Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

2.8

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Jose, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was horrible, he couldn’t find anywhere to perform the interview so we just walked around the hotel while he asked me questions. It was a very informal interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Human Resources   2 Answers

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX).

Interview

Online application, pretty standard to other hotel brands. Basic questions and work history needed to filled out online. Phone screening was very easy going and pleasant. HR was very nice over the phone and helpful when answering questions. They asked standard questions regarding experience with customer/guest interactions. Later on, 3 same day in person interviews. All 3 were straight forward and conversation based aside from 1 that was a bit of role playing. You should have some good recommendations and some creative ideas for activities and dining before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversation based. Pretty casual and easy going. Basic questions centered on interpersonal skills.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Good interview process. Online application, follow up phone call to set up interview. The interview was professional and organized. Met a HR manager in HR and had a nice organized interview, where the manager discussed the job opportunity and more.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Washington, DC) in March 2019.

Interview

Very intense but I did good you have three managers in the room with you and all three ask different questions I was very nervous but one manager said relax your doing good.One said I got nervous with my first interview

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

3 interviews with hiring manager and HR. Overall good experience back of house is scary. They have you meet everyone the same day which is helpful. Positive people to meet.

Business Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Seattle, WA) in February 2019.

Interview

I went to their JOB FAIR DINNER and it was more like a walk-in interview. There was no dinner or nothing close to JOB FAIR DINNER as they described. I had to take the assessment test before the job fair. Interview questions were fairly easy. I literally have interview and left. I felt like they had to be more clear about what they do. If that's the recruitment style they go for, I don't like that.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Talent and Culture Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Jose, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. We walked throughout the hotel while having the interview. Described the position and the fact that all of their employees were in a union.

Inspire Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Dallas, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

Career fair, in person interview on campus, online application and assessment for particular property, called by particular property. Lots of email exchange in my particular situation because I was wanting to go to a location across the country.

Payroll Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

There was a pre-screen phone interview from HR and she scheduled an in-person interview with me at the end of the pre-screen. The in-person interview was 3 separate interviews - one with HR, one with the assistant manager, and one with director of finance. They ask the same questions in each of the 3 interviews and it seemed to me that the interview would have been better if it was one panel interview, instead of 3 separate interviews. A week after the in-person interviews, HR contacted me again to schedule another interview with their corporate director of labor management. At that point, I already received another job offer and declined the interview.

Interview Questions

• very standard questions like - why do you want to work for this company? Tell me about yourself and your experiences. How do you prioritize?   7 Answers

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I applied online and received a call to meet for an interview all within a week. During the interview, I sat down with the general manager for about 20 minutes answering questions and discussing overall job description/availability.

Interview Questions

• Mostly emphasized experience and discussed working conditions due to weather   Answer Question