FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR via an email to schedule a general phone screen. I spoke to the HR and then she asked for a scheduling a technical phone screen with the hiring manager. He asked me a few questions on DS, Algorithms and DB. Next round was live coding on collabedit with phone with the hiring manager and one more engineer form his team. Next, an onsite interview was scheduled. I was first given a demo of what they do followed by 3 technical rounds (coding, design and db), 1 round with the hiring managers from 2 different teams and an HR round.

The HR is very sweet and soft spoken. Interviewers gave me hints and helped me during the interview wherever required. My overall experience with FactSet was very good.

Interview Questions

• Data structures and Algorithms
      DB and SQL
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview with a lead engineer. I know more about Java, but the interviewer is more familiar with c++. Interviewer is not quite helpful when you try to answer questions. (should have prepared more C++ concepts before)

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Came in at 9AM and toured the office. Was given a demo of FactSet. Then it was 5 interviews with different employees of the office. As well as a quick excel test, very basic and remain calm.. Thought I did well and would've been the perfect fit, but did not get an offer. Great experience overall. Great people. All the the interviews were mostly behavioral with maybe a couple basic technical questions..

Interview Questions

• Why FactSet? What is the difference between a balance sheet and an income statement? Why customer service?   Answer Question

Partners Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round was a basic phone interview, focused mostly on behavioral questions, explaining FactSet and the Partners product and a general overview of technical skills. The second round interview was at their office in NYC, where I was given 4 tests. The first three tests were in math, logic and programming and I was given an hour to complete all three. After those were completed, I was given a financial research report full of various errors (spelling, grammar, formatting, mostly content itself though) which I had to skim through and identify the errors in 15 minutes. After that, there was an hour long behavioral interview focused on strengths, weaknesses, and why FactSet and consulting.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your three main strengths? and what are some weaknesses?
      2. What did you most like about your previous work experiences? and what did you dislike the most?
      3. Who was your favorite manager and what do you think they did well?
      4. Why a consulting/client facing role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

They gave me a phone interview once I applied online. They were very helpful, gave hints during the coding interview. They expect you to talk about what you are thinking as you code. I personally wasnt used to this so it caught me off guard. Study algorithms and time complexities.

Interview Questions

• They went over my resume and asked my role at each position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

College fair. Got emailed a few weeks later to set up phone interview for 45 minutes. Arranged it for Friday morning at 10:00 am. Started out just talking on the phone answering questions that kind of flowed into other questions. Went on collabedit and was able to choose my preferred language, then he wrote out a problem/scenario and had me type the code to solve it. "Print out all the paths in a binary tree that sum up to a given value"...see the interview questions below for more details. Very laid back and nice. Ended with an opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me the differences between a linked list, array, array list.
      Q: Explain encapsulation and how it works
      Q: Explain inheritance and how it is beneficial/works
      Q: Describe a hash table/map and how it works to get O(1) insert/delete
      Q: How is a hash table implemented?
      Q: For the hash table/map what are different methods of insertion. How do each of them work?
      Q: Coding problem on collabedit.com: He made a BST and wanted me to "Print out all the paths in a binary tree that sum up to a given value" using semi-pseudocode.
      Q: Explain what OOP means to you.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I met them at career fair. Got an interview on campus , 30 mins technical interview. First asked about my background and projects. Then a coding problem, discussion on how can it be more efficient. Will be giving on-site interview soon.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers and a sum as input, display any one pair of numbers from the list whose sum is equal to the given sum.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I met the recruiter at the school career fair and I got invitation for technical phone interview in the next day. It was a 45 minutes technical interview with two of their engineers.The interview questions were fairly basic (data structure, garbage collector, interface and abstraction).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Troy, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was meant to be a half hour, we went a little over but the time really flew. Started off by going over some of the technical experiences I listed on my resume, then the interviewer went down through a checklist and asked me about some basic things regarding the position (e.g. do i have any experience/preference towards front end vs. back end development). After that there were a couple of basic programming knowledge questions and a quick code question.

Interview Questions

• Describe what's happening in memory when you operate on an std::vector vs. an array?
      Give a real world example of why inheritance is useful in OOP.
      Programming question: given a vector of numbers and an index, reverse the order of all numbers in that vector up to said index (e.g. [1,2,3,4,5], 2 becomes [3,2,1,4,5]).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

First round interview. Applied through resume submission before a career fair, then was contacted by a recruiter to set up either a 15 minute phone interview or an in person interview during the career fair week. I opted for the in person interview. My interviewer explained the position and she asked me some questions about projects on my resume. She had a list of topics that she asked me questions about basics: arrays vs linked lists, memory leaks in C++, stack vs heap, compiled vs interpreted languages, etc. Will be interviewing onsite in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a compiled and an interpreted language?   1 Answer