Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,089 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,089 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Got contacted by recruiter 3 days later. Scheduled a call with recruiter and then proceeded to phone interview. After passing it went to onsite to London. After onsite interview there was another one phone interview because hiring committee wasn't able to make a decision. The entire process from referral to offer took 6 weeks. Cannot disclose actual questions from interviews because of NDA, but can say that you can find most of them on LeetCode (Easy and Medium). Overall I feel that Facebook interviews are much easier than Google interviews (I had Google interviews 6 months earlier but got rejected)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

After the phone interview, I went onsite in Facebook Seattle. I had 4 interviews. One design, 2 coding, and 1 career/coding. I was not able to code properly in one interview even though I got an efficient solution in one go. So, I believe my chances of getting an offer is zero. Facebook is a pretty cool company to interview for. Thre recruiting team is excellent. I would definitely apply again in 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode level hard/medium
      If prepared really well, could be solved in 20-30 min.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and one on-site interview in head quarter. There were 4 sessions in the on-site interview, 3 of them were about coding question, and one was more about my projects and experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at job fair on campus, and was later invited to an on-campus coding interview. Invited to onsite which consisted of another fairly quick coding interview and day-long tour of Facebook campus.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to determine if a sentence (ignoring punctuation/whitespace) is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

Got to second phone interview, questions were fairly easy. Interviewers were very friendly. Compared to other interviews, they gave me good consideration for their position. To do well, practice questions and different ways to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• given k n length sorted arrays, iterate through them in order.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2017.

Interview

When to university recruiting event, was contacted a couple weeks later to schedule a phone call technical interview. Interviewer was nice, talked a little bit about himself and working at Facebook, then asked me to talk about myself then we went straight to the technical part of the interview which consisted of a easy-medium leetcode problem.

Interview Questions

• given two integers in string binary form, add them together   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Phone screening with recruiter
    2. Phone coding interview - one easy + one medium Leetcode coding tasks
    3. Onsite in London - 3 coding, 1 soft skills, 1 design

Overall experience: you need to be really fast, it's not about "we want to see how are you thinking" or other bla-bla, it is about the speed: train to solve tasks as fast as possible and DO NOT underestimate 'easy' tasks ;)
    2 out of 3 interviewers did not talk to me at all during the process, maybe that was supposed to be like this, but I did not like that.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process was actually really good and very enjoyable. The staff there were really friendly including the reception staff. The way the day was set out was really good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

This interview was an on campus interview. Applied through my school and got invited for a first round whiteboard coding interview. I thought I did well but I was unfortunately rejected after the first round. Definitely was a little dissapointed but the whole experience was positive

Interview Questions

• A question on reading files, 4kb each, for a larger fiile   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen coding test, followed by onsite interview day. Onsite was 5 fast-paced (~45 mins) interviews, including 3 coding, 1 design and 1 experiential. They got back to me about two and a half weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you compute the Nth Fibonacci number in logN time?   Answer Question