakes almost in a mechanical fashion.

Interview Questions

• design: design Instagram   1 Answer
    • behavioural: what kind of teammates you don't like   Answer Question
    • behavioural: tell me about the most interesting project.   Answer Question
    • coding: given a dictionary and 2 words. find the shortest path between 2 words by modifying only one character at a time and using only words in the dictionary.   1 Answer
    • coding: print the given binary tree in column order   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Normal standard process. The interview process was similar to other ones in the Silicon Valley. Phone Screen. On-campus interview and then a final interview round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical process. Two phone interviews, one onsite interview. Finally rejected after onsite interview. Facebook recruiters seem to act very respectful until they want a candidate. Once they do not need a candidate anymore, recruiters are not responsive. Travelled all the way to PaloAlto for onsite interview. I felt like I did well .But five days after the interview, I myself had to follow up with recruiter for decision. Then recruiter emailed me saying that she has an update and she asked me free time for taking a phone call the next day. I was eagerly waiting and there was no call from her. I had to remind her the next day to call me. Then the recruiter called and said its a reject. I asked for feedback and she says there is no feedback and its just overall evaluation. Actually, I was told by the recruiter that facebook would give feedback on interviews but it was completely opposite after the onsite interview.