Fairfax County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fairfax County Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.7

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools.

Interview

First you go through an online application, which includes a resume and working styles survey. Your references have to submit a survey/reference on your behalf. Then you interview with individual schools/principals. Finally, you need to submit all your paperwork/documentation, and 2 letters of recommendation from your references.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time with a difficult student and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • How do you use data to inform your instruction?   Answer Question
    • How would you build a strong culture among our staff?   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

Went to job fair and was interviewed later that afternoon. Was offered an early contract after the interview. Interview questions were straight forward. I did not feel put on the spot.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Falls Church, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted to set up an interview for a week after the email sent date, met with panel of interviewers, given questions ahead of time to review before interview, panel went around asking assigned question and then principal went over job description was asked if I had any questions for them

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job? What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools.

Interview

Average panel interview as they allowed a skype interview due to long-distance. Panel consisted of 3 interviewers asked questions that were emailed prior to interview. Overall decent interview!

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in government accounting and the difference between accrual and cash basis accounting   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools in September 2016.

Interview

Sending information through resume and references as well as participating in an orientation and having completed a background check. It was not that hard as long as you met there qualifications based on what they lay out on their website.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (McLean, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was an interview with the assistant principal and the head of the language department at a high school. They were polite but not very responsive. They didn't give much information about next steps or when they would be in touch. Given that this was right before the school year started, you would think that they would be more informative or at least enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a disruptive student in the classroom?   Answer Question

Esol Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the school principal after submitting my resume to their system. I did everything through CareerQuest. They had me to an online assessment that took about 40 minutes. I was offered the job the same day I interviewed. After I was offered a job, HR personnel verified my documents and degrees. This took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a successful lesson and why do you consider this successful?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools in May 2016.

Interview

You begin by submitting your application via FCPS's Career Quest (under employment opportunities on their website). When they are filling open vacancies, they will call to schedule a panel screening interview. The initial interview includes a timed 20 minute written portion and a 15 minute meeting with a panel who ask about 4 questions. If you successfully pass the screening process, you will receive further details about available positions and will be scheduled to interview with the particular school in need of additional Instructional Assistants.

Interview Questions

• Head Start/FCEP programs often begins their days in "circle time" where they sing songs, read stories, and learn new concepts. How would you handle this activity?   1 Answer
    • In the panel interview, they asked 4 questions. The first question was whether or not I had experience working with the particular age set.   1 Answer
    • Because I was interviewing for the Head Start/FCEP program which caters to lower socioeconomic families, they wanted to know how I would encourage a parent to be an active participant in their child's education.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an aggressive student?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools in April 2016.

Interview

I completed the Teacherinsight Assessment which Is an online interview 10 days ago but I never got an email or call after that for the next step in application process.
    I tried to take the test again but it only let me do that 12 months later. They say if you answered the questions unestly the result always will be the same but you might want to take the test again if you weren't on your ease or you interrupted several times but I don't understand because before I start the test it said whenever you interrupted your progress will be saved as a draft and you don't need to start the test all over again you come back and continue ..... if It affects the result why they say so 😞
    It's not a difficult exam it is a tricky one for example I found some questions that all of the possible answers could be correct depends on the situations but which one they want you to choose nobody knows there was a question that ask you what do you do if one of your student gets out of control? Answers were :
    -I'm going to get the principal
    -I'm going to ask other stuff to help me
    -The student is going to face the consequences
    -I'm trying to listen to the student.
    I chose the last one but any of others depend on the situation could be happen.

Interview Questions

• Do you share your personal life with your class ?   1 Answer
    • Do you show your emotions to the class ?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was for an ECSE position, and the questions were pretty typical. They asked me to describe a lesson I had done that I thought was successful and how it was successful, describe some of my strengths, progress monitoring and assessment techniques, and why I wanted to become a teacher. The interview was with two administrators and was overall very positive.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a lesson that you taught that was successful, and how you knew it was sucessful?   Answer Question