Fairfax County Park Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fairfax County Park Authority

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

My interview was conducted over the phone and was done in a very friendly way. It lasted about 30 minutes and was very easy going. If you enjoy being outdoor and enhancing environmentally quality you should be a great fit for this organization.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have identifying forest vegetation.   1 Answer

Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Alexandria, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Promoted from a lower-level position at the facility. Interview consisted of an informal sit-down meeting with 3 members of facility management. Meeting lasted about 45 minutes and was low-stress. Questions were primarily general management ability questions. Also asked about experience with pool maintenance, cash handling, and building security.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this job? (Very standard questions)   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Chantilly, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Must pass a physical test of swimming 100 yards, treading water for 1 minute with hands and 1 minute without, as well as swimming down feet first to the deepest part of the pool to retrieve 10-pound brick. Once complete you are then enrolled in a week-long lifeguard training program where you will be certified for CPR and AED.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was smooth and easty, they just asked a several questions but none of them were hard and I think I would have been hired unless I answered them very poorly

Swim Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franconia, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Franconia, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Streamlined one on one interview process. They ensure that your credentials are up to date, and if you have no experience you must take a Red Cross Swim class first. It is easy to sign up and if they like you they will go ahead and put you in the next available class.

Admissions Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority.

Interview

Phone call screening, as well as a short interview at the site - easy behavioral questions. Making sure you are willing to commit to the summer job, and are able to handle basic responsibilities.

Park Rec Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Fairfax, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview with three on the panel. Very rarely do the interviewers look up at you because they are taking notes the whole time. It is best to answer the questions thoroughly and be somewhat longwinded because the more you speak the better it is. Sometimes they will call you back for a second interview if they have multiple finalist. The process after this can take any where from one month to nine months.