FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet in February 2017.

Interview

Met recruiter in a career fair at my university and handed over my resume.Got an email for technical phone interview (30 mins).I scheduled it for the next week.Was all prepared with data sturcture,oops,dbms concepts.One hour before my interview I got an email from the interviewer that it would not just be a technical phone interview,rather it would be a live coding session on collabedit.I was not prepared for this but I had no choice.He asked me just one problem solving question and interview went for 45 mins.I got a reject mail the next day.

Interview Questions

• input would be like key- value pair.for eg this- that,is-was,like-for ...and given a string with no spaces we have to replace any string which is in the key part of the map with the value part.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is not so difficult. Mainly focus on the basic data structure. For example compare merge sort and quick sort. And some basic problems about Object Object pattern of C++. And a very easy algorithm problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I've been applying in wustl career fair. And got an interview on next day morning. It's too soon for me that I don't even have time to prepare so I got denied.

Junior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Hanover, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

I was told that the position was hold at the point I applied, but she'd like to talk to me as a network connection. It was a recruiter interview so I just talked about my background. It was like she was filling up a application for me (I was interior referred so I didn't fill up the online applications).

I'm actually an international student so I said I need sponsor in the future. She said they don't offer sponsor to interaction designers, so... the interview was done....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career plan and related experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through our school's online career board. Extremely fast turnaround with notification for interview in less than a week. I met with an software engineer in-person for a 1:1 interview on campus. Standard technical interview, asked about data structures (in my case hash tables) followed by a coding question. The interviewer was fairly enthusiastic and open to discussing the ins and outs of the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how to check if a string is a palindrome. Followed up by asking how to check if inserting, deleting, or replacing a character would result in a palindrome.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview which is basically a screening process. I have a background in data analysis but my interview mostly consisted of data structures and multi-threading. I couldn't answer clearly and it was definitely my fault that I didn't review data structures and threads to brush up the concepts. For any future aspirants I would advice you to go through data structures and threads.

Interview Questions

• What are the requirements for an object to be used as a hash key for a given HashMap?
      Given a network thread and set of worker threads, how would you manage the processing of the data?
      How would you make sure that all data has been processed from the network queue?
      How would you make sure while distributing the network load that the threads are not busy?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2016.

Interview

I signed up for a campus interview. Consisted mostly of behavioral questions, very structured with little added commentary to the responses. Interviewer questioned my experiences listed on my resume a few times

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my university, then contacted to do an in person interview. After this, you can get invited to go to an office and go through some more rounds of interviews with other staff members. The on site interview is meeting with 4 or 5 people and each person takes you through a different exercise. One was a repeat of the in person interview, one was an excel skills test, another was reading comprehension, one was financial skills evaluation, and another one was a written test.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a first round behavioral interview on campus. I was asked back for an onsite interview in Chicago, where I went in a spent a good chunk of the day in interviews. First they had a mini seminar on how to use the software, then I interviewed with about four different people with various positions around the office. It ended with a brain teasers quiz and then we were taken out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question