Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Pastry Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a good and an interactive process. The officials were quite friendly and the event was well organised. It was a good and an interactive process. The officials were quite friendly and the event was well organised.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for the LDP through the university I attended. Fairmont recruiters were at a career fair during the fall semester. I had two, 1-hour interviews in-person following the career fair with those recruiters. I then had a 1-hour phone interview with a corporate HR Manager who further screened me and asked for preferences for the program. I was then contacted by the HRD at the specific hotel, who went over details of the program and the individual property. I received an offer letter following that phone call, three and a half months after the career fair.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

1st round is on-campus recruiting or over the telephone. Questions are pretty standard behavioral and hospitality experience-based.

2nd round is over the phone with the HRD from the property where they'll place you. Same type questions as first round, but more conversational. They may ask you to speak with a manager from the department(s) where you'll work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Go into HR, fill out interview form, wait, get called in for interview. Go in looking nice, look up common interview questions and you will be plenty preprared. First I interviewed with direct managers of spa, and then with the HR director very briefly.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

They kept going back and forth telling me to come back several times only to have me wait 30-90 minutes to be told the manager couldent see me.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in the food industry?   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Got my review for internship via email. The recruiter was very nice and accommodating. I followed up to two weeks and they respond very quickly. They really will try to place you and they are very accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Problem in the hospitality industry and discuss the competitive advantage other companies are using to solve the problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still negotiating regarding time frame

In Room Dining Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Several phone calls over the period of a couple of weeks, and then went to a meeting with Human Resources as well as two managers. They were very reasonable and down to earth, wanted to screen for people with great guest interaction.

Interview Questions

• Q: When have you gone above and beyond for a guest/customer?   Answer Question

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were extremely friendly and accommodating. I met with 3 or 4 people in total. They asked a variety of questions about my experience and motivation. Each person seemed genuine and happy to meet with me. I got a "family" vibe right away - very warm and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Bellperson Interview

Interview

he interview was very easy, but had multiple rounds where they just asked the same questions

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience are difficult when you have no experience   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

After I applied online, one of the first steps was an online personality test. Few days later, I received a call from the department manager to come in for an interview. The whole interviewing process took about two hours. The following day, HR reached out.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly personality based. Also, how previous experience can be applied in the role I applied for.   Answer Question