Facebook Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.1

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in August 2013.

Interview

I contacted my school recruiter and had a phone screening with her after a week. Then I was scheduled for a technical phone interview for the following week. The interview was easy involving basic data structures, but my interviewer seemed disinterested the whole time. I would ask questions, but there was just silence until I 2nd or 3rd time.

I was asked 3 coding question, I gave the most optimal solution to all. I copy-pasted my code after the interview, and everything compiled and ran perfectly.

I did not get an offer because apparently I was not "quick enough". Oh well.

Interview Questions

• - Convert sorted array to BST
    - Print the above tree level by level
    - I forgot the last question   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I applied to FB through my university and on their website. They called me in for 2 on campus interviews. Normally afterwards you would then go on to a day of on-site interviews, but they directly gave me an offer after the on campus interviews. They were very nice and very quick to respond.

Interview Questions

• Given a bipartite graph, separate the vertices into two sets.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a really fast and straight-forward recruiting process. I had a phone screen with a recruiter, then two coding interviews with Facebook Engineers with two coding questions each. Next day after the second technical interview, I got an email telling me that I've been accepted as an intern for next year.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings representing integer numbers ("123" , "30") return a string representing the sum of the two numbers ("153")   13 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2013.

Interview

Pretty quick. I went through 2 on campus interviews. The interviewers were friendly, and did not try to intimidate you. I did not think I did very well, but I still received an offer by the end of the week. From what I got from it, they do not have a very high standard for highering interns, but when it comes to extending an offer at the end of the internship, they prune aggressively.

Interview Questions

• Some string manipulation in Java. You have to know how to use StringBuffer's fairly well. Also, asked a lot of tree/graph related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and was contacted by a recruiter for an on campus interview. Interview was one on one, an hour long, and was all coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Print a binary tree level by level   5 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

They came to the campus, gathered email addresses & resumes. A few days later they sent an email to everyone who got preselected for an interview. The interview takes 45 minutes, and the next step is either an on-site interview in california, or another phone interview, or no more interviews depending on how you did.

Interview Questions

• Question about data structures/algorithms   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

They usually have one interview and if you clear that you have another interview. Mine were on consecutive days. Each interview was 30 mins. They do not spend too much time chit chatting and usually get right to business. They focus on how you approach the question more than the if you actually got the question right or not

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Two interviews, back to back, 30 minutes each. They were reasonably difficult, but nothing too difficult. Given the time constraint, it can be very hard to through all the questions. Post-interview however, the recruiter took us out to dinner.

Interview Questions

• Typical types of tree questions, such as finding the maximum tree length, closest path to various sets of nodes, along with being able to detect levels of all nodes as efficiently as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internships

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

Interview

Reached out recruiter on campus career fair. Got campus interview and later on-site interview. Since I had another pending offer deadline before the on-site interview date, they rescheduled the on-site interview via phone (which is a pity). The on campus interview (45min) only had one question on whiteboard I made it smoothly. The phone interview, however had two questions in 45min. I spent 30 mins on the first one and didn't finished the second question, but the interviewer was super nice! He gave me some hints on the second one and discussed with me about the question when I knew I already ran out of time. He even answered my question patiently. I had a pending offer deadline and requested a quick feedback, and two days later I got the offer! That was awesome since I didn't expect to get it at first.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was kind hard and none of them appeared one leetcode etc. But do not stress out since engineers are friendly and helpful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They were super nice people.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume in Campus Recruiting. Got an phone interview and an online test. In the phone interview, the interviewer asked questions on my resume, and some projects I did. Then he asked a programming problem. Then the HR invited me to a online test. The online test is on interviewstreet.com. The problem is not very easy.

Interview Questions

• Compute square root of a integer, without using the built-in sqrt method.   2 Answers