Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,030 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,030 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Rigirous, and time consuming. I have to do three IQ tests and one panel discussion. There are a lot of code reviews and exercises. One of the IQ tests is more mathematical, one is more technical on coding and the other is more aobut philosophy

Interview Questions

• How do you test if water is toxic without tasting it   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through referral. Took a week to schedule the phone screen. The interviewer asked about my projects for first 5-6 minutes. Then, I was given two problems to solve in 40 minutes. I didn't do very well to solve them. Got notification of rejection after 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Print all permutations of a given string.   3 Answers
    • Given a 2D array of characters ('-' , 'X' , 'R' , 'T'), find out whether there is a path from the robot 'R' to the target 'T'. The robot can move up, down, left or right. Cells marked with 'X' are blocked and cannot be passed through.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

One initial HR phone interview, and one round of phone screen. Then onsite, four rounds of algorithm questions and one round of system design question. The questions were not that hard, but speed and bug free, which makes it not that easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Phone screen, initial coding test (remote or onsite), full day gauntlet (onsite). Went well at the beginning, with friendly and engaged interviewers, until the last interviewer of my onsite day was unavailable and got replaced by someone who obviously didn't care. Otherwise, surprisingly not as culty as expected.

Interview Questions

• Write a C function to merge two sorted linked lists   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Tel Aviv (Israel)) in April 2017.

Interview

applied through employee referral, then a phone call with an adorable recruiter, then the screening interview onsite, then a full day 5 interviews, 3 coding, 1 system design, 1 personal +small coding question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2017.

Interview

Inside referral but got denied for multiple times without interview. Some months later, they just somehow remembered me and pop up and send me email appointing for a Skype interview. I am surprised they are trying to contact me with information on a years-old resume because I am sure I reapplied with the updated CV just some months ago. Interview is just programming online. Difficult as I expected. Few company come up with a DP problem at first interview. The engineer interviewing me kept asking me to change my algorithm. Managed to finish core algorithm, with potential bugs, and got denied (again) exactly 24 hours later.

Interview Questions

• A dynamic programming problem. Core algorithm is not very difficult but the input are extremely annoying, which are designed to cause problems in my opinion.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Contacted by technical recruiter, she talked nice, got all the information from me and passed on the information to another recruiter, she contacted and scheduled the interview after two weeks.
    Got the call from the technical team member on the said date, after the formal introduction we got into the coding interview. Interview wasn't tough if you prepare well (know DS and Algorithms and tons of coding practice).

Right from the recruiter upto the technical staff they are very cool and I really like they way how they keep things professionally and how they handled the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Cannot tell you the question cos of NDA.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Phone screening with human resources, as a first assessment. Then first stage of phone coding interview using codepad focused on algorithmic question.The inteview lasts 45 minutes and you are presented with a problem immediately that you need to solve as fast as you can.

Interview Questions

• Given the alphabet encoded as numbers (e.g., a=1, b=2, ..., z=26), and a sequence of numbers (e.g., "23413259802"), how many strings can be generated.   16 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen, some easy tree type questions and array questions. Next got the on site, it consisted of 4 different interviews. One was a behavioral while the other 3 were algorithms. Quite tough

Interview Questions

• Medium level leetcode I would say   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I first got a phone interview with an engineer and it lasted about 40 minutes, it was a coding exercise. After that I got into onsite interviews in the Menlo Park campus. In total there were three interviews, the first two were technical interviews in which I had to solve an algorithmic problem in a whiteboard. The last one was to see if I was a good cultural fit for the company and also included a coding exercise.