Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,002 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,002 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer () Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a software engineer. It was not as intimidating as I thought it would be. He was quite friendly and willing to answer questions to help you solve the problem.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to detect conflicts in meeting schedules   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

First I had a brief introduction on my background with HR which was all done through several emails. Next, I did a technical phone interview where I solved a problem. My interviewer did not seem very interested when I was working on the problem; he sounded really bored and impatient. I already had the feeling I wasn't going to make it to the next round just based on his behavior and rushing to end the interview with me. A couple of days later I got an email from HR stating that I wasn't moving forward. I thanked HR and asked for some feedback regarding areas on improvement, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Background info (about myself, my interests).
      Solve a basic generic problem with strings.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

It was a simple, straight to the point, a 15 minute part "about you" section, 30 minutes coding question on coderpad, and about 5-10 minute questions at the end to ask the interviewer. They mainly wanted to see that you can program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Write code to check if a BST is valid or not.   3 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process for interns is two technical phone interviews. The interviewer calls and gives you a coding question and you have to explain your solution as you type it into Coderpad. The interviewer can see everything as you type it. Be ready to think, explain, and type correct syntax on the fly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Facebook?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with an HR employee was not great. The employee spent more time talking at me than asking me questions or having a conversation. I asked about Diversity efforts currently going on and was never given any information after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages are you comfortable with   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Not writing because I didn't get any offer but they should consider these facts.

Facebook you better fix Coderpad before you interview candidates.

The first interview was pretty awesome, the interviewer was really great, helpful and responding to my questions all the time.

But the second interviewer was horrible even though he is so experienced was horrible. Not responding to my questions, not clear with what he is asking, for my every question he has one answer "Leave it as it is". I wasted almost 7-10 min in finding out why output getting printed twice, finally found out that due to coderpad issue, main function was invoking twice. I completed 3 parts of a program and when 3 min left for an interview to over he asked me again one more question to complete and coderpad on his side got hanged, I tried to explain my approach but still he said his golden words: "Leave it as it is". You should really consider these things before proceeding any candidate interview.

Interview Questions

• can't disclose as I signed NDA   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I gave them my resume at a on campus career fair. They gave me an on campus interview and after that flew me out to their Menlo Park campus for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers find a contiguous subset that sums to a given number   4 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First stage was phone-screening. After that, I was invited to an onsite interview at their headquarters, which was only a 45 minute 1-on-1 technical interview. The rest of the day, they took us on a tour of their campus and explained the internship to us.

Interview Questions

• Given a root note, confirm whether or not the given tree is a BST.   1 Answer
    • Given a schedule (array of start and end times) for meetings, provide an algorithm that finds the minimum number of rooms needed for the day.   1 Answer
    • Given a dictionary, store it in a way where you can implement a search function for a certain word. However, the words may have a character * that stands for any character.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2017.

Interview

Two back to back 45 coding interviews. I was contacted by recruiter, and interview was setup for five days later. Practice doing mock interviews for behavioral portion, and know all your coding problems!

Interview Questions

• Implement iterator that increments over K sorted arrays in increasing order.   Answer Question
    • Number pad combinations problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and offered a phone screen.
    The task was simple, I completed it, but didn't pass the screen. The feedback was --
    "Allocated an extra flag that wasn't needed". The flag was, actually, used, and needed.

So, they made up a reason to fail me. That is called prejudice.

Interview Questions

• Parse a string containing numbers and "+", "-" and parentheses. Evaluate the expression.
      -2+(3-5) should return -4.   4 Answers