Facebook User Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Facebook User Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Facebook page, and they contacted me right immediately like on that day which was scary for me. I guess they embody truly the culture of moving fast. I got an e-mail with to complete some online test with 13 questions and they were on:
13 questions:
9 Analytical Multiple Choice Questions – focusing on sets, trend analysis, calculus, stats, etc.
1 open ended basic SQL question.
1 open ended normalization question.
1 Multiple Choice English language comprehension question.
1 open ended language question (this part should be 200 – 300 words).
The entire online assessment test was conducted through hackerrank.com and it was for 90 min.
Personally I did not go and complete the Quiz within couple of day. I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like the impossible interview and the aptitude interview from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected thing was that they contact you right immediately leaving you no time to prepare, so before you apply take you're time to prepare and they apply. other than that this question was pretty difficult:

An analyst at Facebook is conducting a satisfaction survey sampling from a list of 10,000 new users. The list includes 2,500 French users, 2,500 German users, 2,500 Italian users, and 2,500 Portuguese users. The analyst select a sample of 400 users, by randomly sampling 100 users of each country. is this an example of a simple random sample?   3 Answers

Negotiation

It was a contract, there where no negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Received an email asking for a phone interview and scheduled a time. Phone interview was fairly standard - mostly discussing my resume. Tips: if interviewing for a marketing position, prepare some marketing ideas as well as some comments/thoughts on improvements for the site. Interviewer was polite and friendly, overall the interview went for about 30mins.

Interview Questions

• What would you improve on the site?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager about an issue, and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The recruiters are excellent here and the company has it's choice of who they want to hire. Names are big at this company so if you didn't graduate from what they call a top tier university... GOOD luck. I had a friend refer me which also helped my case.

Just know Facebook and everything it does. Be active on Facebook and go through the HELP CENTER <---

Interview Questions

• How would you change facebook? How would you change the help center?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

From the time I applied for the position online, it was three weeks before someone e-mailed back asking me to take a 30 minute online timed writing sample comprised of two questions.

I thought I would get the chance for an interview at the least because Austin is the first place Facebook is opening U.S. sales and online operations outside of Palo Alto, and they will be hiring at least 200 people in the next few years. I received an e-mail about a week later saying I'm not the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to make it easier for less tech-savvy new user? (paraphrased)   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite part about Facebook (application, etc)? (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

They seem to have a good work culture, but that's only after you get in. Getting past the screening process is ridiculous and I get the impression that they don't care about anyone external to the company. If you know someone within the company it's a good way to get recognized quicker.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss what sets Facebook apart from other, similar web sites.   1 Answer
    • Facebook is now offered in a number of languages. Please discuss some of the challenges that Facebook could face in international markets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I got an email for an 1-hour writing test after I submit my resume online. I passed the written test and had a short phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter is nice and professional. And I will have another phone interview later today.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges of Facebook in international market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Was contacted within days of sending in my application online to do a 3 question timed writing sample. A week or so later I was contacted for a phone interview followed by another 2 question timed writing sample. Had a second interview over a week ago and I am still waiting to hear any news. Questions were fairly simple, interviewers very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What problems could FB face in international markets   1 Answer
    • What is you favorite FB feature and how would you describe to someone how to use it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied for one of the foreign language analyst positions that were open. After receiving my resume, a recruiter contacted me within 2 days and gave me a link to an online writing test. I had to respond to questions both in English and my foreign language, and translate into my foreign language. I'm not a native speaker of my non-English language, so that's probably why I didn't make it any farther. They were very polite, though, and responded quickly, which is amazing if you're on the hunt. After some further investigation (I know people who work for them), it turns out that only people with really top-notch (and I mean absolute number one) language skills were being considered, whereas I was probably middle-ground. I would still really like to work for them someday, what a great company.

Interview Questions

• Translate the following text into the foreign language you wish to support. Be sure to write it in a tone that would be appropriate for customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and several in-person interviews at Facebook HQ over the course of about a month. Interviews were very straightforward -- past experiences, expectations for new position, etc. They were also very informative and fairly honest about the type of work their new hires would be doing.

Everyone was very young and seemed pretty willing to give straight answers when I heard about something that didn't seem particularly exciting. They definitely describe a lot of the perks in detail, but may not mention the downsides of the work unless you ask.

Interview Questions

• What would do with a Facebook user who was having trouble with their account?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume online on the first week of Dec 2010. A few hours later, a recruiter sent me an email response with a link to a writing test. I passed the test because the same recruiter emailed back and requested a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and asked general questions about my background and why I wanted to work at FB. They scheduled me for an on-site interview a few days later but it was moved to the first week of Jan 2011 because some of the staff members were on vacation.

On the day of the interview, the recruiter said that I was going to be interviewed by 5 people instead of 4! It wasn't any big deal for me because I had already prepared myself. The first interview was with 2 members who were young and started as analysts. The other 3 interviewers were mid and senior-level members. I didn't do well in one of them because the person asked really difficult questions and I had to pause and think for a minute. That person grilled me and I left the place feeling confused. The members were nice and each one told me in great detail about their job responsibilities. It was interesting hearing from each one of them on how much they enjoyed working there.

I got a general rejection email from the FB team a few days later. I felt a bit upset because for 2 weeks, I was researching about the company, website and came up with ideas on how to improve the user interaction. I even prepared my Q&As in two languages (in case they were going to test my language skills). However, I'm glad to have practiced my job interview skills with 5 people.

The position is still open. For those who want to apply, I recommend that you study all the basic FB features, the Help Center, Terms of Use, and read a lot of FB news. This entry-level position requires candidates to be above and beyond. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Facebook?   Answer Question
    • A "what would you do in this situation" question. (I can't give any more details since I signed their NDA)   Answer Question