FactSet Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Global Client Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a longer process due to individual circumstances. I interviewed with multiple offices but all interviews were generally laid back and conversational. Be sure to be able to answer why you want to work with factset and demonstrate you have a clear understanding of what a consultant or whatever the role you're applying for does and operates with regard to clients. Questions are all behavioral so remember STAR and you'll be good. Be yourself and be passionate and it will show in your interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why factset? Give me two strengths and two weaknesses. Tell me something that frustrates you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is not so difficult. Mainly focus on the basic data structure. For example compare merge sort and quick sort. And some basic problems about Object Object pattern of C++. And a very easy algorithm problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through our school's online career board. Extremely fast turnaround with notification for interview in less than a week. I met with an software engineer in-person for a 1:1 interview on campus. Standard technical interview, asked about data structures (in my case hash tables) followed by a coding question. The interviewer was fairly enthusiastic and open to discussing the ins and outs of the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how to check if a string is a palindrome. Followed up by asking how to check if inserting, deleting, or replacing a character would result in a palindrome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY).

Interview

It was easy. There were maybe 2 basic excel questions. Also show your interest in the market. These can be pretty broad. Show that you a sociable person as well, seeing as the job requires trainings and a lot of face2face interaction. I found that there was one hardo manager interview, and another nice manager interview. Classic play. Just recognize its a facade (hopefuly lol) and treat it like a joke. Thats what I did, and it was chill.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume through employee referral. Heard from HR within a few days, scheduled a phone screening, which took about 20 minutes. Contacted within another few days regarding an in person interview with 4 consultant managers and their boss. Also included a demo of the platform and lunch with two consultants. Heard from HR again within a few hours after the interview and was offered the job. Overall simple and quick process. Very positive!

Interview Questions

• behavioral/situational questions, strengths and weaknesses, your interest in the company and role and industry, typical questions...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Get a demo of the factset software from a consultant and then proceed to go through 4 interviews (about 30 mins each) with 4 different managers. Nice people and ask mainly behavioral questions or asked you to talk them through your resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain the stock maket to a six year old? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

leave out my resume in college career fair, and got an email after a week or so that I am invited to a phone interview with a software engineer in their company.
    Phone interview: asked me to elaborate two projects listed on my resume, and then asked me a very unusual question, because it is certainly not a algorithm question, and he spent more than 10 mins to clarify the question... and I don't think he understood what I said. After that, I asked him some questions about his role in company, his team etc.. He gave a positive feedback to my performance and I got rejected the next day

Interview Questions

• design a data structure to represent a large amount of information stored in web search engine   1 Answer

Partners Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round was a basic phone interview, focused mostly on behavioral questions, explaining FactSet and the Partners product and a general overview of technical skills. The second round interview was at their office in NYC, where I was given 4 tests. The first three tests were in math, logic and programming and I was given an hour to complete all three. After those were completed, I was given a financial research report full of various errors (spelling, grammar, formatting, mostly content itself though) which I had to skim through and identify the errors in 15 minutes. After that, there was an hour long behavioral interview focused on strengths, weaknesses, and why FactSet and consulting.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your three main strengths? and what are some weaknesses?
      2. What did you most like about your previous work experiences? and what did you dislike the most?
      3. Who was your favorite manager and what do you think they did well?
      4. Why a consulting/client facing role?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

They gave me a phone interview once I applied online. They were very helpful, gave hints during the coding interview. They expect you to talk about what you are thinking as you code. I personally wasnt used to this so it caught me off guard. Study algorithms and time complexities.

Interview Questions

• They went over my resume and asked my role at each position   Answer Question