Facebook User Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst, User Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2013.

Interview

The position will be at the European HQ for the position of Thai Analyst, User Operations.
I had a brief phone call from the HR informing me about the 2 tests I had to do: Writing test and Analytical test.
A week later she contacted me that I passed to the next step and there will be another HR calling me. After the interview I had 2 interview with one employee and a line manager.

Interview Questions

• When and how Facebook will reach 2billions users?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral, and three days later got an e-mail from HR. The 1st screening was 2 different exams One for language and another one for math/statistics skills and sql, both examinations had a time limit and I found them quite interesting and difficult.
    After that I had to confirm availability for a phone screening with HR and then another one with the Hiring Manager. Questions where basic and needed a lot of knowledge on the area and challenges that the company face at the current moment.
    I was again ask to confirm availability for back-to-back interviews with 4 different people, including the hiring manager. I got an email from two different HR contacts with a bit of information on what each interview would focus on.
    People where very kind and made me feel on a conversation instead of an interview, but they had a lot of controversial questions, and got a good-cop bad-cop situation going on because the first interview was really difficult and the second not so much, the next one was really hard and the last was easy as could be.
    They asked me a lot about why facebook, what I wanted from the company, what I liked about my job, where I failed and what I'd do better.
    I had to show a lot of passion for user operations.

Interview Questions

• How do you think facebook would be able to detect site abuse of the community standards proactively without the user having to report?   2 Answers

User Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in December 2010.

Interview

If you are interested in applying for a position with Facebook or you’re already engaged in the interviewing process, you may find my insight helpful.

A Facebook recruiter contacted me within two week after submitting my resume to schedule an online writing sample. One week after I took the writing assessment, my recruiter contacted me to schedule a 30-minute phone interview.

Takeaway#1: For the writing assessment, be clear, concise, and manage your time effectively.

My first phone interview, which was more of a screening call, was with a Facebook recruiter. The call lasted around 30 minutes and entailed a discussion of my resume. She was very thorough and asked very detailed questions about all aspects of my experience. I was surprised at the level of detail sought, considering she didn’t work in the area for which I was applying. After the screening, she told me to expect a follow-up call from someone working in the department for which I applied.

Takeaway#2: Be prepared to discuss your resume in detail and relate your experience to the Facebook job for which you are interviewing.

The next day, a recruiting coordinator from the local Facebook office e-mailed me details for the next phone interview, which was with someone working in User Operations. This phone interview was more traditional and lasted around 30 minutes. I received an e-mail from my recruiter the next day inviting me to an on-site interview. I accepted.

Takeaway#3: Know what Facebook is all about, express your excitement, and be prepared to articulate in detail what makes you a good fit for the position AND Facebook in general.

The on-site recruiting coordinator contacted me to schedule the two-hour on-site interview. She also asked me to complete the Facebook employment application and nondisclosure agreement and bring both to the interview. Upon my arrival on-site, she took me to a very small room, with just enough room for three chairs, and asked me to wait for the first interviewer.

The first interviewer arrived with her laptop in-hand, and proceeded to ask me standard interview questions, typing notes as I gave responses. The interview lasted 30 minutes. In fact, all subsequent interviews lasted 30 minutes.

Takeaway#4: Be prepared to provide interesting stories about your most positive and negative work-related experiences, including lessons learned. Make sure you don’t throw anyone under the bus!

The second interviewer’s questions were about personal and professional goals, why I was interested in Facebook, why I wanted to leave my job, etc.

Takeaway#5: Be prepared to articulate the importance of life goals, why you’re interested in Facebook, what you will offer Facebook in the first 90 days/five years, and what skills you will take away from working at Facebook.

The third interviewer’s questions focused on the position and asked philosophical questions about what role Facebook should play in ensuring safety on the site. He also asked for specific solutions to scaling User Operations support as the business continued to grow.

Takeaway#6: Be prepared to offer suggestions for improving the Facebook user experience for both novices and experts.

The final interviewer was older than the previous ones. The other interviewers were in their early 20s to very early 30s. I’m sure he was a manager in that office. His questions focused on team dynamics. This entailed what kind of team I prefer, what role I fill in a team, what I think is destructive for a team, etc.

