Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

1. phone interview from HR
2. onsite:
  ask about the education background and related coursework
  ask about the projects mentioned in the resume
  give a question about binary tree and test the coding ability
  first ask to describe your method and logistics
  then write code on the white board

Interview Questions

• Binary tree serialization and deserialization   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter over the phone and was invited for a screening, which I chose to do onsite at a whiteboard. Recruiter gave a quick tour and then I spent about 45 minutes with a senior engineer doing some whiteboard coding, followed by talking about Facebook. Although I didn't move on to a full onsite, it was a positive experience and I enjoyed meeting with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Variation on a LeetCode hard question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter via email that I received by a former Facebook employee. She followed up asking some standard questions about my experience and availability with a phone screening that lasted about 15 minutes. I then scheduled a phone interview with an engineer in the Instagram even though I was only applying for positions in Europe. The question was pretty difficult and it was more of a mathematical problem than a computer science questions. I studied a lot of algorithms and data structures exercises. The engineer helped me getting the idea on how to solve the problem but I was running out of time unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• It was a mathematical questions about finding the greatest number (but less than the given number) by reordering the digits in the number.   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter. Arranged 1 phone interview with an engineer. There are 2 technical phone interviews around 45 minutes for the intern position.

Interview Questions

• Short resume questions. Data structure questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is well-organized and conveyed professionally. Be ready to be surprised by questions. Do your homework. For software engineers, try to dig a bit into how they do stuff at Facebook. There will be very specific questions they gonna ask.

Interview Questions

• They asked a couple of questions at first. One general coding question and another one specific to Facebook.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2016.

Interview

Failed out first round although that was my fault. Interviewer barely spoke english, and they had an extremely bad connection (it was on the phone). The test was fair however and they gave me plenty of time, I just wasn't good enough. One weird thing was that they asked me to choose any language I wanted to do the interview question; I picked ruby and then the back off and say well, anything but that.

Interview Questions

• store binary tree into a list, restore the the tree based on the list you generated from   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2016.

Interview

Had one 45 minute phone interview with an engineer. The interviewer was very disinterested, wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and was loudly typing the entire time. It left a bad taste in my mouth. Now that I have had other interviews at big tech companies I see that this experience was an anomaly because other interviewers were engaged, pointing out bugs and asking questions, whereas my interviewer silently sat there the whole time. I'm extremely disappointed in the way I was treated

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming problem from Leetcode   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

After I applied for Software Engineer Internship, there were two phone interview. Both were coding interview, but the second round is more difficult. The interviewers were professional and they also told me about their work. It is a good way to imagine the interview was solving some problems with the interviewers, that could help you perform better.

Interview Questions

• Most coding problems are about algorithm   2 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

The intern process wasn't too bad. It was two technical phone interviews (the second only if you do well on the first). The recruiters and interviewers were very nice throughout the process and help you along the way, and are also very accommodating to other offers/deadlines. The second interview was significantly harder than the first interview, so just be ready for that.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

Process was fairly uneventful. Applied online, met with recruiter, then I got an email back about two months later.

Interview was decent. Interviewer seemed robotic and that I was just another number to them. He did not answer my specific questions, but rather answered with canned responses.

For a company that is supposed to be so highly desired, I didn't feel like they cared about me as an interviewee, which directly translates to how they would have treated me as an intern. Really disappointed in this company.

Interview Questions

• Given a random int n, print the first n lines of the sequence.   Answer Question