FactSet Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.1

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I got a phone call from the leading financial engineer, we discuss about a fix income problem, it is about the time value of the bond, and then I was ask to describe a structure of a programming idea using Cpp. He likes the answer, and I was invited to a on-site interview in Chicago office. It is followed by 3 one on one interviews in the morning and 2 one on one interview in the afternoon. Lots of question about fix income market and conceptual cpp question. And also some algorithm question and some question about the black-sholes and stochastic and martingale theory. Most of them are very basic questions, but the time length of the interview process is a bit long, all together, the length is approximately 6 hours. The financial engineering team is very kind and patient. And senior people will take you out for a nice lunch. But they are very picky about the skill you possess, and you should be extra smart when you meet the head of the team in the afternoon, very smart person and might ask you some algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• MBS, CDS price of the bond(using bootstrap to derive the bond price), oop programming in cpp(basic conceptual question), walk through the resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a first round behavioral interview on campus. I was asked back for an onsite interview in Chicago, where I went in a spent a good chunk of the day in interviews. First they had a mini seminar on how to use the software, then I interviewed with about four different people with various positions around the office. It ended with a brain teasers quiz and then we were taken out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, 30-minute on-campus behavioral interview, followed by second round interview on-site. The on-campus interview was a rather straightforward behavioral interview, and the second round focused on meeting with other Consultants and multiple interviews with managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I saw their stand at a career fair at my school, handed them my resume, and talked to them for about 15 min. They said to apply online, which I didn't. However, they still called me a little bit over a month later and asked to schedule a video interview. At the end of a 20 min video call, they offered to fly me out to Chicago for a super day. The video interview questions were all simple, behavioral questions. After the super day, they said they'd get back to me in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why Factset?
      What's Factset's stock trading at?
      If you disagreed with your manager, would you still do what he said?
      Some basic Excel equations
      Why your major?
      There were many other questions. Of the four interviews, a lot of them repeated questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview with a lead engineer. I know more about Java, but the interviewer is more familiar with c++. Interviewer is not quite helpful when you try to answer questions. (should have prepared more C++ concepts before)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my Universities career services office and was invited to schedule an on campus interview. They held a pre-night where they briefly demonstrated the software and talked about the position. The recruiters were very conversational and polite. I was invited to a second round interview and am currently in the process.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how would you rank your excel skills?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Was contacted as part of a scheduled phone screening. Very standard, generic interview questions. The department lead was very short with me and sounded disinterested right from the start. He was also extremely aggressive about me divulging my salary requirements. I was told multiple times that it would be a 45 minute interview, but it went so poorly that we wrapped it up in 15 and I obviously never received a follow-up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Met and talked with at college career fair. On campus interview was about 2 weeks later. Then, onsite interview was about 2 weeks to one month after that. Asked to pick which location you prefer to interview at (New York, Austin, Chicago). Interview onsite had a lot of repeat questions. Read from a sheet and about one quarter of all questions were asked by two people. Four 1:1 interviews onsite.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview. It took less than 30 minutes. They were very helpful scheduling the interview. I interviewed with a university recruiter. First you will have a phone interview and if that goes well they fly you out to the office you are applying to. The overall experience is great. FactSet is very flexible with interview dates. The recruiter(s) were very nice and genuine.

Interview Questions

• What stock would you sell me?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about FactSet?   1 Answer
    • If someone asked you what a consultant at FactSet does, what would you tell them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred from a former employee which resulted in an initial phone interview. After that, I was scheduled for 4 interviews in their Chicago Office. Those 4 interviews consisted of talking with 2 consultants, the regional director, a consultant manager, and lastly two other consultant managers.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale 1-10 in Excel, would then ask you to answer questions according to your answer.   Answer Question