FactSet Financial Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Financial Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.8

Financial Consultant Interview

Interview

3 test
Maths
Finance
Excel

Interview Questions

• Maths test- Just general calculations nothing special
    Finance test- Some random questions, but a broad idea and knowledge of the financial world is of help..
    Excel test- basic Excel sorting and so on, VLOOKUPS AND PIVOT TABLES   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview With HR + 3 Tests.
    HR Interview:
    Pretty basic, nothing technical.
    Questions on CV, competency based, and, motivation for the job.

Tests:
    Finance - As I am from a non finance background I found this the most difficult but still pretty easy . Just brush up on your financial terms
    Maths test - Algebra based
    Excel Test -
    The test are not difficult at all, you will have more than enough time to finish them all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

After submitted my application online, I received the 1st assessment day consists of an interview with a HR and the three tests. The HR told me there is going to a group discussion, panel interview and a 10 mins micro-tech session. Hope I can get through it!!!

Interview Questions

• Question includes How did you know FactSet? How did you find your last job? Why a role in an IT firm?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FactSet in January 2011.

Interview

Got an invite from HR Manager for assesment day.
    Very quick and easy tests in excel, finance and maths.

Then interview where tthere was a HR rep and a Consultant. It was a laid back interview where they went through my CV, about the role, company and skills.

Interview Questions

• None really. What skills do you think the role needs maybe.   Answer Question

Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

FactSet contacted me less than a week after I sent cv+cover by email to apply for the graduate position.
    They proposed me a date and time asking me a confirmation of mobile and underlining that the phone interview would be about my motivations to work for FactSet.
    Since I am not a native English speaker, I was worried about listening skills but I did not understand only one question about financial situation that I replied with a general answer.
    Besides that, the interviewer was careful about my real knowledge about the activity of FactSet, their competitors, products and the role of consultant in the company.
    No technical questions, only one question about the financial crisis

Interview Questions

• Could you give me an example to demonstrate your communicative skills or dedication to the customer/person?   1 Answer

See What FactSet Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros: “Free lunch, correspondence with C level suite at clients, overall willingness for people to help. FactSet is a great place to begin your career - from both a Consulting and Sales side...”“Free lunch, correspondence with C level suite at clients, overall willingness for people to help. FactSet is a great place to begin your career - from both a Consulting and Sales side of things, Regular correspondence with C level clients will begin early, allowing you to build up your sales and consulting skills (transferrable). Free lunch is pretty awesome too. Generally, the people you work with are smart, driven, and like to have fun. Some of my better friends were from FactSet. The managers I had were superb. Overall, a great experience.” – Full Review