FactSet Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.9

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in May 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was one super day starting off with a demo and group brain teaser, followed by a series technical and behavioral interviews. Then an excel test and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about the current news in the financial markets.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

I had the initial phone Interview, they asked basic questions reviewing my Resume and personal fit. Although I was very qualified for the position and knew a lot about the company, I received an email that they were moving on with other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly standard. First I had a phone interview. Then I was supposed to have a video interview, but I was asked to go to their office for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why FactSet as opposed to other firms?   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The day started by going out to lunch with two young FactSet Consultants. Following lunch, we returned to the office. We were given a demo of the software and we were then interviewed by four of the FactSet managers. Each manager had their own set of questions. During one of the interviews we were asked to complete a brain teaser quiz.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing you've gotten away with?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Group of 5 potential candidates. Took us to lunch, gave us a basic IQ test, interview with 3-5 people around the office whole process takes about 5 hours. Gave a brief excel test as well. This was definitely one of the more difficult interview processes I have had but seems like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Q: Is the customer always right?
      Q: If the day before the day before yesterday is 3 days after Saturday what day is it today?
      Q: Briefly describe the current US economy.
      Q: Brief excel test was given.
      Q: A lot of behavioral questions i.e. Tell me about a time when...   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process took little over 2 weeks. I was first contacted and given an interview over skype. After that I was flown out to San Francisco where there was a super day.

Interview Questions

• If you had a friend that was hurt in the back of a car, would you speed through a red light to take him to the hospital.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in September 2010.

Interview

The company looks for someone that would be a great fit with the culture. They convey the message that personality is something that can not be taught but skills can always be learned. There are a number of interviews but all of hem assess fit with the company and interest within the specific job type.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. 6 interviews, mostly with the heads of the groups. Personality, skills, and general "likability" and employee-fit type questions. It was not too stressful. Be ready to discuss yourself. And have a good personality. Without it, you will not get the job. Ask questions and never discuss salary, until you get the offer, of course.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied online and then had a brief phone interview & 5 face in person interviews @ the office I applying to. Behavioral, situational, and questions about past experiences/internships were asked. A very young, intelligent company looking to add to their various consulting teams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Attended a career fair where Factset had a booth set up. Called the next day to invite me to interview in their Chicago office.

Consisted of 4 one-on-one interviews with consulting managers. The interviews were behavioral based with plenty of time to ask questions. Know what the job entails and have plenty of questions to ask. Not really any technical questions at all. Really laid back. They just want to see if you fit the mold they want you to be. At the end there is a mind teaser type exercise also.

Interview Questions

• Explain a balance sheet to a 4th grader   Answer Question
    • Teach me something about what's going on in the financial markets today   Answer Question