FactSet Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

They visited my university's career fair, where I made an effort to speak to them. I was excited to go to the first round interview, which was 30 mins, and was conducted by a person in HR. I think this was the biggest joke of an interview I have ever had... the person asked me about my resume line by line, reading through it as she went. It was obvious she hadn't read it before and seemed unfamiliar with the name of the Fortune 500 company I had worked for the summer before. She was friendly and I thought maybe they were just looking for personality in that brief 30 minutes? No idea. I wanted the position before I was interviewed, but left unsure because I found the interview so peculiar (it was like reading my resume outloud, which seemed unproductive). It was not a difficult interview but that also made it seem like it wasn't serious.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2010.

Interview

Initial 30 Minute Interview Off Site.
    2nd Round Interview On Site at Headquaters.
    6 - 30 minute Rotating Interviews

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Factset?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (San Mateo, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was quick and simple. Just simple personality questions as well as questions about my past employment and why I chose Factset. They like to set up interviews with enough time for you to ask questions so make sure you have few questions in mind to ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that would set you apart from all the other candidates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

Got the first interview from an employee referral. I then had a phone interview with a person from HR, followed by another interview from a consultant manager. Pretty simple, straight-forward interviews.

I was then brought in to Norwalk for an in-person interview. They paid for a hotel for the night before as well. It consisted of 4 30 minute 1on1 interviews with consultant managers. I thought I did well, but received an email a few days later saying that they would not be giving me an offer.

Everyone at the office was very nice, and it was an overall good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (San Mateo, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume a few days before I got a reply, inviting me to attend an info-session about FactSet and to interview with them. The info-session was uneventful and rather dull. The English guy doing the presentation basically repeated over and over again that FactSet values loyalty, which isn't calculated in years spent with the company but rather means they reward those who are the best consultants consistently. Duh. Doesn't every company reward top performers? Consultants are expected to travel a lot (60% is the figure they offered). From what I gathered, after consultant, one can advance to sales or managing. Why anyone would want to advance to sales boggles my mind.
    I was interviewed the next day but the same guy. He asked me a few questions and talked about his experience, basically repeating what he had said at the infosession even though I told him I had been there. At the end of the interview, I was informed he was only interviewing for the San Mateo office, when I had applied for the Norwalk office, as the only reason I had applied for this position was to get a job on the East Coast. He told me to email someone to forward my resume to the correct office. I emailed said person and was told to ask someone else. At that point, I had lost interest and gave up.
    The company seemed decent for those who fit their personality type. I think they have a soccer team or something? The infosession and interview were not at all unpleasant, but I was just a little confused why I wasn't even interviewing for the office I had applied to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

Was referred by a employee which they take seriously. Set up a phone interview with HR and had to reschedule 3 times as she happened to not be there when I called each time. Finally got to speak to her which was just to see if you wanted the job and basic resume review and interest in the position. Very straightforward. Got an email 30 mins later to set up a in person interview.

The interview lasted from about 9:00-2:50 and consisted of a demo of the product, 5 seperate 30 min interviews where you will repeat the same thing to 5 different people. Basic resume overview and why Factset, why Finance, why did you choose your college. Basic interview which is like a conversation which is very easy going. Then you get taken out to lunch followed by a meeting with a senior manager or vp. We then sat on a few calls with a current consultant. Everyone seemed to enjoy working there and was a goof experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Got the first interview through my college's career center, and was interviewed on campus. The interview was very basic and consisted solely of going through my resume.

Got asked back to interview at their office a few weeks later. The 9am interview consisted of meeting with 4 different senior employees and again pretty much going through my resume (and offered lots of time for me to ask questions). Then we sat on the phone with other consultants to see what exactly the job was. Afterwards a few consultants took my group of interviewees out to lunch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (San Mateo, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was called in Early August for a phone interview with the Connecticut office. The interviewer had me walk through my resume and asked me questions such as, "Why the financial field?", "Why FactSet?", and 'What makes you a good consultant?". From there I was flown to San Mateo, CA, where we had 5 interviews. The interviews ranged from personality screening and questions about work ethic and leadership to logic puzzles and a group exercise. Each interview was slightly different with each interviewer looking for a different quality. Overall, I felt that the interviews were fair and quick.

Interview Questions

• How would describe the current state of the markets?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good leader?   Answer Question
    • What do you want out of a manager?   Answer Question
    • If clock hands equal 0 degrees at 12:00 and 180 degrees at 6:00, then what is the acute angle between the hour hand and minute hand when the clock is at 3:15?   2 Answers
    • How many cubes within a Rubix cube have 1 or more stickers on them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (San Mateo, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I just interviewed with fact set on my campus a week ago. I don't have a lot of info yet, but they asked me how I would teach my grandmother to use Excel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at my University's career fair, and was invited to interview with Factset the following week. The interview was very laid back, and you can tell they definitely want to find people who fit their company culture. While a few questions relate to either Excel skills, the financial markets, etc; the majority of the questions revolve around who you are as a person. Great people. Great company. Incredibly professional process.

Interview Questions

• Rate your Excel skills on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question
    • Tell me one thing that really interests you going on in today's financial markets?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about 2 Excel functions that you're familiar with?   Answer Question
    • Who are you as a person? What do you do for fun?   Answer Question