FactSet Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. 6 interviews, mostly with the heads of the groups. Personality, skills, and general "likability" and employee-fit type questions. It was not too stressful. Be ready to discuss yourself. And have a good personality. Without it, you will not get the job. Ask questions and never discuss salary, until you get the offer, of course.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Was given a short presentation of the software, then had 4 or 5 separate interviews where they mostly walked through my resume and asked basic interview type questions. Then took the three candidates out to lunch at a pretty nice restaurant by Bryant Park.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (San Mateo, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

FactSet Consulting Managers know what they want and go after it fast. After speaking with them at the career fair at my school and leaving my resume, a recruiter called a few days later and asked me to come in for an all-day interview the next day. There were four of us interviewing at the same time. We were called in one at a time by 4 different managers and interviewed 1:1 with them for about 20 minutes each. Like any interview, there were expected questions such as "Why FactSet" and unexpected questions such as "Tell me something you wouldn't want me to know about you." They seemed to look for whether or not they want to work with the interviewee and whether or not s/he has quick problem solving abilities and excellent communication skills. My interview process took 1 day; they called me and offered me a position that following evening. I was thrilled by the news and accepted the offer about 1 week later. I decided to work there because I am attracted to the dynamic of the culture and working environment, the young people, and ultimately, what FactSet does as a company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you wouldn't want me to know about you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (San Mateo, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

basically a superday, interviewed around 5-6 people one on one for around 30 minutes, did a presentation about the history of factset's growth and acquisitions over the course of its existenceto a panel of consultants and senior consultants. did a group brainteaser problem. then had lunch with 2 of its consultants.

Interview Questions

• what is something you don't want us to know about you?   Answer Question
    • explain a situation where you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

On campus interview then got invited to Chicago for final round interview. Everything was paid for and the night before a couple employees took myself and 2 other candidates out to dinner. The next day started with a product demo then three consectutive 1 on 1 interviews with all basic questions about resume/interest in FactSet/behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (San Mateo, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

1on1 interview on campus. I was selected for the second round and flown to San Mateo. Interviewed with 5 managers which lasted all morning. There were some brain teaser questions but otherwise straightforward. Received an email a few weeks later that I did not get the position. I thought the brainteasers and group brainteasers were a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• If this rubics cube were made of sugar cubes and all of the cubes on the outside got wet and I had to get rid of them, how many sugar cubes would be left?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Seattle, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

The phone interview was more or less historical, but it did include some behavioral questions to determine fit into the company culture. The interviewer was pleasant and gave me some basic information on the position. I did not make it to second round interviews, thus I have limited information to offer to help others. I had requested to reschedule the appointment without luck.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind relocating to San Mateo?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of leadership and teamwork in your most recent previous work experiences.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2007.

Interview

It started with a phoen Interview. This lasted thirty minutes and recieved an email the next day from a hiring manager to come in for a quick 30 minute first round interview. When I went in I met with a manager and anotehr person currently in the position I was applyign for. It was a basic interview consistingof questiosn about prior expereicne why I want to work for the company. When I left they told me I woudl either be contacted and invited for a final round interview or not be selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in March 2009.

Interview

six small mini sessions with the four main managers, one person from hr and one person who is in the current position you are applying for. A brief demonstration of the system that you would be using and listening in on calls to the company which you would one day be handling. Great company the people couldn't be an nicer and the environment was very relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (San Mateo, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview but it did not seem like I every really had a real chance at employment. I think there is a huge advantage to meeting with them in person to have a one on one interview. Most questions were based on personality traits to see if I would be suitable.