Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.9

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Interview

The first step to the interview process was a phone screen 1:1. The next step in the interview process was a meeting in person with the hiring manager and human resources.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Del Mar, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied and got a call three days later for an interview. During the interview that took 2 hours, I met and talked with three different individuals. They were very nice individuals. At the end of the interview they offered me a position I didn't apply to PBX operator, they said they saw potential in me, but I was not ready for the front desk.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you sacrificed something for a co-worker.   Answer Question

Housekeeping Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard array of questions off of a pre-made template. The first round of interviews was conducted by the department head and then a second structured interview was conducted by a representative from human resources. Lastly, I was met by the director of operations and the general manager is a fa r less structured interview. The last was meant more to gauge personality and suitability I imagine.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Berkeley, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. A day later, I received an email inviting me to complete an online assessment. Most of the question were behavioral questions. It was a fairly easy assessment but took quite some time because it was 155 questions long.

Two days after completing the assessment, I received a phone call from one of the managers inviting me to a face to face interview. The manager was very kind and made me feel right at home. I think it went well and I am hoping to hear back soon!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Catering Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

After you apply online, there is a questionnaire that must be filled out that takes 30-45 minutes. It asks the same questions in different manners to be sure you are consistent with your responses. About a week after I applied, they emailed me to schedule a brief phone interview. A few days after my phone interview I had an in person interview with two staff members. I was called the next day to come in for a final interview the following week. The final interview was with a panel of four, including an HR rep. The staff interviewing was absolutely lovely, but the interview was not conversational and felt very unnatural because it seemed that they had to follow a very specific list of questions in a certain order. There were several times they would ask me a question that was on there "list" that I had already answered. They would read the question and then realize I had already answered the question and ask me for another example, so make sure you have multiple answers for all the standard interview questions!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work for the company? What do you know about this position?   Answer Question

Line Cook III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 4-5 hours. I spent most of the time waiting, and about 10-30min with the different management. I met with HR, the chef, food and beverage director, and finally the general manager. They then had me come back and sign new hire papers 2 days later followed by a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How long I planned on staying, because they have a high turn-over rate.   Answer Question

Overnight Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Seattle, WA).

Interview

A very straight forward interview about experience and career goals. Was referred to position by a friend who was working in a different department. Interviewed with potential team lead then with HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond the call of duty to assist a customer or guest.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Property Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied on company website. Shortly thereafter received request for phone-screening. Interviewer kept cancelling and rescheduling phone-appointment for on-and-off 2-weeks ...finally offered invitation to property for face-to-face interview. Got there and was met with panel of (2) - HR/Lead Engineer. For all the hassle of waiting to interview, never hear a word back, let alone from a high-end hotel -- is aggravating. No courtesy and some professionalism.

SPA Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I first got in touch with someone from the Guest Service department and asked to meet with them for a general discussion/information session. They directed me to the Spa department, which was hiring, I applied for a position, and one week later I had my first interview with the Spa Director. After that, I interviewed with HR and with the Operations Director, and then I underwent a drug test, background check, and supplied two references (whom the HR director actually called and talked to). It was a very thorough process, and a bit lengthy, but the interviews were the enjoyable part.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why was I interested in working in a Spa, and did I like Spa culture?

2) Why the Fairmont?

3) What applicable experience did I have?

4) Would I be open to a varied and changing schedule?
      Answer Question

General Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Honolulu, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

First stage involves a behaviour assessment that measure honesty, integrity and leadership marks. Questions require strongly agree/disagree answers. If you don't pass this assessment, you won't hear back from them (or be passed on to the next phase, the 1:1). The assessment results stay on your record, so if you fail, you'll have a difficult time ever getting in the door.

Interview Questions

• Second phase, if you pass the behaviour assessment, involves situational questions... "tell me about a time that you...."   Answer Question