Facebook Software Engineering New Grad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook Software Engineering New Grad Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applies online and got a reference. Soon after received an email to schedule a phone conversation for a technical screen. Did coding on coderpad on a question which was:
Find the minimum distance to a leaf node in a binary tree
Had a short conversation on resume and projects and what Im looking for as well.

Interview Questions

• Find the minimum distance to a leaf node in a binary tree   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter through Linkedin. The recruiter got back to me and gave me the email of the person in charge of interviewing the students of my school. I sent an email to the guy in charge and he got back to me in 15 mins. He let me know that he will be forwarding my resume and I will hear back for an interview. I had a 1 hour phone interview with a software engineer. Unfortunately, I did not go further than this.

Interview Questions

• Given a decimal number, find the number of 1s in its binary representation? Follow up: Can u solve this in O(1) run time and O(1) space.   3 Answers

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me 4 days after my friend has referred me. Then the recruiter asked me to offer some available times to arrange a phone interview. I asked a rearrangement and the recruiter responded quickly. The phone interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Given an input array like [1,2,3] and a target like 5, find all combinations of array that sum up to target. [2,3] and [3,2] counts for only 1 combination.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I participated in a 45 minute on campus interview, then had an onsite interview in Menlo Park for Facebook University Day. There were 3 separate interviews on University Day; one personality & background interview, and 2 problem solving/whiteboard coding interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked not to share interview questions with outside sources   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was recruited, interviewed and screened, no offer. The questions were deceivingly simple. I'm not a classroom taught coder, so maybe I just didn't have the algorithm knowledge needed. Everyone was very nice and friendly, and I enjoyed all of my interactions though. I think it's hard to get your foot in the door and there are so many qualified individuals. Alas, Facebook is not for me I suppose.

Interview Questions

• What is a project you have worked on for computer science?   2 Answers

Software Engineering New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and got the interview. It was a 45 minutes phone interview. The first question is standard and easy. The second question is more related to facebook. The interviewer is kind of helpful, but he seems have sth to do after the interview, so he cut off the line in about 40 minutes.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview. 2 weeks after I was contacted by the recruiter.
    A brief introduction followed by coding question on coderpad. No need to complie.
    First, describe yourself. Why do u fit for this role.
    Coding question combinational sum.
    Follow up by time complexity and optimization solution.
    Ended with QA.

Interview Questions

• First, describe yourself. Why do u fit for this role.
      Coding question combinational sum.
      Follow up by time complexity and optimization solution.
      Ended with QA.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The whole process is blazing fast. back to back 3 rounds, no breaks and u r done. For me this was not favorable as I screwed up my first one and the bad state of mind persisted.

Interview Questions

• first round: array based question (never seen before on CTC/leetcode/glassdoor),
      second: getting to know me. Again I had an engineer who works on mobile where as I have 0 experience in that. Could feel a little disconnect as I was very interested and excited about their feed team and ads team.
      Third round: Leetcode question. Medium level. Doable..so went well
      Interview is all about being quick, why facebook, KEEPING CALM.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied through recruiter, then I got a phone interview. I had two algorithms which were not difficult. Then, I got an onsite interview. I had five interviews, two of them are algorithm problems, one research background (since I am a PhD student), one system design, and one ML design.

Interview Questions

• Typical algorithm problems, string manipulation, system design, ML design   Answer Question

Software Engineering New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in September 2016.

Interview

Asked an employee to refer me. Later that week contacted by an internal recruiter. Shortly afterward I had a phone screen interview.

After a couple minutes on the interviewer's background and my own, we jumped directly into the coding question using coderpad. Unclear as to how detailed the solution was supposed to be solved, as there wasn't anything testing mechanisms (to my knowledge). Still wrote solidly in python.

Two business days later, told I wasn't advancing in the process.