Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was very good. All the people that interviewed me were really nice and accomodating. I didn’t feel like I’m new in the establishment. I feel very welcomed as well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. I then had a phone screen with another recruiter, a technical phone call, and an onsite interview. Throughout the process the recruiters were really prompt with getting back to me, and even took care to keep me updated and engaged after the onsite.

Interview Questions

• "What would you say motivates you in life?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed interview with FOHM, he introduced himself, gave me his background in the hospitality industry.gave me the history of the hotel and benefits to working in the downtown dallas area

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Extremely disappointed. I applied online, about a couple weeks later I was contacted by the supervisor to set up a phone pre screen. I set it up for the next day at 1pm. 1pm came and I sat there waiting... I waited until 1:20pm and decided to email the supervisor. She replied saying everyone was busy. We rescheduled for a couple hours later. Mind you, I'm being flexible with my schedule and able to work with them. Then the next time rolls around. The lady who called me was extremely short and acted like I was bothering her even though they blew me off earlier. People in the background were loud and laughing. I recruited and interviewed for an airline and I would never treat a potential candidate with such disrespect. You have to remember, if they treat you like this, you could end up working with those people and I'm just taking a wild guess, they'd probably continue to treat you poorly. I wouldn't waste your time, just my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very short, not professional, they asked questions not related to the job position. The front desk assistant manager promised to reach me via email after my interview follow up email but I never got the respond. Very unprofessional. So I just got a job at much better property where they treat people with manners.

Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Del Mar, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied and got a call three days later for an interview. During the interview that took 2 hours, I met and talked with three different individuals. They were very nice individuals. At the end of the interview they offered me a position I didn't apply to PBX operator, they said they saw potential in me, but I was not ready for the front desk.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you sacrificed something for a co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with HR, interview was very pleasant, so pleasant in fact she wanted to do the follow up right there on the spot! Thing was, the front desk manager wasn't there, so she said she would call me later in the week to schedule me for the follow up, well later came, nothing, I called them, the lady in HR promised she'd call me back the beginning of next week. No call back, I called her and asked if there was anything wrong. Well she said, they were moving forward with someone else! Wait what?! How can you decide if someone was a better fit for the front desk if I didn't even interview for the front desk? To make matters worse on their website the job is still up! I called, pretended to inquire about the job, same HR lady said it was open! I then told her who I was and would like a follow up interview, I also asked why they chose someone else for the job but didn't give me a chance and why the job is still posted, she said it was new........it was dated June 1st, it's mid July. Very fishy things going on there. As of right now no follow up calls from them. I guess it's bad to do really well in your first interview or to really want to work.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a week or two later. Spoke with two HR representatives, was informed of possibilities/lack of possibilities within the company based on the interests I conveyed in the interview session within a few business days.

Interview Questions

• Mostly guest services related questions as well as management style questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

When i got call back I received a phone interview. It was more of a personality test, really basic questions. The face to face interview was pretty basic. It was strongly focused on customer service. They asked me about different scenarios i had with customers/guests. Things like how to handle and angry guess and resolve customer issues.

Interview Questions

• If you worked in customer service i feel strongly you wont get caught off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically offered me the job at the starting base pay. Went to take a drug test and started soon after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Berkeley, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. A day later, I received an email inviting me to complete an online assessment. Most of the question were behavioral questions. It was a fairly easy assessment but took quite some time because it was 155 questions long.

Two days after completing the assessment, I received a phone call from one of the managers inviting me to a face to face interview. The manager was very kind and made me feel right at home. I think it went well and I am hoping to hear back soon!