Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

This is an hour long, panel interview (4 people).
    You have to get there 15 minutes early to fill out a form. You'll receive a sheet of questionnaire from the office assistant. There are at least 10 questions that asks for your technical skill sets as well as your work experience. You're taken in a conference room and each interviewer sits around the table. Each interviewer would ask you a question from the questionnaire. You answer until all the questions on the questionnaire are answered. At the end of the interview, they ask for the questionnaire back.

Interview Questions

• Asks for your technical skills as well as your work experience.   Answer Question

Juvenile Probation Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was rather brief. Much to my surprise it was a single gender panel. The panel was very straightforward with what I could expect with the position. Explained that I would be wearing many different hats and stressed the need for flexibility in this particular working environment.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? How will you adapt to the work hours? There were also questions regarding data entry systems.   Answer Question

Senior Web Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had three interviews for the Senior Web Architect position. First, a brief phone screening. Second was in person and consisted of a multiple choice quiz, panel interview, and practical exercise. Third, an informal follow up in person with the hiring manager and panel interview. All interviews and communication went well until my third interview. I was 6 months pregnant and showing so I informed the team I was pregnant. Despite how well the interviews went and that the hiring manager confirmed he would reach out the following week, I never heard from them again. The position has since been re-posted.

Interview Questions

• Practical exercise was to demonstrate basic HTML skills   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

It was a panel of three people that currently work in the office, including the person who would be managing the position, and one person from another office that worked with the team. I had worked with several of the individuals before so it was a comfortable environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience going through the planning process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online in April 2015, and have the initial interview May 2015. The first interview was a panel of 4 people who ask about 10 questions. I had 3 minutes to answer each question, so come prepared because this interview is all about your skills and how your skills can benefit this position. Second interview is about your personality and if you mesh well with your new supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What are strengths and weaknesses? What makes you a good fit for this position? When looking at the job description, is there anything you feel that you may not be able to perform well on?   Answer Question

Driving Range Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax Station, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax Station, VA) in May 2008.

Interview

Walked in the BLGC and inquired for a position. After a few questions about if I could provide transportation, my background, and availability, I was hired. The staff is very diverse, and I enjoyed my time there since I met people from all different types of backgrounds. The position was fairly easy to perform, seeing as it was just to take out the trash, clean the cart paths, and pick the driving range. Great first job for a high school or college student.

Interview Questions

• How many hours a week are you available to work?   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Received $7/hr. At the time, they were pretty hard and fast on salaries for attendants.

Mental Health Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in June 2018.

Interview

Panel Interview. Three panel members. Each one asked pre-written questions. Flat Affect. Discussed position in detail. Overall friendly experience. Reached out to one panel member for the outcome, no response. Received rejection letter via email.

Interview Questions

Interview

I worked as a seasonal employee and then they hired me for a position that was opening up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

You need to apply through the AIMS system online. You can track your application through the process: Under Review, Forwarded/Not Forwarded, Filled, or Cancelled. The county gets hundreds of resumes for each position, so if you don't meet the preferred qualifications, it's tough. If you're contacted for an interview, it will be a very formal, panel interview. Demonstrate an understanding of the county, the department, and the job. Competition is pretty fierce. If you're not hired, you can call HR to ask why.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate salary. In these budget conditions, it's frowned upon.

Public Safety Communicator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online at the Fairfax County website. Each announcement for this opening *should* have an academy start date listed. Your process will be completed well before that date. About a week or less after the vacancy announcement closes, you should be scheduled for an initial written personality-style test, following that you will be invited to a skills-based test a few days later. Once you pass the skills test, they give you a background investigation packet that needs to be done and turned in within 3 days. You'll be scheduled for a polygraph, and then following the results of your background check, a panel interview. The offer (or lack thereof) usually comes by phone the same day as the interview. Following that, there is a fingerprint check and medical exam done when you complete onboarding paperwork. As long as you don't have TB and haven't done drugs, you're fine.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Talk about yourself, your background, and what makes you want the position. They ask about what you consider to be your greatest achievement, your long term goals, strengths/weaknesses, and where you hope to be in five years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The pay rate is the same for everyone, regardless of experience.