FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

565 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Waste of time. The day-to-day described in the interview did not match the description listed online. Hiring manager was condescending and did not do their research before contacting me as it was obviously not a fit.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

A telephonic interview and 5 rounds of onsite interviews. Contacted the team leader on LinkedIn and proceeded with the process. Interviewed with the whole team. The experience was pretty good.

Interview Questions

• Knapsack problem via Dynamic programming. Binary search trees.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Was interviewed at my university by one of the recruiters. She was texting on her cell-phone during parts of the interview, and didn't offer much insight on the job itself. I did not receive a second round interview, and when I emailed her back saying thank you and asking for feedback for future interviews, she said she didn't have any.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe excel to a 5 year old? What's your dream job? What's a VLOOKUP?   Answer Question

Global Client Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Long interview with many different parts that looks at each candidate in depth. There is a group exercise, four individual interviews, and written quizzes. It is a long day but they look to find the best person for the job

Interview Questions

• We were asked to perform a teaching portion and teach a skill   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The first round was a 30 min Skype interview asking very general questions about myself and my work experience. The interviewer was very kind and very attentive. The interview felt like a good conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your university and why did you pick your major?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Great experience. Really nice team and not too hard of an interview. k

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

On campus 30 minute interview. Mostly questions related to your background/resume and some questions to test your ability to think on the spot. Recruiters want to see whether you have finance skills and are interested in fintech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Same process as everyone else on here. Got to the in-person interview in SF & I had 4 interviews, 2 "good cop" 2 "bad cop" interviews with a test at the end. Was told I would hear back within 2 weeks, that was end of March. After following up, I still have not heard back to this day. So unprofessional from a large established company.

Interview Questions

• Excel test   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped someone   Answer Question
    • Asking you to explain specific details on resume such as group projects, what you specifically did in previous experience   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Interview

HR was really nice and very prompt. However interviewer seemed to be a software engineer with not much background in interviewing people. Even though I applied for a software engineer position and I informed him that I have not worked with web technologies much, he kept on asking web related stuff instead of OOP concept or any programming question or anything in general other than web technologies.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet in February 2017.

Interview

Met recruiter in a career fair at my university and handed over my resume.Got an email for technical phone interview (30 mins).I scheduled it for the next week.Was all prepared with data sturcture,oops,dbms concepts.One hour before my interview I got an email from the interviewer that it would not just be a technical phone interview,rather it would be a live coding session on collabedit.I was not prepared for this but I had no choice.He asked me just one problem solving question and interview went for 45 mins.I got a reject mail the next day.

Interview Questions

• input would be like key- value pair.for eg this- that,is-was,like-for ...and given a string with no spaces we have to replace any string which is in the key part of the map with the value part.   1 Answer