Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Facebook

1,378 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Interviewer was very friendly and explained her work at Facebook. She asked for my introduction, then proceeded to a coding question.

Advice: Definitely go over glass door questions and be able to do other variations of the problems here.

Interview Questions

• Convert a binary tree to a circularly doubly linked list. head->prev = tail node. tail->next = head node. Do not use any other data structures. Must be done on the tree itself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got contacted through LinkedIn. Did an in person interview which went very u well and was invited to California for a full interview loop. I feel the questions they ask are not particularly hard except for the design question (it was called a Pirate interview). In the future would concentrate on that one

Interview Questions

• Implement regular expression parser   1 Answer
    • Clone a linked list with arbitrary pointers to other nodes   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Roughly 45 min phone interview starting with introducing yourself and your working experience,
    Academic experience etc.
    Then a coding exercise using an online document sharing with a C language algorithmic question.
    i.e Without using STL or other external libraries.
    The question is a basic String Algorithm question.

Interview Questions

• given a string ( char* ) Write a program to Rotate its words
      i.e:
      void RotateWords(char* str);   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on facebook site, and was contacted not so long after, told to schedule a date for an interview. I was called exactly the time given, interviewer went straight to the point. He gave a very brief introduction about himself and we went straight to coding. He asked me just one question but I couldn't give the right answer as I did not go over some basic data structures.
    I would advice that if you have an interview for any SWE, you should go over everything!

Interview Questions

• Given a string with parenthesis like "()()(()(()()", check to see if there are matching pairs. If there are matching pairs, return true, else return false.
      For example, ()()() returns true, ()()()) returns false.   5 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2015.

Interview

There are two phone screens followed by a day of on-site interviews which consist of technical interviews similar to the phone screens but also one on culture and another on system architecture.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, push all non-zero elements to the front.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 coding question , on 1st question they asked time and space complexity. second question divide number by a noter without using "/" and "%".
    The interviewer was good and provide hints when i am stuck . it was a good experience.the interview lasted for 50 minutes. i advise to practice lots of code on editor like coderpad.io / styli.com. This will help a lot in long run.

I am waiting for there response!!!

Interview Questions

• Q1> reverse a inked list and print the reversed list . Ex: 1->2->3 , result:3->2->1
      Q2> divider a number by another number and print result and remainder if any. you are not supposed to use "/" and "%" operation   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had one interview on campus and then after 1 week I had onsite call.
    I went to headquater Menlo Park for onsite. At oniste I had 5 interviews 1:1.
    Interviewer were very friendly.
    Just an advice always try to go to headquater for any company onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• It was simple and basic stuff from computer science.
      Just try to solve leetcode problems and geeksforgeeks are sufficient.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter regarding a software engineer position. I said I was interested in knowing about this position. We set up some time to talk about it on the phone. She then explained me the role and the interview process. I scheduled the phone screen to begin the process. My interview went good in general however I was not selected for further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Find a cube root of a number   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online; heard back within a few weeks. Set up a phone interview with an engineer which involved collaborative coding questions. I didn't do very well, and got a denial email a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Write a function that can tell if a string is a palindrome regardless of punctuation or capitalization?   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call, code test phone interview. Asked one coding question, like all the interview questions that you can find online, it was judged by if you can recite those solutions as quick as possible, not thought process. Interviewer was not experienced.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to out put n numbers in a fibonacci sequence   Answer Question