Fairfax County Public Schools Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools.

Interview

First you go through an online application, which includes a resume and working styles survey. Your references have to submit a survey/reference on your behalf. Then you interview with individual schools/principals. Finally, you need to submit all your paperwork/documentation, and 2 letters of recommendation from your references.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time with a difficult student and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
  • How do you use data to inform your instruction?   Answer Question
  • How would you build a strong culture among our staff?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fairfax County Public Schools

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was for an ECSE position, and the questions were pretty typical. They asked me to describe a lesson I had done that I thought was successful and how it was successful, describe some of my strengths, progress monitoring and assessment techniques, and why I wanted to become a teacher. The interview was with two administrators and was overall very positive.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a lesson that you taught that was successful, and how you knew it was sucessful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Herndon, VA).

Interview

I came in and waited in the main office. I was called into the interview. They had a list of questions that they were going to ask me and I was given a copy of the list to read as well. Each person on the panel took turns asking me the questions. Present were the principal, vice principal and a teacher from the grade level I was applying to teach.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan for instruction? How do you know that what you've taught was learned by the students? How does that affect your teaching?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

The hardest part is just timing. You have to make sure you talk to the vice principals when they are actually hiring and aren't just concerned about getting through the year. I suggest sending e-mails out once in March and again in May. Don't be offended if they don't answer though. Many schools hire during the summer.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure a 90 minute language arts block?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It's a pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

When I was hired, FCPS had paper applications. At the time it was helpful to submit paperwork to both the county and the school. Principal's AA called to set up interviews for approximately six teachers. Interview was with department chair and assistant principal. I was unofficially hired that evening. Then I had to be approved at the county level, which took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with students who don't seem interested in learning?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with the department head, then met with department head, then principal of the school. They asked questions about my background, goals, and educational philosophy. I heard back from them within 2 weeks.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools in August 2010.

Interview

Sent resume to online posting. Called in immediately for interview -- met with both assistant principals. Incredibly boring interview - they were just reading questions from a list. Called in the principal who met with me briefly and was offered the job on the spot.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fairfax County Public Schools in June 2008.

Interview

Applied to Fairfax County online. Faxed resume to staff opening position posted on county web site. On-site interview within a few days/next day offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical day in during your Lang Arts block.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation...really not applicable