Factual Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Factual Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2016

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Factual in October 2016.

Interview

I had a terrible experience- not with the interview itself, but with getting responses from the company and trying to actually get the interview itself.

I talked to Factual recruiters at my university career fair, and gave them my resume. I received an email within the next week, and I ended up scheduling an interview with them. When the interview date arrived, the interviewer didn't call me, and the recruiter didn't bother emailing me.

I sent the recruiter an email telling them what had happened, and the recruiter took almost a week to respond, answering with a vague excuse. She asked me if I was available for another interview, and when I told her my availabilities, I just got radio silence from her again.

Other Interview Reviews for Factual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Factual (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewer seemed a little tired even though I was his first interview, but I was brought into the room and asked a few questions about my resume before proceeding onto the technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Factual (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had the initial phone screening and got invitation to go on site. The onsite interview composes for 4 technical interviews, and then I also got to have lunch with some engineers. The interviews were horrible organized; some executive was supposed to interview me for my first interview but did not show up and some engineer got pulled in the last minute. My second interviewer was swapped with the fourth interviewer - very unorganized.

Interview Questions

• algorithm questions, text processing, and data structures.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Factual in June 2016.

Interview

After submitting resume, I had a brief talk with a recruiter about my backgrounds.
    Then, I had a programming assignment to create a word puzzle problem in any language in about one week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Factual (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Fairly easy going. Asked two technical questions, based on recursion and machine learning techniques. Talked a lot about the resume and roles played in different teams. They also had brought in an ex-intern, said he's just to watch and answer whatever questions I had. It was a 45 minute interview, with around 15-20 mins on resume and 25 minutes on questions.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest time a process will take to run given different inter process dependencies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Factual (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First had a Skype session with one of the software engineers. Passed that and went out to Los Angeles. There were 4 interviews and lunch. Everyone was pretty nice and they also gave a tour of the office. Know your basic data structures and algorithms
    Also know about big data
    Know how to design large systems

Interview Questions

• Find a cycle in a linked list
      Why do you like data
      Why do you want to work here
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Factual.

Interview

Start with initial discussion with HR.
    Technical interview starts with 1 hour phone screen.
    After getting to on-site, includes 4x 1 hour technical interviews, including with VP of engineering.
    Fast turn around, received offer within a few days of interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Factual.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted back after a few days. Had a brief interview with HR about the position. Afterwards I was required to complete a coding test. After I turned in the test, I was contacted for a phone interview. The interview consisted of basic questions on my experiences and some questions on data structures. It ended with a question about finding the number of businesses through Yelp.

Interview Questions

• How would you use Yelp to find the number of businesses in the US?   14 Answers