Fairfax County Park Authority Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

1.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fairfax County Park Authority

Fairfax County Park Authority

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority

Interview

Easy, not too much preparation. The MOD who I met with was very kind and asked detailed, yet easy questions. The process was fun and a breeze. I would suggest to review the different regions, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be a lifeguard?
    Answer Question

Fairfax County Park Authority

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority

Interview

Phone call screening, as well as a short interview at the site - easy behavioral questions. Making sure you are willing to commit to the summer job, and are able to handle basic responsibilities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Franconia, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Franconia, VA) in Apr 2015

Interview

Streamlined one on one interview process. They ensure that your credentials are up to date, and if you have no experience you must take a Red Cross Swim class first. It is easy to sign up and if they like you they will go ahead and put you in the next available class.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Fairfax, VA) in Apr 2015

Interview

My interview was conducted over the phone and was done in a very friendly way. It lasted about 30 minutes and was very easy going. If you enjoy being outdoor and enhancing environmentally quality you should be a great fit for this organization.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have identifying forest vegetation.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Fairfax, VA) in Feb 2015

Interview

It was a panel interview with three on the panel. Very rarely do the interviewers look up at you because they are taking notes the whole time. It is best to answer the questions thoroughly and be somewhat longwinded because the more you speak the better it is. Sometimes they will call you back for a second interview if they have multiple finalist. The process after this can take any where from one month to nine months.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Chantilly, VA) in Mar 2014

Interview

Must pass a physical test of swimming 100 yards, treading water for 1 minute with hands and 1 minute without, as well as swimming down feet first to the deepest part of the pool to retrieve 10-pound brick. Once complete you are then enrolled in a week-long lifeguard training program where you will be certified for CPR and AED.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Fairfax, VA) in Mar 2014

Interview

It was smooth and easty, they just asked a several questions but none of them were hard and I think I would have been hired unless I answered them very poorly

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfax County Park Authority (Alexandria, VA) in Jul 2012

Interview

Promoted from a lower-level position at the facility. Interview consisted of an informal sit-down meeting with 3 members of facility management. Meeting lasted about 45 minutes and was low-stress. Questions were primarily general management ability questions. Also asked about experience with pool maintenance, cash handling, and building security.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you a good fit for this job? (Very standard questions)
RSS Feed</>Embed