Facebook Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.2

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in April 2020.

Interview

Standard interview process. Recruiter reached out to me and I had the following rounds: 1 phone screen, 3 onsite rounds and 1 follow up on-site. Facebook has a very high bar and they want all questions to be answered completely in most cases along with time and space complexity.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode medium questions.
    Phone Screen
     3. BST iterator
     1. Some BFS maze based question   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

I was referred by one of my friends who works for FB and got the chance to interview. The technical question in the interview is not hard and I solved it out. The interview lasts for about 45min. The interviewer seems to be very busy so I don't have time to go through the test cases.

Interview Questions

• search in the shifted sorted array   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Received a full-time referral (did not do an internship) and had a phone interview that consisted of 2 questions. Then three onsite interviews on University Day. Overall great experience. For people looking for full-time there without having done an internship, I highly advise you try to get a referral. It goes a long day in just giving you the opportunity to interview.

Interview Questions

• Heaps, Binary Trees, DFS/BFS, and Dynamic Programming. I forget the individual questions, but my biggest advice would be to purchase the Leetcode membership and start doing the Facebook questions about 3-4 weeks before your first interview. A lot of their questions are reused and can be easily solved with practice.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

One phone interview consiting of one medium algorithmic question. After 2 weeks, I got invite to onsite interview in Menlo Park for (3 rounds , which includes 2 technical and 1 behavioural)

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2019.

Interview

I was able to get a referral and had the recruiter contact me via e-mail who arranged a coding phone screen after a month. The interviewer was 15 minutes late and seemed very disinterested in the whole interview. He did not ask me any behaviorial questions and just cut straight to coding.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a question about arrays and a dynamic programming questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I had a referral to the company through an existing employee, and was connected with a recruiter. Had a phone screen as the first step in the process. The phone connection was bad, interviewer said they'd reschedule the interview to do a zoom call instead, got rejected 30 minutes later.

Software Engineer (New Grad) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2019.

Interview

Interviewing with facebook can be a hit or miss. You first get a 45 minute phone screen (1 technical thats usually med-hard difficulty). The onsite is definitely easier, 2 -45 min technical interviews and 1 45 min behavioral. I definitely recommend practicing the medium problems on leetcode, and definitely definitely rehearse what you will say for behavioral, because that matters too.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

it was a phone screen, and was about 45 mins. interviewer was late and there was only one question there. hard problem. I don't know why I answered the question and didn't get chance to continue interview process.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

I applied online, after a moth I got the reply and arranged a phone call interview. Initially asked about why do I want to join Facebook. After that two coding questions. First question is identify invalid parenthesis and second question is giving valid input for invalid parenthesis. I couldn't finish the second question and got a reject

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Really well done, recruiters communication was quick, submitted resume at college Puzzle Hunt event. Contacted by recruiter two days later setting up a phone interview. Invited onsite for University Day, which was 3 interviews plus a campus tour.

Interview Questions

• BST, String, and recursion questions   1 Answer