Fairfax County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Paraeducator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in September 2018.

Interview

Informal screening then interview with a panel of six to seven people then was informed that there other candidates for the position. They were looking for someone who could speak Spanish fluently.

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Principal called me for an interview. Group panel of interviewers, and each person read aloud a list of pre-prepared questions. (I was not given them ahead of time). I was sitting at the end of a long table, and each person had a pen to write down their comments. When it was over, the principal thanked me for coming in and said they would be in touch.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any conflicts with a parent...and if so, how did you handle that?
      What are some ways you correspond with families?
      What does your Guided Reading look like?   Answer Question

Classroom Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools in May 2015.

Interview

On May 4, the list of vacancies was posted on the FCPS website. I then researched each school and emailed my resume to the Principals of the ones I was interested in. I was applying from a state 6-7 hours away. 4 of the 5 principals who wanted to interview offered Skype or phone instead of asking me to travel, which was convenient and cost-effective. The position I accepted offered the job the same day after contacting my references. Another school wanted to offer a job, but it went to an in-county transfer. Another was waiting for the position to be vacated and couldn't offer officially. The whole process took 3 weeks and was very smooth. The county/administrators were efficient and helpful. Hopefully HR will be the same!

Interview Questions

• All interviews asked about Guided Reading lessons. Many asked about other methods like Math Workshop, what a typical lesson looks like, behavior management, parental contact/involvement, etc. Nothing was too difficult if you have experience teaching.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools in November 2014.

Interview

in person interview with panel. Went over requirements of the job and asked my qualifications and interest in school based therapy. Group was very encouraging and accommodating; you could see that they loved what they are doing. Very positive experience.

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

I heard about this job from a friend. I called for an interview and was told to send resume by internet. Quite a while went by until I heard from them, and they finally called, gave me a rigorous exam, and my references and police record (none) were checked. Afterwards there was an orientation program and I was offered a job. Overall it was a professional if long process.

Negotiation

No negotiation. This is fixed.

Middle School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and a month later invited to interview event, felt a little like American idol. We were sorted into classrooms for one on one interviews. If that person lived you, you got to next round- school placement interviews. I won't to 3 schools before I was placed. Once principal told me she had picked a teacher before they sent me over and she wasn't sure why I needed to be interviewed. It was a little confusing. The county ordered me employment but then communication was poor and was unclear what would happen if a principal didn't select me. They did, but did not like the process.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

This was a newly created school based CTE administration intern position. The position itself was not clearly defined which made interview preparation very difficult. The participating panel also seemed somewhat uniformed of the exact nature of the position. The entire process seemed partially unorganized and put together at the last minute. The interview took place with 5 county based administrators. After 1 year of implementation, the position was eliminated.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Falls Church, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted to set up an interview for a week after the email sent date, met with panel of interviewers, given questions ahead of time to review before interview, panel went around asking assigned question and then principal went over job description was asked if I had any questions for them

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job? What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools.

Interview

First you go through an online application, which includes a resume and working styles survey. Your references have to submit a survey/reference on your behalf. Then you interview with individual schools/principals. Finally, you need to submit all your paperwork/documentation, and 2 letters of recommendation from your references.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time with a difficult student and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • How do you use data to inform your instruction?   Answer Question
    • How would you build a strong culture among our staff?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

Typical Teacher Interview, what really upset me though was that HR told me that I had a week to decide and that they would follow up with me for an answer... instead the school called me a week later to tell me that they gave the job away to someone who was "more enthusiastic about the position". It was very frustrating.