Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Guest Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Guest Service Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Interview

The first step to the interview process was a phone screen 1:1. The next step in the interview process was a meeting in person with the hiring manager and human resources.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

first with phone screening interview. Then, in person interview with human resources coordinator before department head and reporting manager. Interview process was very organized and less intimidating. All staff were very welcoming and professional. Come prepared with formal business attire. Got a response back from management within less than a month.

Interview Questions

• How do you make upset guests happy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

3 interviews with hiring manager and HR. Overall good experience back of house is scary. They have you meet everyone the same day which is helpful. Positive people to meet.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online through their careers page. And the interview was done initially on the phone. The HR manager who interviewed me was friendly. She warned me that this was for an internship, therefore, it is very competative.

Interview Questions

• Mostly are behavioural based questions.
      What are your plans in 5 years? In 10 years?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Cairo (Egypt)) in June 2013.

Interview

First through the phone, then I met the HR lady who asked me to have another interview with the room director then the front office manager. The recruitment process took around 2 weeks and was very boring.

Guest Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Ahmedabad (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

There will be questionnaire about the circumstances and force you to use your knowledge to solve the guest issues, will be tasted about your educations basic math's, science and common sense need to use to give answers, after that need will be notified in a week than there will be telephonic interview after selection will be asked to send the personal identification documents and passport copy with photos after that will get offer letter.

Guest Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

I went to an open house at the Empress in Victoria, BC. The event was disorganized as the hiring managers and HR did not expect so many people; I arrived right at the start and there were already 100 people. As a result, I waited more than two hours to interview with one manager and it was positive; basically she asked me the usual interview questions (ex. Why did you leave your last job, tell me about a time you worked with a difficult coworker). I had to wait three hours for the second interview, with the hiring manager of the area I wanted to work in, and she asked me the exact same questions as the previous manager.

More than an hour later I had my final interview with an HR person...which was done with me feeling queasy because I had not been able to leave the interview area for lunch. I was again asked the exact same questions as in the previous interviews. Signed a bunch of forms about references and background check and a credit check.

An online behavior and personality assessment followed. It took around 30 minutes and quite frankly was insulting for the stupidity. I figured that this hotel did not want people hoping for a good work-life balance, and it seemed like every third question was "Are you a positive person?" (Answer: yes or no). Less than 24 hours after that test, I found out via e-mail I was a reject.

The whole interviewing process and test left a sour taste in my mouth about this hotel's culture and treatment of people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job and what would your last manager say about your personality and work habits?   Answer Question