Fahrenheit 212 Strategy/Creative Position Within "Magic" Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fahrenheit 212 Strategy/Creative Position Within "Magic" Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Strategy/Creative Position Within "Magic" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed at Fahrenheit 212 earlier this year and had an extremely positive and interesting experience.

I've been a strategy director at various brand consultancies for years, while I'd led several innovation projects, I and was largely looking in the realm of more classic brand strategy. A friend who works at Fahrenheit 212 had only glowing things to say about the place, and encouraged me to interview there. I met with the head of the "Magic" side of the company. It was clear that this was a company with their act together, offering something unique, differentiating, and exciting. That said, within ten minutes of conversation, I realized that I didn't have enough passion for innovation to proceed as a candidate. I actually said this to my interviewer (respectfully), and braced for a short "thanks, here's the door" but to my surprise and delight, the gentleman took nearly an hour to chat with me further about my skills, goals, and aspirations. I'd been seriously interviewing at only large branding firms, and he suggested I look at boutique branding firms as well. He'd just heard about a position as the head of strategy in the NY office of a UK-based firm, and passed my info on to his contacts that very day. Within 24 hours, I had the interview, and within a few days I had the offer!

It was a lovely, interesting, very serendipitous story. You don't encounter that sort of generosity or kindness very often, and spoke very well of the individual and the place. Many thanks!

Interview Questions