Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Del Mar, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied and got a call three days later for an interview. During the interview that took 2 hours, I met and talked with three different individuals. They were very nice individuals. At the end of the interview they offered me a position I didn't apply to PBX operator, they said they saw potential in me, but I was not ready for the front desk.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you sacrificed something for a co-worker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Berkeley, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. A day later, I received an email inviting me to complete an online assessment. Most of the question were behavioral questions. It was a fairly easy assessment but took quite some time because it was 155 questions long.

Two days after completing the assessment, I received a phone call from one of the managers inviting me to a face to face interview. The manager was very kind and made me feel right at home. I think it went well and I am hoping to hear back soon!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with HR, interview was very pleasant, so pleasant in fact she wanted to do the follow up right there on the spot! Thing was, the front desk manager wasn't there, so she said she would call me later in the week to schedule me for the follow up, well later came, nothing, I called them, the lady in HR promised she'd call me back the beginning of next week. No call back, I called her and asked if there was anything wrong. Well she said, they were moving forward with someone else! Wait what?! How can you decide if someone was a better fit for the front desk if I didn't even interview for the front desk? To make matters worse on their website the job is still up! I called, pretended to inquire about the job, same HR lady said it was open! I then told her who I was and would like a follow up interview, I also asked why they chose someone else for the job but didn't give me a chance and why the job is still posted, she said it was new........it was dated June 1st, it's mid July. Very fishy things going on there. As of right now no follow up calls from them. I guess it's bad to do really well in your first interview or to really want to work.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews with management. Over the phone and in person. Very easy questions. Mostley behavioral based. Just make sure to read up on their culture and have a good answer for why you are applying for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a week or two later. Spoke with two HR representatives, was informed of possibilities/lack of possibilities within the company based on the interests I conveyed in the interview session within a few business days.

Interview Questions

• Mostly guest services related questions as well as management style questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

When i got call back I received a phone interview. It was more of a personality test, really basic questions. The face to face interview was pretty basic. It was strongly focused on customer service. They asked me about different scenarios i had with customers/guests. Things like how to handle and angry guess and resolve customer issues.

Interview Questions

• If you worked in customer service i feel strongly you wont get caught off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically offered me the job at the starting base pay. Went to take a drug test and started soon after.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Very casual, informal but to the point. Dress nicely, don't wear jeans. They are looking for someone who is attractive and outgoing. They check you out intensely before the interview. Don't be overly confident.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Job Fair at Hotel Vancouver. Sign in and wait your turn for the first interview, if they like you, you go on to the second interview with Manager and then on to a third interview with Department Head.
    Make sure to dress smart, some people were there in 3 piece suits, carry yourself with confidence and don't forget to smile.
    The cookies are delicious!

Interview Questions

• Why Fairmont? Which Hotel and why?   Answer Question
    • Previous job, what you liked and didn't like about it?   Answer Question
    • Situational questions about a time you dealt with conflict and a time when you exceeded a guest expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not get offered the position I wanted.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Three interviews after the online selection test.
    They do their very best to weed out the bad seeds!
    The questions do get repetitive, but they really try and get to know you.
    The management is very friendly and welcoming. You find out the result very quickly, usually within 10 days of the interview.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in February 2011.

Interview

Interview consists of a personality test and two 1:1 interviews on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a problem guest.   1 Answer