Fairfax Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fairfax Media Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was Simple and normal. There were two managers in the panel and No technical questions were asked by the panel. They asked only personal behavioural questions. It's too different

Interview Questions

• Behavioural Questions like what is your biggest achievement and difficulties and how faced it   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairfax Media in September 2016.

Interview

I sent my application and received a quick response. I received 2 phone calls regarding the role and then invited to first round interview, which I thought was 1:1. It turned out to be a whole panel interview. I wished they had asked me more questions to get into finer details on projects and skills, but it appeared I needed to be vocally upfront with this information.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

online test (basic programming concept, write a piece of code for basic algorithm), 2 rounds on site interview, one technical one general. On technical interview, asking questions printed on 3 pages paper, and you may need to write some code on the paper. On general interview, asking some behaviours questions and let you talk about your recent projects. etc

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax Media.

Interview

First a 5 minute phone interview then 3 hour long meetings. Application to result approximately 5 weeks. Long process just to find outcome not sure if this is normal but makes it hard to accept an I get if you are interviewing elsewhere.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

First interview was over the phone by the manager where you will be asked about your work experience. Then you will be invited for a face-to-face interview with the Quality Assurance lead. Questions are about your work experience, achievements at work, what you can contribute to the team and will be given different situational questions. Then you will be again invited for an interview with the Solutions Delivery head. This is more like of an informal chat. Then, you will be informed over the phone of the results and how to proceed.

Interview Questions

• Q. What is the most critical bug you have found and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Video Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Canberra (Australia)) in December 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call around two months after I submitted my application. Was asked a few questions - what was basically a short phone interview on the spot. Received an email with an interview invitation later that day for the next week. The interview was fairly casual. Two people, lasted about 20 minutes. Didn’t end up getting the job, but they were very polite and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the House of Representatives and the Senate?   Answer Question

Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly relaxed and comfortable.
    Was one phone screening, followed by a in person interview shortly after.
    Interview was with a knowledgeable and experienced engineer, so it felt more like a peer discussion.
    I formed my opinions on working at this organisation based largely on this interview (previously I had had doubts)

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

The developers at Fairfax are fairly knowledgeable. You can expect a very technical interview. I face about 5 rounds of interviews with 4 of them being 100% technical and last one with Technology director which was a standard behavioral interview.

Junior Project Manager Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2014.

Interview

went to the agency interview, they said i presented well, good communicator, have pm certifications etc etc and they are looking for someone with strong data warehousing knowledge .. sounding easy at this stage .. couldnt tell me much about the role or the team or the project approach, project methodology, it was a top-secret mission that was sounding some alarm bells.

Interview Questions

• usual questions like tell me about your data warehouse experience, what do you think are important attributes of project manager, how many years pm experience do you have, agency said one junior IT pm will interview me, instead i find getting questioned by IT pmo manager and it didnt start well from the second he walked in and he'd already made up his mind i'm not suitable .. fair enough but at least give me a go, anyway it was an uphill battle to try and talk about my experience or what i have to offer when your faced with a guy with bully-style demeanor and he's interview technique wasnt all that great either compared to interviews i've had with more senior PMs, said it would be a short interview .. i would have preferred him saying your just not what were looking for ....I felt sorry for the other junior pm who has to report to this guy with low emotional intelligence ... to be honest he didnt talk to her in a respectful way either .... I thought wow... this doesn't seem to be a high teamwork place and I wondered what kind of company culture there was in this team or at Fairfax media in general. they looked pretty stressed too which usually doesn't produce good results from your employees.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2013.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, started with HR manager and direct line manager. Questions were mostly scenario based so having a good grasp of company is important. There were some behavioural questions.