FactSet Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

2.8

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FactSet (Taguig (Philippines)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process consists of written examination, initial interview, followed by the technical inteview and lastly the final interview. It was quite long but I can say that it's all worth it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Interview process is good. There are 3 rounds written, 2 technical rounds. This is my first Interview n it was very good. But too long process we have to wait for hours.

Interview Questions

• Y factset, research analyst means, semi variable cost n explain wit example, diff bw acquisition n merger, equity n preference, financial n operating leverage. They asked me 30-40questions.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FactSet in December 2016.

Interview

First round was written test ,if you are average person you can do it easily. if you selected they will mail you for technical rounds interview letter after couple of days. After clearing technical rounds there is a HR round

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tagui (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (Tagui (Philippines)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed after 3 -4 days to invite for an exam and interview. The Exam has two parts 1) Excel - formulas and 2) Written - more on reading comprehension. (?) After the exam is the initial interview, just basic questions like expectations of the job etc. Then they will just inform you if you are qualified for the technical interview. I was invited to have the T.I. after a week I think. There are 3 team leaders that will interview you. Most questions are to test your knowledge. After that is the final interview which you will face the manager. But as for my experience, I was interviewed by the assistant manager. It's more like getting to know you and after that he said that they will inform me if I passed because they're still scanning the other applicants. but unfortunately I didn't receive any calls or email whether I passed or not.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

There will be a written and excel-based exam about finance and paraphrasing paragraphs of the said topic. Your time would be eaten because both exams took 2 hours. Then, the HR staff will interview you and you will be asked to come back in the afternoon for the interview with the Team Leaders. Yes, Team leaders. It is a panel interview with the Team Leaders. You must be well-versed with the finance industry to pass which I think I lack. The downside with this company is that they select candidates that is basically not related with the job and expect them to be actually knowledgeable already. And here I thought there would be training in order to equip you.

Interview Questions

• What is stocks? Bonds? Etc.
      What is your greatest achievement and greatest struggle/ challenge in life so far?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

1 round was written test and 2nd round was interview so we can easily pass the written test the test contains 60 marks
    10 marks fr aptitude 10 marks english nd remaining 40 marks for accounts nd finance

Application

Interview

wriiten test,technical round and hr rounds wriiten test contain 60 marks
    10 marks for english 10 marks for aptitude 40 marks for accounts nd finance
    nd written test was conducted for 60minutes it vil hav sufficent tym to answer the bits

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

basically there are 3 Rounds for this Position, written test followed by 2 Technical rounds , process was simple and Easy can clear if u have some knowledge on Financial markets

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Firstly we have to write an exam conducted by them which was about 60 questions for sixty minutes and the topics are
    English 10-15 questions
    Aptitude 10
    Finance(shares,bonds,finacial statements,Exchange traded funds ,working capital,ratios,),
    Bharati Airtel (example)fact sheet questions,
    A company purchasing of other companies article in 5-6 paragraphs and other details (some article )related questions,about reserves in the companny .
    OMR answered to be with pencil and the result be with in 15-30 minutes.
    If selected the other day will be your technical round's(2).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

first round was a written test which was quite easy, followed by two technical rounds...technical round was a bit difficult.. requires sound knowledge in accounts and finance..little knowledge of financial markets is needed to get through written test..the test also includes ten aptitude questions which any average person can answer..

Interview Questions

• mba project, BEP, capital budgeting, difference between accounts and finance etc   Answer Question