FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, 30-minute on-campus behavioral interview, followed by second round interview on-site. The on-campus interview was a rather straightforward behavioral interview, and the second round focused on meeting with other Consultants and multiple interviews with managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The day started by going out to lunch with two young FactSet Consultants. Following lunch, we returned to the office. We were given a demo of the software and we were then interviewed by four of the FactSet managers. Each manager had their own set of questions. During one of the interviews we were asked to complete a brain teaser quiz.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY).

Interview

It was easy. There were maybe 2 basic excel questions. Also show your interest in the market. These can be pretty broad. Show that you a sociable person as well, seeing as the job requires trainings and a lot of face2face interaction. I found that there was one hardo manager interview, and another nice manager interview. Classic play. Just recognize its a facade (hopefuly lol) and treat it like a joke. Thats what I did, and it was chill.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume through employee referral. Heard from HR within a few days, scheduled a phone screening, which took about 20 minutes. Contacted within another few days regarding an in person interview with 4 consultant managers and their boss. Also included a demo of the platform and lunch with two consultants. Heard from HR again within a few hours after the interview and was offered the job. Overall simple and quick process. Very positive!

Interview Questions

• behavioral/situational questions, strengths and weaknesses, your interest in the company and role and industry, typical questions...   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in July 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview discussing yourself and series of questions about experiences. The interviewer was nice but simply asked questions and then moved on. Seemed to brush off some answers and just reading a series of predetermined questions and write what I said. I felt like I had to rant to get out what I wanted to say because there was no follow up questions.

The questions were relevant, as well as, fairly standard for the position. Nothing out of the ordinary was asked based on the type of company and the position.

Replied with an email about a week later stating the result of whether or not you move forward.

RMS Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet in June 2016.

Interview

Standard Interview process but the terms of service for their job were onerous. Their application included the following Language

"I hereby authorize each former employer to open my personnel file to a representative of this company.

I hereby authorize any former employers or any other persons given as references (unless otherwise noted) to answer any questions that may be asked."

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Get a demo of the factset software from a consultant and then proceed to go through 4 interviews (about 30 mins each) with 4 different managers. Nice people and ask mainly behavioral questions or asked you to talk them through your resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain the stock maket to a six year old? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Youngstown, OH).

Interview

Basic process overall. Simple phone screening and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with two managers of the Youngstown office. There were not any questions meant to throw you off... it was fairly standard and relaxed. Got a call about a week later with an offer. They want you to sign the contract ASAP. Ask for you to give a verbal commitment on the phone and then sign within a day.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding the competitors for a company?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and got a call in a week to schedule for a 30 minute technical interview with one of their software engineers. Got a second round call for a shared online coding interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to data structures, stack, heap memory, SQL
      Tell me about yourself
      1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in May 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was one super day starting off with a demo and group brain teaser, followed by a series technical and behavioral interviews. Then an excel test and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about the current news in the financial markets.   Answer Question