FactSet Interview Questions in Connecticut | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Interview

Initially had a phone interview which began with an overview of the company and the internship program. Then the interviewer asked some basic technical questions and some behavioral questions.

About a week and a half after that, I received a positive response and was called in for an on site interview. The on-site began with 3 technical interviews, beginning with a code review. I was given code in c++, which I am not too familiar with because my background is mainly Java/Python, but the interview was more focused on the concepts used than the actual syntax. The second interview was a design interview, and the third was a algorithms/data structures interview.

Then, another interviewee and I were taken out to lunch by two former interns and then the remaining interview was with one of the senior directors and was more behavioral.

Overall, everyone I encountered was pleasant and seemed like they really enjoyed working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Interview

HR was really nice and very prompt. However interviewer seemed to be a software engineer with not much background in interviewing people. Even though I applied for a software engineer position and I informed him that I have not worked with web technologies much, he kept on asking web related stuff instead of OOP concept or any programming question or anything in general other than web technologies.

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Onsite Interview
    Some tech questions about algo and data structure and object oriented design
    and talk with director about my intern experience and web develop.
    Lunch with two engineers.
    Great culture and people here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my university, then contacted to do an in person interview. After this, you can get invited to go to an office and go through some more rounds of interviews with other staff members. The on site interview is meeting with 4 or 5 people and each person takes you through a different exercise. One was a repeat of the in person interview, one was an excel skills test, another was reading comprehension, one was financial skills evaluation, and another one was a written test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

First round on-campus interview with HR. Second round (final) interview at headquarters in Norwalk, CT which included a demo of FactSet to start the day 4 back-to-back interviews (3 consulting, 1 hr). Then we had a brainteaser quiz and shadowed a consultant for 30 mins then was taken out to lunch. Questions are easy if you prepare and look at glassdoor but would be difficult if you did not prepare.

Interview Questions

• Pitch me a stock.
      Conditional formatting in excel.
      Why your school?
      Why do you want to be in finance?
      What qualities should a consultant have?
      Financial trends.
      Tell me a time you had to bend the rules.
      Answer Question

Systems Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a FactSet recruiter to interview for this position after interviewing for a different position. I interviewed with 3 people that made up the department. The interviews were low pressure and oriented towards personality questions. A few days after the interview, I sent a follow up email to the recruiter I spoke to and got a reply 30 seconds later with a copy and pasted rejection letter. I don't know if they were planning on sending me a email saying that I wasn't selected for this position, but the fact that they didn't notify me until I contacted them left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR via an email to schedule a general phone screen. I spoke to the HR and then she asked for a scheduling a technical phone screen with the hiring manager. He asked me a few questions on DS, Algorithms and DB. Next round was live coding on collabedit with phone with the hiring manager and one more engineer form his team. Next, an onsite interview was scheduled. I was first given a demo of what they do followed by 3 technical rounds (coding, design and db), 1 round with the hiring managers from 2 different teams and an HR round.

The HR is very sweet and soft spoken. Interviewers gave me hints and helped me during the interview wherever required. My overall experience with FactSet was very good.

Interview Questions

• Data structures and Algorithms
      DB and SQL
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the career fair on campus. The recruiting staff note something down on my resume. A week later, I was contacted and scheduled for a phone interview.
    The phone interview went well. The interviewer sounds very nice and the interviewing process went very smooth. We talked about my projects on my resume and a few java basic questions.
    The recruiter is very efficient and contact me for an onsite interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• 0.Project Introduction and questions: SQL and NoSQL Database;Project Challenges   Answer Question
    • 1.Sell Java to me; Java Memory Management;
      2.Abstract Vs. Interface
      3.HashMap
      4.List and Array and Vector
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hartford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screen first and then onsite interview. Flown in, put at nice hotel, went to dinner with current consultants. Treated extremely well. There were four one on one interviews the questioning was very detailed and specific.

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

30 minute in person technical interview at a career fair, then a full day of onsite interviews. Everyone I spoke to was very kind. The onsite included an optional dinner the night before with Factset software engineers, and a full day of interviews. The schedule for interview day was: Brief executive intro speech, product demo, code review interview (Triangle Class in Java), OOP interview, algorithms interview, lunch with an engineer (fun!), director interview, HR feedback interview, and finally a brief executive outro speech. By far the longest interview day I've ever had but it went by fast and everyone was very kind! I enjoyed the fact that they got executives (The CTO and COO in fact) to pitch their company to us, it showed how much they value recruitment.

Interview Questions

• Design a hash map class.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an interpretive and compiled language?   Answer Question
    • Design an air traffic control system. It should be able to track plane 'parking spots', whether the spots are full or empty, and assign waiting planes to each spot based on the plane's priority.   Answer Question
    • Design a Stack class and a Queue class.   Answer Question
    • How would you design a word suggestion system, specifically for words which may have one mistyped letter? Assume you have a dictionary of all words in the English language. (Ex: vallyy should suggest valley)   Answer Question