FactSet Graduate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.1

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2016.

Interview

I signed up for a campus interview. Consisted mostly of behavioral questions, very structured with little added commentary to the responses. Interviewer questioned my experiences listed on my resume a few times

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online at the end of August, answering some standard application questions (why do you want to work at FactSet etc.) Following this there is a 3 step process.

Video Interview: You're sent an email explaining how to set the whole thing up. The interview itself was fine, the interviewer was very friendly and helped make it comfortable. Interview was half personal/CV questions and half slightly more technical ones. Every question she asked had been mentioned in previous reviews, so look over them.

A few days after that I was informed I was successful and was invited to an assessment centre the following week. That's split up into 4 separate tests:
    First there was a test on the FactSet platform, we were shown a 20 minute video tutorial one how to use some basic functionality of it and then were given a 10 minute test afterwards. Fairly straightforward as long as you pay attention to the video and read the questions carefully.
    Straight after that is an Excel test. Also fairly simple, but brush up on some slightly more difficult concepts such as sorting and vlookup.
    Following that we were split into groups and asked to do a group exercise. We were given 20 minutes to sort some tasks in order of priority, be sure to consider the consequences for clients and whether the tasks are "proactive" or "reactive".
    After that came the MicroTeach, possibly one of the more important tests of the day. You basically have to teach a topic of your choice for 10 minutes. They'll give you a brief beforehand with a few more details. The best advice I would give is make it a topic you can be enthusiastic about, some of the unsuccessful candidates I saw chose topics that were fairly nondescript (paper planes, origami) and so their presentations came across as a little more boring.

After that you're given lunch for an hour or so, and then they'll come in and tell you who the successful candidates were, these candidates then have a final interview the same day.

My interview was similar to many others, a lot of questions about my CV and motivations. And then some questions about the company (products, recent acquisitions). I didn't get an offer following this, my guess is because I didn't do a financial degree and so lacked some of the knowledge and experience that other candidates had.

Interview Questions

• How would IM, IB and FI use the FactSet platform differently?   Answer Question
    • Who are FactSet's competitors?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Started with math and Finance test following a video Interview then an invitation to the assessment centre. The Assessment centre had 4 stages. 1) Use of Factset terminal after watching a 20min demo 2)Excel exercise 3) Team presentation 4) Micro Teach

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

3 stages: video interview, assessment center comprising of MICRO TEACH(this is the most important part), Basic Excel(Conditional Formatting, min, max, Vlookup) , Group Work(Prioritise the given tasks), Fact set screen demo test.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about FactSet? What are its main competitors and what is its competitive edge? difference between investment management, investment banking and fixed income. What difficulty might you have while facing clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Video interview: You'll be sent a link through your email explaining how to set it up. Very simple to do so. You're able to use either your phone or laptop but I would suggest using your laptop. When you are logged on and ready, someone will join the conversation/meeting. The interviewer will just introduce themselves and start the interview. The interview felt comfortable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• - What is the difference between Investment Management & Investment Banking?
      - What do you think a consultant does at FactSet?
      - Who are Factset competitors?
      - What sets Factset apart from its Competitors?
      - Explain a time you provided excellent customer service?
      - What skill do you feel you have gained from your recent employment?
      - What skills does a consultant need a factset?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Online Finance & Numerical Test - Quite easy to complete especially if you have a Finance background.

2. Short Telephone Interview - Basic questions about your work history and academic history.

3. Assessment Centre - 1. Excel Test - Basic skills such as Vlookup, IfLogic, Alphabetical Ordering 2. Group Activity (Order a group of tasks in terms of priority) 3. MicroTeach - You have to teach the other candidates a skill or concept of your own choosing. You have 10mins.

4. Final 1hr Panel Interview - Questions about your motivations for working at FactSet as well as what other jobs you're applying for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

It is a 30-mins video interview. HR is really friendly with smiles in the whole process. She asked a few basic questions in 1. Intro yourself. 2. How much you know about FactSet 3. What do you know about the consultant in FactSet 4. What problem you may face in the client-facing?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Applied in October 2016 with CV, covering letter,and some open questions.

2. Was informed they arrange the online tests only after the application closing date, which was 28th Feb 2017. Tests assigned in early March, including a 30-min math test and a 30-min finance test. Both to be completed within 3 days and are quite easy if you're from a finance background. The emails says you will hear back within 5 days but I was informed after a month.

3. A month later was informed that I passed the OT and got invited to a 30-min live video interview. The interview was structured as below:
    1) CV-related: what responsibilities for each role of your work experience; why did you choose this university subject; why are you interested in technology
    2) Motivation: what's your understanding of consulting at factset? What consultants do on a daily basis? Who are clients? Who are competitors? What differ factset from its competitors?
    3) Technical: Factset has mainly 3 teams: IB,IM and FX. What are their differences and how can Factset help clients in IB, IM and FX? What services an investment banker in M&A will look for?
    The interviewer was really professional, nice and friendly. At the end of the interview,she said she'd send the outcome email in the afternoon, really efficient compared with the previous stages. About 4-5 hours later got the email inviting me to the AC exactly one week later.

4. AC (half-day) 10 candidates (2 goups)
    The AC consists of 4 parts: Factset test, Excel test, Group discussion and Micro teach. Due to the network problem we started quite late so didn't have time for the networking session. After 20 min introduction video we were asked to complete a series of instructions and save the screen within a time limit (can't remember the exact time); then the excel tests to be completed within 20 min. I didn't do well in this part as the laptop stuck for a moment then I missed the last few seconds in the intro video, so definitely concentrate on the video! The excel was okay as an average user.
    Group discussion is prioritising a pile of tasks, including what tasks are not to be done today. Focus on clients and think about the potential consequences. Last part was the micro teach, which was the most interesting part I think. Don't choose a topic that consumes too much time, otherwise you can't finish it within 10 min. Practice the presentation beforehand and think about whether your audience can follow you. I messed up on this part, but I really enjoyed other people's teaching.

Overall my experience was positive. Factset is a professional company with very good culture and people. The assessors are current consultants and managers, and they are very patient in answering any questions. Drinks and refreshments were provided.

After the AC there will be a final round interview with managers. As I didn't do well in the AC I probably would give another try next year. The process was quite efficient after the closing date.

Interview Questions

• Who are the competitors of FactSet?   2 Answers

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

I applied online, got an invitation to the finance and numerical tests both of which I passed and in the latter I was invited to an interview. The interviewer was so kind and relaxed and made me feel comfortable while asking some competency based questions and financial ones.Make sure you know the difference between investment management investment banking and fixed income. Also brush up on some other financial knowledge such as solutions for Mergers and Acquisition.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why this position? Why Factset?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great

Graduate Consultant Interview

Interview

1) Online Form + CV & Cover Letter
    2) Numeracy + Finance Tests- Quite easy, just brush up on mental maths and knowledge of the stock exchange in different countries (also indexes in the stock exchange).
    3) 30 Minute Video Interview
    4) Assessment Centre- Icebreaker, Excel Test, Factset Test, Microteach

Interview Questions

• Why Factset?

Who are FactSet Competitors?

How will you use FactSet workstation to help with a Merger & Acquisition   Answer Question