Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

There was a panel of three females . a form of seven questions presented to me to review and answer .
    Although two of them were very professional and friendly, I figured it out that the third one had somebody in mind and this whole process is just a fake one.

Interview Questions

• How to tell your boss that you don't agree with him in a decision
      How to keep your administrative skills current   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel interview. I had the opportunity to review the interview questions beforehand. Overall, thought the process was very automated and objective. There was a written portion and a database entry test after the panel interview. It took about a month to get a call about for an interview. Very competitive, even for an admin III job

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience help you with your duties as an Admin III?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant V Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in December 2016.

Interview

Three part interview. First was a phone screen, which lasted about an hour long. The second Interview process was panel, with a total of 4 people. Each a member of the department you are interviewing for. Lastly, there was a timed writing exercise.

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

I received a phone call and an email requesting the interview. I scheduled the initial interview, which included an Excel exercise and a panel interview with the hiring manager. I was called back for a second interview with the departmental manager, but I believe I was the only person for the second interview - I wasn't competing at that point and it was just a formality.

Interview Questions

• The typical - what are your strengths/weaknesses/how do you handle conflict/prioritize deadlines and projects, etc.   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in May 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and was contacted for an interview weeks later. I went in for an interview which was very quick and I didn't have a good feeling.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

Panel with 6 people asking multiple prepared questions with a standardized rating scale. The hiring manager was part of the interview panel which also contained members from other agencies throughout the county. The questions were generally relevant to the interview process; but, seemed to allow little opportunity to assess my depth of professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you or have you ever done any kind of drugs   1 Answer

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

I was first given a detailed job description. Then interviewed by a three person panel. A total of ten questions were asked as well as given a written exercise to perform.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Time between submitting my resume and getting an interview was about 6 months. It was a panel interview and the panel was diverse and represented relative and applicable business partners.

Interview Questions

• Many insightful questions. One tip: what is the most important current event facing the industry today?   1 Answer

Librarian I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

FCPL's system was a mess. They forward applications with little rhyme or reason. Once you're sent along it's hit or miss whether you'll be called for a position. They've stopped interviewing at the branch level and have started interviewing through Admin and placing people wherever they feel like without determining where they would be the best fit. This behooves no one and causes resentment throughout the county. The people doing the hiring have not had to work in a branch for many years. You may or may not be kept in a pool of applicants for a later date. Interviews are always done by a panel (two or more people asking questions and taking notes).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a poor decision. What was it and how would you do it differently now?   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was initially referred to the position by a current employee. Within a week I received an email notification confirming my in-person interview date and time. I responded right away and scheduled the interview to be a week out from the date of the email. The interview was early in the morning on a week day. I went into the office and met with a panel of evaluators. The interview itself was approximately 30 minutes, where I was asked on my previous employment history, familiarity to certain software/tools, and my availability. After the interview, I was sent an email to confirm my availability for the set times my supervisor wanted to schedule me for. We both confirmed my start date after we found a mutual availability.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Microsoft Project and ArcGIS?   Answer Question