Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

3.2

974 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after being referred for a position to set up a phone screen, which went well for a few minutes until I realized that the recruiter was looking at someone else's LinkedIn profile, despite having been sent my resume. Embarrassingly ironic for Facebook to have that problem (of all companies), but it wasn't so humorous to be on the receiving end.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 Technical phone interviews of 45 mins each.
    Both the interviews consisted of 2 questions each.
    The interviewers were nice and helpful and helped me to go in the right direction.Just remember one thing to think out loud and explain your approach by taking examples, this makes them understand your approach a little quicker.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA, but the questions were of average difficulty.
      If you do cracking the coding interviews and do some practice on leetcode you will find these questions pretty straightforward.
      Also look out for question asked in the interviews of facebook (the ones asked for internships as well as for full-time), it will help a lot.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview went pretty well. There was a small discussion on my college projects which lasted only around 5 minutes. Then, I was asked to open the codepad link and asked to write the code on wildcard pattern recognition and dry run it. I wrote it, explained but was not able to handle a corner case. I was expecting second round since the interview was not that bad but was rejected on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was shortlisted after talking to them at the career fair and the recruiter was in touch throughout the process. Was called for a persona interview for 45 minutes. We talked about my past work for three minutes and then moved on to the coding question. Interviewer was helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Technical phone interview followed by flying out to location for an interview onsite. Onsite interview part of a program called University Day, where university students applying for internship also tour facilities and get to meet currently employed engineers.

Interview Questions

• Two technical questions, one easy, one harder.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Decided to do the phone interview onsite, interviewer was friendly and helpful, solved the question fairly easily.

Onsite was 1 behavioral, 3 coding with 2 questions each since I got through all the questions and one system design. Every coding question I had done a variation of so I aced that portion. System design wasn't hard as well, I got stuck on some follow up questions but the core of my design was fully finished at that point. I eventually got rejected due to the design portion apparently.

Interviewing here is a waste of time, you can give an almost perfect interview and still get rejected it looks like. Don't waste your time here.

Interview Questions

• usual data structures and algorithms questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty typical. Submitted application, and recruiter reached out few weeks later. Interviewed with a software engineer, there was 1 coding question which was pretty easy but I didn't answer them too well

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

I enjoyed the overall process. I had one technical phone screen, which lasted about 45 minutes. I was asked to code up the solution to what seemed liked a relatively simple problem in Codepad. The interviewer was kind and helpful. I was then invited to a full-day onsite interview at Facebook's Seattle office, which was great. There, I only had one 45-minute interview. It was a DP problem that I should have been able to solve, but I was nervous and messed it up. The interviewer was nice and helpful when I was struggling, and offered suggestions.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures and algorithms questions. Know how to solve DP problems - this is very important.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2017.

Interview

I took the phone interview on February, 2017. Firstly introducing myself and the interviewer didn't ask anything about my resume and projects. After I solved one problem, then asked me to solve it using a specific method. Finally ask him questions.

Interview Questions

• subset problem, divide integer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Best interview process for a large tech company in SF Bay Area. Everyone is super friendly and helpufl. Went very quickly. Interviewers want you to succeed and it is on you to perform. Recruiting staff is very friendly. Night and day vs Google's terrible interview process.