Facebook Technical Sourcer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First: Happy Hour/Networking event - meet several interal recruiters
Second: pre-screen with recruiter over the phone to discuss what team i would be fit
Third: Onsite and in person interview - Meet with three people 45 min each. Focus on the following three aspects: Sourcing skills, candidate experience, and Facebook values

Interview Questions

• What does a good candidate experience mean to you?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Went for face to face interview through agency. Four people interviewed which lasted about 2.5 hours. They all majorly focused on how I have been recruiting and processes. Overall the experience was wonderful and they treated well.

Interview Questions

• What were your challenges while sourcing a call candidate.   Answer Question

Facebook Response

Jun 6, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that your interview experience was positive. Please stay connected with us through our talent communities! Facebook Careers... More

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position, and received an email from the recruiter about a month later. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter that I would be supporting, then an onsite interview with two other recruiters on the team and the recruiting manager. I got a good sense of what the role would entail and also got a tour of the campus, which is absolutely unbelievable. I left with a clear sense of what the next steps would be, and received an offer within several days, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate for a bit more base salary. The bonus and equity were set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Scored the interview through a contact on a LinkedIn Alumni Group. I first had a phone screening. I went through my contacts to connect me with someone that worked at Facebook to ask for questions they might ask. They told me to make sure to take about their metrics. The person that scored me the interview told me that it wasn't needed. However when I got to the actual interview it was asked. I was then called for an in-person interview. I met with three different people who were going to be instructors for the sourcing bootcamp. Two of them were very approachable and friendly. The third person was very intimidating and asked very hard questions. It is better to over prepare! They said that it would take a week to hear about but they didn't, so it took a long time to figure out that I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• What platform does Facebook use?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by full loop of 4 in person interviews. First screen talked about the role and your resume. Onsite interviews were different types focusing on different things. Ninja/Jedi/Pirate.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for facebook? experience relevant to work? tell me about a challenging project you've worked on   Answer Question

Technical Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

2 Phone screens - 1 with recruiter for recruiters and 1 with a recruiter on the recruiting team I was interviewing for; on-site interview with 2 additional team members and 1 engineer for the engineering team I would be sourcing for

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: What sets you apart from the other people I'm interviewing?   Answer Question
    • Why Facebook? What's the hardest position you have sourced - how did you get it done? What do you like about sourcing? Tell me about the avenues you have used to source people? How do you handle prioritizing your work?   Answer Question

Technical Sourcer Interview

Interview

The interviewers are all very genuine and friendly, which made the process enjoyable! I was first contacted by phone for an interview and then brought onsite to meet with a couple more people from the same recruiting team. Since I interviewed during the afternoon, I also got free lunch at one of the cafes. The food was delicious and kept my energy up.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

One phone call and a 5 hour onsite

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of success?
      Can you define LAMP?
      What is SQL?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I could negotiate my salary

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 4 interviews through phone, and then silence - for approx. 6 months now they did not return to me with the obvious answer of feedback. Overall it was cool to get the interview there, but the lack of any feedback, after I invested something like 4 hours, a babysitter and time to prepare - it's not what you can expect from a company on this scale.

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

telephone interview
    4 onsite interviews
    Lots of fun
    I met very relevant people
    Had plenty of chance to ask questions myself
    very positive experience
    Moved very quickly
    Writing searches on whiteboard
    They asked about my previous experience, asked how i would handle certain situations, role playing and behavioral interviews