Fairfax County Public Schools Substitute Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 115 interviews

Recruiter8%
1.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA)

Interview

For Reference am describing the "interview process" as the entire hiring process. This could take atleast one month or likely more. Firstly TB test will need to be conducted at your doctors office and results eventually provided later in the "interview" or rather hiring process. Secondly you will need to aquire a copy of you college or university transcripts from your school if you dont already have a copy. Also two Letters of Reference (from within the last 12 months will be needed). After calling FCPS HR department to set up an onboarding account access, you will then need to take an online personality battery of questions. Following successfull completion you will then need to watch training videos on FCPS policy that are important to be aware of. Tax withholding will need to be filled out online through the onboarding portal and other documents uploaded including the 2 references and you college transcripst. Then an in person orientation will need to be arranged by you with HR. Documents such as Proof of ability to work in US and TB test results documentation will need to be provided at that time so it is important to have these documents ready to and available. Once at orientation, Fingerprinting for background checking will take place, and the head of Substitue teacher HR will provide information on how Substiutes are to carryout and plan their daily work, checking in inthe morning, conducting class and being available to helpout during planning periods (none class times) during the teaching day. Most time consuming was just actually just waiting to recieve a group orientation date-(had to wait a whole month over new years holiday time) . Otherwise Very straight forward process including efficient and well done orientation.

Interview Questions
  • This involved an online battery of questions regarding your interests, skills and personal charachteristics.
    1 Answer

Fairfax County Public Schools

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools in Mar 2018

Interview

Online application , request for letters of recommendation, completion of online personality test . Waited several weeks to learn I was hired. Large meeting with 100+ new employees to review policies and regulations then complete hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,889

959 Comments

Teachers

159.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Fairfax County Public Schools~132623
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Prince Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Prince Frederick, MD) in Jan 2018

Interview

Interview process involves your experience with teaching and how you will be the best you can be at it, as it’s a very challenging career and requires a lot of commitment and dedication. The HR department is very friendly and they want you succeed in your interview to go on to help out FCPS to find good substitutes for their schools.

Interview Questions
  • How do differentiate/accommodate your instruction and what strategies do you use to meet all needs of your students?

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in Dec 2017

Interview

For our orientation and fingerprinting informational then you are thrown to the Wolves! LOL it was more like a presentation about the things that you would encounter as a substitute teacher and Protocols of each individual School

Interview Questions
  • When can you start working?... Anything in your background that pertains to children in the of them will not get you a job

Fairfax County Public Schools

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools in Sep 2016

Interview

Sending information through resume and references as well as participating in an orientation and having completed a background check. It was not that hard as long as you met there qualifications based on what they lay out on their website.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Falls Church, VA)

Interview

Once you get through the initial application submission which requires you have at least 60 college credits, you go through an orientation process which will get you registered into the county's system so you can begin to select what schools and types of jobs you desire to do on a day to day basis. Fingerprinting is done on that same day as well as you must have your TB test cleared and submit the paperwork during the orientation for that. Also need three letters of recommendation from other professionals you know.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in Mar 2015

Interview

Apply online and then have to call the offices to move the process along. There really isn't a formal interview but the process takes a while. No formal interview but a lot of online seminars and questions. Whole process can take about a month if you work the system along.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Alexandria, VA) in Feb 2014

Interview

The interview was very easy. I S=submited online application. HR contacted within a week. I attended the orientation at Fallschurch location. I filled up lots of paperwork

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in Jan 2014

Interview

Wednesdays they have a mass intake for substitutes. You need your social security number, Photo ID, and TB test results. They fingerprint you and take a picture. You then choose the areas of Fairfax County that you are willing to work in.

Interview Questions
  • Are you familiar with using a Smart Board.

Fairfax County Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools

Interview

Easy. Fill out paper work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews