FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet (Smithfield, RI) in February 2017.

Interview

Didn't like it, the lady who interview me looked like she wanted to end the interview the moment i walked in. The questions were fair, with one exception. Took 8 days for them to reply, called multiple times and got no responses.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach a 2 year old excel? How would you describe excel to a 2 year old   1 Answer

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I got a phone call from the leading financial engineer, we discuss about a fix income problem, it is about the time value of the bond, and then I was ask to describe a structure of a programming idea using Cpp. He likes the answer, and I was invited to a on-site interview in Chicago office. It is followed by 3 one on one interviews in the morning and 2 one on one interview in the afternoon. Lots of question about fix income market and conceptual cpp question. And also some algorithm question and some question about the black-sholes and stochastic and martingale theory. Most of them are very basic questions, but the time length of the interview process is a bit long, all together, the length is approximately 6 hours. The financial engineering team is very kind and patient. And senior people will take you out for a nice lunch. But they are very picky about the skill you possess, and you should be extra smart when you meet the head of the team in the afternoon, very smart person and might ask you some algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• MBS, CDS price of the bond(using bootstrap to derive the bond price), oop programming in cpp(basic conceptual question), walk through the resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is not so difficult. Mainly focus on the basic data structure. For example compare merge sort and quick sort. And some basic problems about Object Object pattern of C++. And a very easy algorithm problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I've been applying in wustl career fair. And got an interview on next day morning. It's too soon for me that I don't even have time to prepare so I got denied.

Junior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Hanover, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

I was told that the position was hold at the point I applied, but she'd like to talk to me as a network connection. It was a recruiter interview so I just talked about my background. It was like she was filling up a application for me (I was interior referred so I didn't fill up the online applications).

I'm actually an international student so I said I need sponsor in the future. She said they don't offer sponsor to interaction designers, so... the interview was done....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career plan and related experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through our school's online career board. Extremely fast turnaround with notification for interview in less than a week. I met with an software engineer in-person for a 1:1 interview on campus. Standard technical interview, asked about data structures (in my case hash tables) followed by a coding question. The interviewer was fairly enthusiastic and open to discussing the ins and outs of the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how to check if a string is a palindrome. Followed up by asking how to check if inserting, deleting, or replacing a character would result in a palindrome.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in November 2016.

Interview

I applied FactSet on the campus career fair and got a campus interview on next day. Later I've received an onsite interview invitation. The onsite interview has many rounds which contain technique interviews and HR/Manager interviews. The whole process is smooth and comfortable. People there are really nice and smart.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Several rounds -- 1) on campus 2) phone 3) office
    Once in the office round, you will meet with 4 different interviewers throughout the day.
    Everyone is very welcoming and makes sure that you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing you have ever gotten away with?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview which is basically a screening process. I have a background in data analysis but my interview mostly consisted of data structures and multi-threading. I couldn't answer clearly and it was definitely my fault that I didn't review data structures and threads to brush up the concepts. For any future aspirants I would advice you to go through data structures and threads.

Interview Questions

• What are the requirements for an object to be used as a hash key for a given HashMap?
      Given a network thread and set of worker threads, how would you manage the processing of the data?
      How would you make sure that all data has been processed from the network queue?
      How would you make sure while distributing the network load that the threads are not busy?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.