Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview after referral. I got referred, responded to a few emails, and got interviewed over the phone. Interviewer couldn't speak much English, which is fine, but a problem when having a conversation that would be evaluated

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

At first, I submit my resume to hr, then I have a interview in 13.Dec. This is a phone interview. We talked about my resume and interest at first, than I did some code problems.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had an on campus interview- was 45 minutes. Asked to code a question on whiteboard. Passed, and was flown out to Menlo Park for a full day tour of the site, and had another 45-minute interview on whiteboard, with a project team lead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter via email that I received by a former Facebook employee. She followed up asking some standard questions about my experience and availability with a phone screening that lasted about 15 minutes. I then scheduled a phone interview with an engineer in the Instagram even though I was only applying for positions in Europe. The question was pretty difficult and it was more of a mathematical problem than a computer science questions. I studied a lot of algorithms and data structures exercises. The engineer helped me getting the idea on how to solve the problem but I was running out of time unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• It was a mathematical questions about finding the greatest number (but less than the given number) by reordering the digits in the number.   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had one phone screening, which I did not pass, because I was unable to complete my coding within the given time frame. Overall the interview went clear, I was given hints, we talked about possible solutions, complexities and everything was friendly. That's why my overall impression is positive.
    Later, after the interview, I was able to solve it in a relaxed environment within 30 minutes. Which is still too long for phone screen. Conclusion: you need practice more, more and more..

Interview Questions

• A variation of LCA problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Got in through a referral. Fairly standard interview questions, mostly leetcode and CTCI will suffice as practice. Interview bit is also helpful. It was my first interview so I had a hard time trying to talk as well as code at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Facebook   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2016.

Interview

Failed out first round although that was my fault. Interviewer barely spoke english, and they had an extremely bad connection (it was on the phone). The test was fair however and they gave me plenty of time, I just wasn't good enough. One weird thing was that they asked me to choose any language I wanted to do the interview question; I picked ruby and then the back off and say well, anything but that.

Interview Questions

• store binary tree into a list, restore the the tree based on the list you generated from   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter over the phone and was invited for a screening, which I chose to do onsite at a whiteboard. Recruiter gave a quick tour and then I spent about 45 minutes with a senior engineer doing some whiteboard coding, followed by talking about Facebook. Although I didn't move on to a full onsite, it was a positive experience and I enjoyed meeting with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Variation on a LeetCode hard question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2016.

Interview

First talked about my resume and projects. After that the interviewer ask me two algorithm questions. The first one is two sum. Given a target, find a two number in an array that sums up to the target number. The second question is to get the longest length of string with n distinct characters.

Interview Questions

• Given a target, find a two number in an array that sums up to the target number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There was a phone screen which lasted under 30 minutes followed by a day on the Seattle campus where there was an hour long interview, campus tour, and lunch. When I went there were 5 other people going through the process with me on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Given two words and a dictionary, print the path from one word to the next changing one letter at a time   2 Answers