Fairfax County Virginia Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Panel interview for position within Family Services. I left the interview knowing my work experience, technical competencies and skills was superior to the interviewers. Fairfax County is one of the riches county in state of Virginia and it so behind in technology. You would think such a RICH county would be update on technology and automation. I learned during the interview a lot of tasks are still being performed manually such as equipment inventory (ie laptops, copiers, etc). The folks actually are called out to various locations and walk around manually recording serial numbers, etc. In addition, the department does a lot of pulling data and performing analytics in EXCEL (ie pivot tables). There are a number of data analytical tools out there ... user friendly that are compatible with various platforms and databases. The ideal of extracting and importing data in Excel & creating pivots tables was not ideal. I was coming for corporate America .... my background was in TRUE systems and business analysis. I was looking to advance my career and/or find suitable position.

The interviewers had been in working in department for LONG time ... which was obvious. I think the ladies may have been offended about my inquiry about department plans in relation to technology/automation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you were faced with difficult customer
    What questions to ask when setting up database   Answer Question