Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contact me a week later after the employee referral. The process is face and the interviewer is nice. There is only one question for this first phone interview. Such a pity I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 Technical phone interviews of 45 mins each.
    Both the interviews consisted of 2 questions each.
    The interviewers were nice and helpful and helped me to go in the right direction.Just remember one thing to think out loud and explain your approach by taking examples, this makes them understand your approach a little quicker.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA, but the questions were of average difficulty.
      If you do cracking the coding interviews and do some practice on leetcode you will find these questions pretty straightforward.
      Also look out for question asked in the interviews of facebook (the ones asked for internships as well as for full-time), it will help a lot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Best interview process for a large tech company in SF Bay Area. Everyone is super friendly and helpufl. Went very quickly. Interviewers want you to succeed and it is on you to perform. Recruiting staff is very friendly. Night and day vs Google's terrible interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and offered a phone screen.
    The task was simple, I completed it, but didn't pass the screen. The feedback was --
    "Allocated an extra flag that wasn't needed". The flag was, actually, used, and needed.

So, they made up a reason to fail me. That is called prejudice.

Interview Questions

• Parse a string containing numbers and "+", "-" and parentheses. Evaluate the expression.
      -2+(3-5) should return -4.
      4 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process for interns is two technical phone interviews. The interviewer calls and gives you a coding question and you have to explain your solution as you type it into Coderpad. The interviewer can see everything as you type it. Be ready to think, explain, and type correct syntax on the fly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Facebook?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2017.

Interview

I have applied through the Facepage Career page. After 3 weeks, one of the Facebook recruiter contacted me through the email and request me for some times for the online technical interview.

During the interview, I.didn't have any icebreaker or discussion. I just moved to the technical questions. Interviewer asked me only one technical question. He was very nice to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Simple question with string and searching based on binary search technique.
      should consider the time complexity.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2017.

Interview

Two back to back 45 coding interviews. I was contacted by recruiter, and interview was setup for five days later. Practice doing mock interviews for behavioral portion, and know all your coding problems!

Interview Questions

• Implement iterator that increments over K sorted arrays in increasing order.   Answer Question
    • Number pad combinations problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview: A programming problem online while on the phone with an engineer. I had a HUGE unfair disadvantage because the engineer was very uncertain about the problem I was given. About halfway through, I had completed what I thought was the problem only for him to tell me I misunderstood the problem. After redoing it to meet his guidelines with the remaining time, he then informed me that "due to a communication error, my original solution was the right way". But after about 5 minutes of trying to revert the code, he said he was sorry that we're out of time and maybe next time I'd have better luck. Utterly ridiculous - I wanted to complain to the recruiter but I didn't because it makes it seem like I'm just bitter about "not passing" the interview and will be reapplying next winter.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Resume round. If cleared you'll be contacted to setup a phone interview. After the first, technical, interview if you pass on you'll have one more phone interview. After this last interview I was offered the position within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• First interview:
      Why do you want to work at Facebook?
      Leetcode hard given while working on codepad with no compile ability.
      Questions for the recruiter?

Second Interview:
      Hardest bug to solve?
      Leetcode easy on codepad again.
      Leetcode hard on codepad.
      Questions for the recruiter?

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

I took the phone interview on February, 2017. Firstly introducing myself and the interviewer didn't ask anything about my resume and projects. After I solved one problem, then asked me to solve it using a specific method. Finally ask him questions.

Interview Questions

• subset problem, divide integer   1 Answer