FactSet SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The initial phone interview was rather straightforward, but the interviewer was kind of short and arrogant. Normal CS-theory questions about Big-O running times for specific algorithms and what sorting methods would be optimal given a set of data.
The on-site interviews were 4 back to back interviews with two being engineering topics (algorithms and data structures was the first, in-depth system designs the second). The other two were personality and HR tests, if you consider those to be real interviews (which, I guess they kind of are).

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a relational database schema where the only method acceptable is to store data is by using plain-text files?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

the process had 4 rounds .
    1st round comprised of three technical questions categorised as easy , medium and hard . if you solve the hardest question , you will make it to the next round .

technical interview :
    concept of oops , data structures would be asked . you have to be very firm with the concept . the will ask you to improve you code in terms of complexities . dont fake in your resume . the interviewer would help you solve the question . a piece of advice , tell your approach to the interviewer at every step .

second technical interview :
    he will ask you to solve some puzzles (real life ) , ex to implement an automatic parking lot system .
    and other concepts .

hr / fit in round :
    if you make it to the hr round , you are into the company . for they call it a fit in round and see where the person is more likely to be efficient in their company.

Interview Questions

• concept of oops , strings , ds , problems on strings , ds .   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

one written and 3 technical interviews. Written has good questions on c#,WPF and SQL.
    Interviews were on basic c# and few problem solving skills. But it took long time for the process. I have to go multiple times to that place. Also the waiting time is longer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through online, Whole process took 3-4 weeks

First round was technical written test, I thought I didn't clear this round as I didn't hear from them for 1.5 week.

After that recruiter scheduled technical discussion, the way they asked the questions was good. In the same round Immediately they asked some logical questions.

Next round was Managerial round where they explained me about project and team and timings etc. Same round they asked about expected CTC also.

Next HR called me for final discussion and released the offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Logical questions, Project Architecture, Session Handling, AJAX, etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

major focus is on algorithms for the mid level candidates, for more experienced there is a lot of emphasis on design. There are different teams and each team interviews the candidate on different technologies. The teams work in C#, C++, Angular js, SQL and so on.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

FactSet's interview process is quite lengthy. An initial meet and greet is followed by an 45 minute product demonstration/discussion where comments and insightful questions are expected. Next comes a panel based technical interview lasting an hour or so. Then a lunch break with some of the interviewers where a more relaxed discussion occurs and finally an HR/soft skills interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There were two rounds of written test. The first roud was objective in that question were from ASP.Net,OOps concept and SQL. Second round was programming round in that they asked to write 5 programs

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Application + 1 hour Phone interview, 3 hours on site interview including product demo, technical screening and soft skill session. Tech part was really challenging in terms of data structure questions...

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

It started at waiting for 1 hr at gate before they eventually took us to facility.We got seated into a room and each candidate was then called one by one for entering details. This took around 1-2 hrs.Then we had Written test for design, written test for programming, Technical Interview 1, technical interview 2.

Design written test - This was nicely crafted question where they asked architectural question around a requirement.It asks basic question like DB modelling, Solution modelling, security architecture etc. This was good but will give just 90 mins. So its better to be quick and at least attempt all question.

Programming written test - This was 5 question regarding normal sorting and searching of string.very easy the thing is you have to write code on paper, which is bit difficult when we are used to writing in VSTS :)

Technical Interview 1 - The panel was really good and focused on architecture and design. Very nice set of questions around various designs of web service and ASPX.

Technical Interview 2 - This is where I was very bad experience due to two reason -

1. They will never intimate you for break and asks you to wait for 5 min for the process to get over, when they say 5 mins they will get back in at least 45 mins. I didn't had any food for 11 hrs, just coz of there poor planning and asking me to wait for 5 mins every time when you ask for break.This made me very tired at the end of the day when the interview was planned

2. The interviewer was girl and i am pretty sure when belonged to age, when c++ was discovered. She had her own logic for every question and needs same answer. If you give a different answer she will go tizzy.

Example - you have array of doubles of share values, where you have to find profitable trading rates.I wanted the answer to be easy and lucid to understand. I said dI will find the max value an min value in array where min value index < max value index. Here the index denoted the day of the month. So i am trying to find the max value and min value such that max value lies ahead of min.You can't trade reverse. I don't think she got my answer but she stressed on finding the difference of the two stock prices. Now if you find price difference you have to iterate n*n time and bit less if apply smart approach. But my approach can yield in N loop and someone has to explain her that difference will be more obviously if the max value and min value is found in that set.I now you can do it more smartly but my question was to solve not to optimize.Anyways she didn't understand anything and wanted to hear subtraction word.

she kept asking me about AJAX and old approach to problem as if the technology is rocket science and cant be learnt easily. I believed this is good company to deal with various design and architectural problem and of course language can be coded by anyone but to my surprise second interviewer was complete attached to technology requirement rather than looking on design skills. She was interviewing more of programmer than designer or SSE.

I had a very bad experience due to less planning, no sync between management, there 5 mins waiting time and of course the lady who had her set of question and set of framed answerbut I do appreciate the first interviewer, he really asked some very smart questions.

Interview Questions

• Question are related to design and architecture. Like how to speed up Asp.Net website , when no data optimization is possible   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

nice reception and co-ordination.
    the number of rounds is not fixed.
    There is a written Examination