FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Onsite Interview
    Some tech questions about algo and data structure and object oriented design
    and talk with director about my intern experience and web develop.
    Lunch with two engineers.
    Great culture and people here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my university, then contacted to do an in person interview. After this, you can get invited to go to an office and go through some more rounds of interviews with other staff members. The on site interview is meeting with 4 or 5 people and each person takes you through a different exercise. One was a repeat of the in person interview, one was an excel skills test, another was reading comprehension, one was financial skills evaluation, and another one was a written test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a first round behavioral interview on campus. I was asked back for an onsite interview in Chicago, where I went in a spent a good chunk of the day in interviews. First they had a mini seminar on how to use the software, then I interviewed with about four different people with various positions around the office. It ended with a brain teasers quiz and then we were taken out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Troy, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through school I was attending and had interview on campus. Night before the interview the interviewer gave a presentation on what consultants did at Factset and what Factset did. It wasn't until this presentation that I realized entry level FactSet consultants don't do anything besides telling clients how to use the software.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Just an online test and then they would give you phone interview. I applied for an intern position and heard back quickly from a HR. You just need to schedule finish 3 online test technical problems.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do your think about FactSet.
      2.What kind of environment you want to work in?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at the University Career fair and they encouraged me to apply online.
    Got a phone interview scheduled.
    During the phone interview asked me about my previous work and some data structure questions.
    Was expecting Java questions but asked me a lot of C++/C questions.
    Couldn't understand the interviewer at times.
    Also had me go online to type out some algorithms on collabedit.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a circular Queue?   Answer Question
    • How can you check if a Binary Tree is a Binary Search Tree   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, 30-minute on-campus behavioral interview, followed by second round interview on-site. The on-campus interview was a rather straightforward behavioral interview, and the second round focused on meeting with other Consultants and multiple interviews with managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The day started by going out to lunch with two young FactSet Consultants. Following lunch, we returned to the office. We were given a demo of the software and we were then interviewed by four of the FactSet managers. Each manager had their own set of questions. During one of the interviews we were asked to complete a brain teaser quiz.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY).

Interview

It was easy. There were maybe 2 basic excel questions. Also show your interest in the market. These can be pretty broad. Show that you a sociable person as well, seeing as the job requires trainings and a lot of face2face interaction. I found that there was one hardo manager interview, and another nice manager interview. Classic play. Just recognize its a facade (hopefuly lol) and treat it like a joke. Thats what I did, and it was chill.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume through employee referral. Heard from HR within a few days, scheduled a phone screening, which took about 20 minutes. Contacted within another few days regarding an in person interview with 4 consultant managers and their boss. Also included a demo of the platform and lunch with two consultants. Heard from HR again within a few hours after the interview and was offered the job. Overall simple and quick process. Very positive!

Interview Questions

• behavioral/situational questions, strengths and weaknesses, your interest in the company and role and industry, typical questions...   Answer Question