FactSet Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email after applying online which asked for a 30 minute video interview with a recruiter from Factset. The first half was asking about my past experience and education. The second half was pretty basic questions about the role and the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the stock market to your Grandma?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process and interview process is forst you will have your exam in the desired position then if you pass you'll have an hr interview just basic questions ang basic acctg terms and if you pass you're going to have your technical interview with the team lead and if you pass again, final interview last.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

A telephonic interview and 5 rounds of onsite interviews. Contacted the team leader on LinkedIn and proceeded with the process. Interviewed with the whole team. The experience was pretty good.

Interview Questions

• Knapsack problem via Dynamic programming. Binary search trees.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY).

Interview

I dealt with Annie out of Norwalk and she was phenomenal! She was straight forward from the start and ultimately treated me like she was a friend of mine, not stranger. There were a lot more interviews than expected (about 7). But ever I dealt with was very pleasant and the overall experience was great.

Interview Questions

• If you have 7 balls and a two side scale, what is the least amount of attempts you can have to see which ball is the heaviest?

You have three buckets, two of them are oranges and one is an apple. How do you know which buckets contain what items if you can only look in one bucket?   Answer Question

Global Client Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a longer process due to individual circumstances. I interviewed with multiple offices but all interviews were generally laid back and conversational. Be sure to be able to answer why you want to work with factset and demonstrate you have a clear understanding of what a consultant or whatever the role you're applying for does and operates with regard to clients. Questions are all behavioral so remember STAR and you'll be good. Be yourself and be passionate and it will show in your interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why factset? Give me two strengths and two weaknesses. Tell me something that frustrates you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is not so difficult. Mainly focus on the basic data structure. For example compare merge sort and quick sort. And some basic problems about Object Object pattern of C++. And a very easy algorithm problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through our school's online career board. Extremely fast turnaround with notification for interview in less than a week. I met with an software engineer in-person for a 1:1 interview on campus. Standard technical interview, asked about data structures (in my case hash tables) followed by a coding question. The interviewer was fairly enthusiastic and open to discussing the ins and outs of the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how to check if a string is a palindrome. Followed up by asking how to check if inserting, deleting, or replacing a character would result in a palindrome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY).

Interview

It was easy. There were maybe 2 basic excel questions. Also show your interest in the market. These can be pretty broad. Show that you a sociable person as well, seeing as the job requires trainings and a lot of face2face interaction. I found that there was one hardo manager interview, and another nice manager interview. Classic play. Just recognize its a facade (hopefuly lol) and treat it like a joke. Thats what I did, and it was chill.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume through employee referral. Heard from HR within a few days, scheduled a phone screening, which took about 20 minutes. Contacted within another few days regarding an in person interview with 4 consultant managers and their boss. Also included a demo of the platform and lunch with two consultants. Heard from HR again within a few hours after the interview and was offered the job. Overall simple and quick process. Very positive!

Interview Questions

• behavioral/situational questions, strengths and weaknesses, your interest in the company and role and industry, typical questions...   Answer Question