Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online on the county website, few weeks after the closing date they called to setup and in-person interview. The receptionist gave me a questionnaire and gave me 30 min to fill my answers, on overview of the questions asked in the interview. Fire and Rescue officials and team members were on the panel- it was around 5 people. They asked several technical questions on SQL, Vb.Net and other questions.
    Few weeks later they called me for another round of practical examination. This round they gave me a list of technical questions and asked me to write answers. Questions were mostly on ASP.Net, SQL Server, HTML. I was not selected for this position. It was a pleasant experience, people were kind and respectful.

Public Health Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (West Springfield, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Three nurse managers were interviewing me. Most important thing to do to prepare is to be aware of their mission and goal and rehearse, rehearse, rehearse. They want to see how you work in a team environment and will ask about conflict resolution. Even if you don't have public health experience, talk about similar experience and how you are willing to learn. The whole interview took about 40-50min. All were very pleasant and were not trying to be intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• What type of conflict have you been in, how deal you dealt with it, how was it resolve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I didn't have experience as a public health nurse I didn't do much negoitiating.

GIS Analyst Interview

Interview

I never made it to the interview. I spent the night in the area, but was delayed 1 hour by traffic for an hour and could not find one open parking space at the visitor lot, so after 30 minutes of driving around I left. Terrible experience. I would not reccomend any sane person living in or working in fairfax, va or for this place. No consideration was given to me as an interviewee, was given one day and one time to complete my interview. No parking was available. Just awful.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with individuals representing different departments that you would work with. The questions were presented a few minutes before the interview. Each person asks a question. All persons take notes relevant to their departments.

Interview Questions

• Questions were general in nature allowing you to draw from your experiences to answer.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Upon arrival, I was given a list a questions that would be asked. I sat in the waiting area and reviewed the questions, and decided how to answer. I was called in to an office where I was to be asked the questions by a panel of 3 women. After introductions, they took turns going through the list, asking me the questions, and taking notes.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would handle being a position that is mostly remote from the central office.   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in January 2013.

Interview

I simply talked with a person at my school for 30 mins about values and future goals and he asked me to join as a Volunteer. Easy and painless. No paper work was needed and they tell you what they think instantly.

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

It was a typical panel interview with 5 panelist for the first interview and 4 for the second interview . They asked the standard tell me about a time questions.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

three panel interview,
    questions about how you would handle situations
    feel free to add in several experiences about your previous employment
    introduction to group and what they will be doing during the interview

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a participant who was heading for the exit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary..

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

very direct process. since the position is not a merit based position and it is not considered a very high salary, the position did not require an extensive interview process. I was recommended by a current employee and from there discussed my experience and was offered the position. It was a very easy and again, direct process to being working

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Panel interview for position within Family Services. I left the interview knowing my work experience, technical competencies and skills was superior to the interviewers. Fairfax County is one of the riches county in state of Virginia and it so behind in technology. You would think such a RICH county would be update on technology and automation. I learned during the interview a lot of tasks are still being performed manually such as equipment inventory (ie laptops, copiers, etc). The folks actually are called out to various locations and walk around manually recording serial numbers, etc. In addition, the department does a lot of pulling data and performing analytics in EXCEL (ie pivot tables). There are a number of data analytical tools out there ... user friendly that are compatible with various platforms and databases. The ideal of extracting and importing data in Excel & creating pivots tables was not ideal. I was coming for corporate America .... my background was in TRUE systems and business analysis. I was looking to advance my career and/or find suitable position.

The interviewers had been in working in department for LONG time ... which was obvious. I think the ladies may have been offended about my inquiry about department plans in relation to technology/automation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you were faced with difficult customer
      What questions to ask when setting up database   Answer Question