Takeaway#7: Be prepared to reveal professional criticism you received from peers while working on a team, and explain how you dealt with the criticism.

This was the end of my interviewing experience with Facebook. The recruiting coordinator told me I should receive word from my recruiter in about a week. A week later, I received an e-mail from my recruiter indicating I was not the right fit.

Final Takeaway: If you didn’t receive an offer, find something positive from the experience. It’s only natural to feel the sting of rejection when losing out on this kind of opportunity, but rest assured that you wouldn’t have made it that far in the interview process if you didn’t have the right skills. They simply found a personality that would be a better fit for the team they’re trying to build (or you were too old – kidding – sort of).

My goal here is to share a more complete understanding of Facebook’s interview process so others may spend less time trying to anticipate the process and more time thinking about why they are right for Facebook.

I am more than happy to share other aspects of my interviewing experience with Facebook. Feel free to ask questions in the comments section below...I will respond there so everyone has the benefit to learn from my experience. Remember, it’s anonymous…

Note: Some things I will not be able to comment on due to my NDA with Facebook.

Interview Questions

• What skills will you take away from your experience working for Facebook?   1 Answer
    • What do you hope to accomplish in your first 90 days working for Facebook?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then around 2 weeks or so I received an email inviting me to a test. I passed it and went on with a phone interview with the recruiter. She walked me through basic questions like tell me about yourself, what is the trend that you see, how to deal with a thousand of reports per day, how to spot a fake account...After that I got on an interview with someone from the team. The conversation got disconnected a few times and then after waiting for more than a week for the result, I got a thank you email. It was disheartening experience

User Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was interviewed by six people individually on two separate days. Each interviewer took about 30 minutes for the interview. They were either team leads or managers. They described which teams they were from and then went through my resume and started asking specific questions about my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Facebook?
      What do you like about Facebook?
      Why do you think Google is better than Facebook?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Facebook page, and they contacted me right immediately like on that day which was scary for me. I guess they embody truly the culture of moving fast. I got an e-mail with to complete some online test with 13 questions and they were on:
    13 questions:
    9 Analytical Multiple Choice Questions – focusing on sets, trend analysis, calculus, stats, etc.
    1 open ended basic SQL question.
    1 open ended normalization question.
    1 Multiple Choice English language comprehension question.
    1 open ended language question (this part should be 200 – 300 words).
    The entire online assessment test was conducted through hackerrank.com and it was for 90 min.
    Personally I did not go and complete the Quiz within couple of day. I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like the impossible interview and the aptitude interview from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected thing was that they contact you right immediately leaving you no time to prepare, so before you apply take you're time to prepare and they apply. other than that this question was pretty difficult:

An analyst at Facebook is conducting a satisfaction survey sampling from a list of 10,000 new users. The list includes 2,500 French users, 2,500 German users, 2,500 Italian users, and 2,500 Portuguese users. The analyst select a sample of 400 users, by randomly sampling 100 users of each country. is this an example of a simple random sample?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It was a contract, there where no negotiations.

Analyst, User Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

started with an initial phone screen, followed by a phone interview consisting of behavioral questions, then an onsite with 5 1:1 interviews, each taking 20-30 minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

The process was quick and lasted about 3 weeks. On campus interview, then on site interview at HQ. On site interview started with a tour then sometime to mingle with employees. At the time I didn't realize but the mingling was an informal interview. After lunch, we were placed in a room and 3 different people rotated to interview all of us. Mostly the same questions over and over. It was long. Questions sometimes were poorly worded or unclear. Interview processed seemed to be a lot about how you would fit in to the culture in addition to identifying if you have the right skills.

Interview Questions

• Tough questions about opportunities with the product and how to improve user experience.   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

First I have taken a skill. Then I have been contacted with a human resources manager, user operations manager and then 4 consecutive skype calls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The Recruiter found me on LinkedIn account and attached me a JD. Then HR rang me to ensure that I understand the job description, what did I do and what am I doing now. Furthermore, she set up an analytical interview with another person a week later and passed me to the final interview. All interviews are phone interviews except the last one through skype as I am based in England.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about your ability to deal with User operations, how to work in a team, how to spot a fake profile, how can you handle 10,000 abused reports per day etc.   Answer Question