Facebook User Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Facebook User Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who then set up a video interview with a member of the community operations team in Austin. Mostly asked about my experience and how I would help people with different user issues. Most of the experience questions were related to problem-solving and steps I took to solve them. I was also asked to explain how to use an existing Facebook feature, some of its benefits, and how I would see if it was being adopted by users.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify fake profiles?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

User Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then around 2 weeks or so I received an email inviting me to a test. I passed it and went on with a phone interview with the recruiter. She walked me through basic questions like tell me about yourself, what is the trend that you see, how to deal with a thousand of reports per day, how to spot a fake account...After that I got on an interview with someone from the team. The conversation got disconnected a few times and then after waiting for more than a week for the result, I got a thank you email. It was disheartening experience

User Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I was interviewed by six people individually on two separate days. Each interviewer took about 30 minutes for the interview. They were either team leads or managers. They described which teams they were from and then went through my resume and started asking specific questions about my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Facebook?
      What do you like about Facebook?
      Why do you think Google is better than Facebook?   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2011.

Interview

3 phone interviews including the first one with the recruiter. Then, 3 interviews in Dublin. Facebook invited me to Dublin paying my flight and hotel expenses. Overall, a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• favorite feature of facebook.com?
      how to improve facebook?
      how does your previous experience match with the job description?
      why facebook?
      what are your hobbies?   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I applied online. The process included three interview rounds in total. It started out with online tests, which were ok. It is a benefit to prepare. Moving forward I had a two phone interviews and one interview through a video conference. The first interview was with on of the employees from HR and the questions were mostly related to competancy and my motivation for why I wanted the role and why I wanted to work for Facebook. The second interview was with someone from the user operations department. I mostly got case questions about what I would do in various situations related to the role. The last interview was with three different people, all from the user operation department, but at different levels.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the position, since I have a background in Finance.   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation to do an online test a few days after application. The test consisted of 8 analytical multiple choice questions (sets, trend analysis, statistics, calculus), 1 multiple choice comprehension question (questions based on a given short text) and 1 essay question to be answered in the language applied for.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Facebook page, and they contacted me right immediately like on that day which was scary for me. I guess they embody truly the culture of moving fast. I got an e-mail with to complete some online test with 13 questions and they were on:
    13 questions:
    9 Analytical Multiple Choice Questions – focusing on sets, trend analysis, calculus, stats, etc.
    1 open ended basic SQL question.
    1 open ended normalization question.
    1 Multiple Choice English language comprehension question.
    1 open ended language question (this part should be 200 – 300 words).
    The entire online assessment test was conducted through hackerrank.com and it was for 90 min.
    Personally I did not go and complete the Quiz within couple of day. I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like the impossible interview and the aptitude interview from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected thing was that they contact you right immediately leaving you no time to prepare, so before you apply take you're time to prepare and they apply. other than that this question was pretty difficult:

An analyst at Facebook is conducting a satisfaction survey sampling from a list of 10,000 new users. The list includes 2,500 French users, 2,500 German users, 2,500 Italian users, and 2,500 Portuguese users. The analyst select a sample of 400 users, by randomly sampling 100 users of each country. is this an example of a simple random sample?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It was a contract, there where no negotiations.

User Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

A 30 mins written test, containing 2 essay questions. 400 words minimum

Analyst, User Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

started with an initial phone screen, followed by a phone interview consisting of behavioral questions, then an onsite with 5 1:1 interviews, each taking 20-30 minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

The process was quick and lasted about 3 weeks. On campus interview, then on site interview at HQ. On site interview started with a tour then sometime to mingle with employees. At the time I didn't realize but the mingling was an informal interview. After lunch, we were placed in a room and 3 different people rotated to interview all of us. Mostly the same questions over and over. It was long. Questions sometimes were poorly worded or unclear. Interview processed seemed to be a lot about how you would fit in to the culture in addition to identifying if you have the right skills.

Interview Questions

• Tough questions about opportunities with the product and how to improve user experience.   Answer Question