Fairway Independent Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fairway Independent Mortgage

2.2

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairway Independent Mortgage (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with another Business development manager. It was a great interviewing process. We talked about the company, what would be expected and beneficial with my position and growth potential.

Interview Questions

• If I was a licensed lender.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairway Independent Mortgage (Carrollton, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen by HR. Then phone interview by key managers I would be working for. Then in-person interview. The interviews left me very excited about joining the company and were a better experience than the job itself.

Interview Questions

• More of a description of job requirements than questions. Usual questions about past employment, strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a good offer and I needed a job badly. I accepted the offer without negotiating.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairway Independent Mortgage (Columbus, OH) in November 2018.

Interview

After speaking to 2 different recruiters for this company, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. I met with the branch manager and one of the recruiters for about an hour, in which I thought went really well. I was told that I would receive a call in the next day or two which I presumed to feel that an offer would be made.

Two weeks went by and I heard nothing. I reached out to the second recruiter who called me via text, still nothing. Moments later I received a text from the first recruiter who said they decided to go in a different direction, and she would look for another branch within Fairway.

Needless to say, I wouldn’t waste my time talking to them. If they can’t do the little things like call you back, etc. why would you want to work for them? At the end of the day I respect their decision if they didn’t think I was a good fit for their company; I just find it very unprofessional if they can’t take a few minutes and reach back out to you to let you know their decision.

Interview Questions

• There weren’t any questions out of the norm, pretty standard stuff, just wanted to know my experience, etc. in the mortgage business.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairway Independent Mortgage in July 2014.

Interview

I had an in with management, so there wasn't much of an interview process for me. The managers are great and upfront about what to expect and not to expect. They are very upfront about all that the job entails. One great thing they let you know is you are left to do your job and the sky is the limit.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel like you can handle a commission based draw after leaving a salaried position.   Answer Question

File Room Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fairway Independent Mortgage (Carrollton, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The day before the interview, I receive an email from the recruiter. She says good luck! On the day of the interview, I was expecting to meet two people, but I was met with one person. His manager was running late. The interview started with me introducing myself. I told him a little bit about myself and my current situation. Then, he went over the job description. It fits me perfect. I used to work for a company that deals with loans from major company such as Chase, BoA, and many more. After he describes the job description, he asks me if I have any question. I asked him about the file room and mail room duties. It's no different than what I did before. After I finish asking him questions, the interview starting to get very weird. He starts asking me more questions about situational behavior, dealing with co-workers, daily problems, and my career goals! I listed some of the questions that he asked below. When I finally met the manager, she introduces herself. She asks me about 2 questions. After that, she cut the interview short because there are some issues in the file room. I thank both of the managers and ask for their business card. I didn't get one. The interview lasts about an hour. I followed up twice about the position. In early June, I was told that the position was not filled because they have a special project. At the end of June, I was told that the position was filled because they knew somebody in that company.

Interview Questions

• Where will you be in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a co-worker who talks too much?   Answer Question
    • Are you available to work on Saturday?   Answer Question
    • Ah.. you have computer skills.. How do you handle things when the servers are down? Are you willing add value in the fileroom?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a lazy or dishonest co-worker? And give me an example?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairway Independent Mortgage (Plano, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I got through the phone screen and invited to come in for a panel interview. The panel is was what you would expect in this field. The hiring manager and two team members were included. I was told I would be contacted about the position. I heard nothing back after 2 weeks, so I followed up with an e-mail to the recruiter. Still nothing. If this is how they treat potential employees, I can only imagine how they treat people they already have. This is a bad experience to not contact candidates after a face-to-face interview. At least let them know they selected someone else.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with a Learning Management System?
      What process do you follow to manage a training project?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fairway Independent Mortgage (Madison, WI).

Interview

was there one? I was referred and hired quickly. it was a simple phone call, chat, CEO talked about himself mostly and how fun he is and how transparent they are etc.

Loan Originator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairway Independent Mortgage in December 2013.

Interview

Basic, as a loan originator, you can't expect much, fill out the application, pass background check, and your in, just make sure you have business that you bring as there are no leads. You mush be 100% self sourced.

Interview Questions

• Just be honest about your current business   1 Answer

Negotiation

basically no room for negotiation

Citrix Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairway Independent Mortgage in December 2014.

Interview

Very comprehensive interview. Met with AVP, the IT Team, the VP, and then the Director of IT. Each step was different. Some parts were very technical while others were more personal. Everyone went out of their way to make sure I did not feel overwhelmed.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical and personal questions none were invasive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth. No hassles at all.

Senior Citrix Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fairway Independent Mortgage (Richardson, TX).

Interview

The interview was held by the VP of IT and the Sr VM ware admin sheis a very bitter person who hats anything that she can not fully control

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no problems