Facebook User Experience Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook User Experience Researcher Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.4

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Had a phone call interview/screen, then video call interview afterwards. Pretty basic and asked the usual questions you'd expect. Interviewer did sound a bit bored(?) and their audio quality wasn't the best and kept cutting in and out so that was a bit awkward. I got ghosted afterwards which was a bit annoying since I don't think it takes much effort to send an automated rejection email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

User Experience Researcher Interview

Interview

I had an internal reference. Interviewer emailed me and and asked me to rate myself on a variety of research methods ranging from novice to expert. I replied to her email with the answer. After several days,
    she then told me the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Can you rate your statistical skills? HLM, ANOVA, Growth models, ethnography, interviews?   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The initial call with the recruiter was great, they explained the interview process to me in detail, let me ask questions, and detailed for me the particular research team I'd be on. The second interview was with a researcher, in my case a UX manager. That conversation was also very nice, some questions about my general research experience, methods that I use, and work that I like to do. Most of the interview was running through a scenario. Waiting to hear back about whether I made it to the final stage.

Interview Questions

• Pick an app, lets say you work for that company, a bunch of users signed up for the app and then quickly left. How would you study it to determine why they left and how to get them back? What methods or processes would you use, who would you try to talk to, and in the end what do you think your insights might be that you'd present to relevant stakeholders. Also, lets say the stakeholders find your insights interesting, but have issues with the sample size/makeup, what would you say?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

Very organized. Multiple stages of the process. Gave you a lot of information on how to prep for the interviews. Good experience overall. would have liked more feedback on what I could do differently.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a research study   2 Answers

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

It was straight forward and I only did the 1:1 interview. It was not clear about the hypothetical situation. When I asked about what if’s... they are not really understanding why there is a possibility.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a study if your company has a new product rollout?   5 Answers

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2020.

Interview

Phone screening interview. Questions are focused on your resume and especially the projects that demand high-level technical skills. Many questions are on the underlying assumptions behind statistical modeling approaches. Make sure to review the relevant literature before going to the interview. I applied to the UX researcher position but the interviewer was from a partner group (survey and demography). If a UX researcher took the interview, I might have received very different questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the procedures you took to conduct X statistical approach you applied to Y problem.   3 Answers

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

1. recruiter call to talk about resume, explain the process
    2. interview with a researcher on scenario-based research design questions and questions around specific methods
    3. project presentation to 3 researchers and some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• If you can only ask one survey question, what question would you ask to evaluate how people feel about xx product's entire experience?   3 Answers

User Experience Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2019.

Interview

A FB recruiter contacted me and had me fill two forms of screening questions. Last year (2018) I did it through a phone interview, however, this year it was by email.
    The next step was to schedule a 45 minute interview with a UX researcher who matches your research skills (e.g., quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods) that you provided prior by email.

I passed step two, and waiting for the 2nd VC interview, which is an hour-long, 30 minutes is a research presentation and 30 minutes for Q&A by four researchers.

Interview Questions

• Name a non-facebook application. After answering, the interviewer asked "How would you conduct a study to understand the pain points people face using this application and low engagement?" given that you only have 3 weeks to do so.
      Based on your answer, the interviewer would push for further details and nudge you on how exactly you would do things. The purpose is to understand how you think, so it's encouraged to think out loud.   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2019.

Interview

I got an internal referral and one recruiter contacted me. We talked on the phone about 30 minutes. I was asked about a few reserach-related questions. Not technically, but more about my own research.

Interview Questions

• Do you identify as a qua-, quan-, or mix-ed methods reseracher?   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, one with the hiring manager and another one with a research manager. I was invited to the on-site interview afterwards and my experience at the on-site interview was extremely negative. First, I was traveling from the east coast to the west coast and had to take a day off from my current job. They booked the worst flights with long layovers that needed me to take 2 days off. After some back and forth with the agency, I was able to get a more decent flight (still not very decent). Then, at the on-site interview, after interviewing with 2 people (scheduled to interview with 7), I was told that my interview was going to be terminated without providing any feedback. Overall, they handled the whole process very unprofessionally and with no respect of my time. My interview was confirmed very last minute and then terminated prematurely without even giving me the chance to further explain my experience. The least FB can do for candidates that travel that far is to make sure they are strong fits before they invite to the on-site interview and then give them the chance to display their skills by letting them complete the scheduled interviews!

Interview Questions

• Mostly case-study type of questions, quite open-ended   3 Answers