Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fairfax County Virginia

2.7

Sort:

Human Service Worker III Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Everyone was very nice and friendly. They asked questions that were pretty basic not too detailed, which is what I was expecting. They had questions already prepared to ask me. They did give me an opportunity to ask my own questions which was good for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a difficult Client and how you resolved the issue at hand   1 Answer

Human Service Worker III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Annandale, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview team consisted of three panelists, one was from hiring department, one was from HR department. They explained that they would not have eye contct since they would write down my responses. They provided the list of 9 questions to answer and the most of them wre related to your experience related to poistion.

Interview Questions

They stated that salary range is given however the lowest salary would be offered.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in October 2015.

Interview

Panel interviews done with 3 to 4 supervisors interviewing. They are required to interview 3 people for every position before they can hire. Sometimes they already have a person in mind who they want to have the position but are required to complete all interviews.

Interview Questions

• They will give you a question regarding a case and the policy printed out.   1 Answer

Health and Wellness Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

Simple phone screen. Follow up in person interview with supervisor and one above. Most interviews are like a conversation to see if there will be mutual benefit. This more like Q and A. Just answer the questions well, and practice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

Panel interview- first interview with three supervisors, and second interview with four. Very easy and laid back interview. I felt as though it was more of a dialogue. I have a ton of experience in the field, which is why I feel as though the interviews were relatively easy. Very lengthy process- I applied in late June, first interview in August, second in September, & I just received an off in early October

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience as it relates to this position, and what makes you a good candidate?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult conversation or situation you encountered with a client   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals   Answer Question

Human Service Worker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Panel Interview. Three panel members. Very laid back. Applied to the job in February, did not get called for an interview until April. Was informed they want to hire me two weeks after the initial interview and started two weeks later. Total from application to start date was roughly 4 months.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry client or calm a situation that has escalated?   Answer Question

Probation Counselor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received call for interview about 2 weeks later. Interviewed with panel of 4 staff. They let you review interview questions before starting. No eye contact due to them writing answers down

Interview Questions

• Explain your experiences working with this population
      How would you handle a situation involving a fight between youth
      How would you handle a coworker breaking a rule
      Whats your biggest accomplish ment   1 Answer

Staff Aide Interview

Application

Interview

Panel then meeting with elected official - need to be well aware of issues pertaining to area, including projects, initiatives, issues effecting immediate area and countywide, cannot go in unprepared, make sure you study !

Interview Questions

• What is most challenging about working with constituents?   Answer Question

Librarian II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in January 2010.

Interview

As in any government civil service job, expect to fill out plenty of forms just to be considered. The up side. Of this is a fair selection system, if you fill out the forms correctly and on time. Read and understand the instructions as this is the primary way to be hired.

Assuming you are one of the top ten or
    so candidates, you will be given an opportunity for a
    Interview by a panel of supervisors. You will receive a list of the questions they will ask, when you come in for the interview. For this reason you might want to come in an hour early, if the place for the interview is, at least, open to staff. Even before the day of the interview, take a drive to interview site to make sure that you know how to get there and how the traffic will be.

The panel interview can be tough, but if you are hired you might wonder what impression some of your new workmates made to get hired. Maybe it IS possible to fake it or there is something unsaid in these interview.
    Anyway, every question asked and your answers are written down by the panel members.

You will have time at the end of the interview to add anything you want to your answers.
    Having something ready beforehand will be a good idea.
    Also, be ready for questions about how you handled some situations.

When every candidate (often many) has been interviewed and scored , you will be notified of the results. This can be by phone or letter. Hope for the phone call because the person(s) to be hired is normally called.

Interview Questions

• One of your patrons suddenly falls to the floor and might be unconscious . What would you do?   1 Answer

The offer ended up as one that would take too much of my family time.