FactSet Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.9

284 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Was interviewed at my university by one of the recruiters. She was texting on her cell-phone during parts of the interview, and didn't offer much insight on the job itself. I did not receive a second round interview, and when I emailed her back saying thank you and asking for feedback for future interviews, she said she didn't have any.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe excel to a 5 year old? What's your dream job? What's a VLOOKUP?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Several days later I was contacted to set up an online interview. Preliminary video interview. Very casual and welcoming. Asked about my history, my resume, why factset, why consulting, decision on school and major, etc.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Had phone interview first to get the "fit" questions out of the way. Next was brought into the Headquarters to meet and interview with 5 different people. The interviews weren't hard but definitely come prepared to know something about the company, finance, the markets, and ASK THEM QUESTIONS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

On campus 30 minute interview. Mostly questions related to your background/resume and some questions to test your ability to think on the spot. Recruiters want to see whether you have finance skills and are interested in fintech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Same process as everyone else on here. Got to the in-person interview in SF & I had 4 interviews, 2 "good cop" 2 "bad cop" interviews with a test at the end. Was told I would hear back within 2 weeks, that was end of March. After following up, I still have not heard back to this day. So unprofessional from a large established company.

Interview Questions

• Excel test   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped someone   Answer Question
    • Asking you to explain specific details on resume such as group projects, what you specifically did in previous experience   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Great experience. Really nice team and not too hard of an interview. k

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. The initial interview was on campus with an HR representative. Then went to the NY office for the final interviews. Started with a product demo, then four back to back 30 minute interviews. Then took two short logic tests and met with the head of the NY office.

Interview Questions

• Why FactSet? Tell me about a time you solved a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet (Smithfield, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

Didn't like it, the lady who interview me looked like she wanted to end the interview the moment i walked in. The questions were fair, with one exception. Took 8 days for them to reply, called multiple times and got no responses.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach a 2 year old excel? How would you describe excel to a 2 year old   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Several rounds -- 1) on campus 2) phone 3) office
    Once in the office round, you will meet with 4 different interviewers throughout the day.
    Everyone is very welcoming and makes sure that you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing you have ever gotten away with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my university, then contacted to do an in person interview. After this, you can get invited to go to an office and go through some more rounds of interviews with other staff members. The on site interview is meeting with 4 or 5 people and each person takes you through a different exercise. One was a repeat of the in person interview, one was an excel skills test, another was reading comprehension, one was financial skills evaluation, and another one was a written test.