Fairfax Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.7

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

3 interviews with hiring manager, GM and peer. Short interviews, not particularly difficult. Process was drawn out only by availability of interviewers. Gave the impression that there was no urgency to hire, which seems true of the company in general.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Generic phone interview and then formal face to face interview was organised.
    Interview was very relaxed yet packed with situational questions. Technical part was just very small portion of the interview.
    Overall everyone was all friendly and had welcoming environment.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax Media in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was first contacted about 2 months after I applied and long after the job was pulled off job boards. Should have got the red alert at this stage but being optimistic I decided to go visit them when they invited me for a hour long discussion at their office with a three member panel. On the day only two members interviewed me one an agile coach and the other a developer. The agile coach was doing all the talking and was quite friendly. The developer was very silent and almost rude because he seemed very uninterested in the conversation.
    I decided to involve him too and asked questions directed at him. The agile coach asked very broad questions mostly around agile and team process and there was nothing technical or anything I could answer crisp and to the point.
    It was a downhill interview I could easily say that because I never understood what they wanted but I knew I was not anywhere close. While leaving the agile coach promised to get back on a certain date and he kind of kept it. I was rejected but I was happy he closed the loop.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fairfax Media.

Interview

Had two interviews and one phone interview. We're very friendly and I received an offer within the week. However I decided to turn it down for another company better aligned to my interests. Offer was 75k package

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Canberra (Australia)).

Interview

I applied but didn't hear anything for at least two months. The process from there was fairly quick though. I had a fairly casual interview with two people from the relevant departments. They mostly wanted to know my knowledge and interest in news/politics. It was less about the video side of things, though we did discuss workflow and techniques.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was Simple and normal. There were two managers in the panel and No technical questions were asked by the panel. They asked only personal behavioural questions. It's too different

Interview Questions

• Behavioural Questions like what is your biggest achievement and difficulties and how faced it   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairfax Media in September 2016.

Interview

I sent my application and received a quick response. I received 2 phone calls regarding the role and then invited to first round interview, which I thought was 1:1. It turned out to be a whole panel interview. I wished they had asked me more questions to get into finer details on projects and skills, but it appeared I needed to be vocally upfront with this information.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

online test (basic programming concept, write a piece of code for basic algorithm), 2 rounds on site interview, one technical one general. On technical interview, asking questions printed on 3 pages paper, and you may need to write some code on the paper. On general interview, asking some behaviours questions and let you talk about your recent projects. etc

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax Media.

Interview

First a 5 minute phone interview then 3 hour long meetings. Application to result approximately 5 weeks. Long process just to find outcome not sure if this is normal but makes it hard to accept an I get if you are interviewing elsewhere.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax Media (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

First interview was over the phone by the manager where you will be asked about your work experience. Then you will be invited for a face-to-face interview with the Quality Assurance lead. Questions are about your work experience, achievements at work, what you can contribute to the team and will be given different situational questions. Then you will be again invited for an interview with the Solutions Delivery head. This is more like of an informal chat. Then, you will be informed over the phone of the results and how to proceed.

Interview Questions

• Q. What is the most critical bug you have found and how did you handle it?   Answer Question