FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

843 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process and interview process is forst you will have your exam in the desired position then if you pass you'll have an hr interview just basic questions ang basic acctg terms and if you pass you're going to have your technical interview with the team lead and if you pass again, final interview last.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I applied online and reached out to someone within the company. About a week later, a manager reached out with a request to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview happened soon after with two other managers in the office. About two weeks later, the company called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe any disaster (natural or man-made) that has had a recent impact on the financial markets?   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY).

Interview

I dealt with Annie out of Norwalk and she was phenomenal! She was straight forward from the start and ultimately treated me like she was a friend of mine, not stranger. There were a lot more interviews than expected (about 7). But ever I dealt with was very pleasant and the overall experience was great.

Interview Questions

• If you have 7 balls and a two side scale, what is the least amount of attempts you can have to see which ball is the heaviest?

You have three buckets, two of them are oranges and one is an apple. How do you know which buckets contain what items if you can only look in one bucket?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Was interviewed at my university by one of the recruiters. She was texting on her cell-phone during parts of the interview, and didn't offer much insight on the job itself. I did not receive a second round interview, and when I emailed her back saying thank you and asking for feedback for future interviews, she said she didn't have any.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe excel to a 5 year old? What's your dream job? What's a VLOOKUP?   Answer Question

Global Client Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Long interview with many different parts that looks at each candidate in depth. There is a group exercise, four individual interviews, and written quizzes. It is a long day but they look to find the best person for the job

Interview Questions

• We were asked to perform a teaching portion and teach a skill   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Interview

Initially had a phone interview which began with an overview of the company and the internship program. Then the interviewer asked some basic technical questions and some behavioral questions.

About a week and a half after that, I received a positive response and was called in for an on site interview. The on-site began with 3 technical interviews, beginning with a code review. I was given code in c++, which I am not too familiar with because my background is mainly Java/Python, but the interview was more focused on the concepts used than the actual syntax. The second interview was a design interview, and the third was a algorithms/data structures interview.

Then, another interviewee and I were taken out to lunch by two former interns and then the remaining interview was with one of the senior directors and was more behavioral.

Overall, everyone I encountered was pleasant and seemed like they really enjoyed working there.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I applied online after going to a job fair and received an e-mail saying I would be contacted for a over the phone technical interview. During the phone interview, I was asked a few simple OO questions and was told I would be contacted about an in-person interview later. I never received any information and when I contacted them again I was told they'd be looking for other candidates.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would associate specific values with specific strings   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Several days later I was contacted to set up an online interview. Preliminary video interview. Very casual and welcoming. Asked about my history, my resume, why factset, why consulting, decision on school and major, etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had one on campus interview in a job fair. One telephonic screening interview which was easy and covered the fundamentals of algorithms and data structures. A series of technical and HR interviews on-site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

On campus 30 minute interview. Mostly questions related to your background/resume and some questions to test your ability to think on the spot. Recruiters want to see whether you have finance skills and are interested in fintech